Content

Weird bug

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 18, 2011

This happens sometimes in the servers, all text goes black, even the healthbar and stuff. I have no idea which this may be, I'm hoping on Brad.

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote : This happens sometimes in the servers, all text goes black, even the healthbar and stuff. I have no idea which this may be, I'm hoping on Brad.

Weird never happened to me Razz

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Definitely a shader/missing texture issue, but I have no idea why it would be occurring. This is completely controlled client-side so unless the texture file for the bitmap font simply could not be read at load-time (file in use already), it makes little sense.

Not only that, but the actual color background of the bars for the hud are just simple fill operations of a color of choice. I believe this may use a variation of the "white" identity shader though which could explain the whole mess if one of your .shader files is failing to load entirely OR in conflict with another one.

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zeth wrote : Definitely a shader/missing texture issue, but I have no idea why it would be occurring. This is completely controlled client-side so unless the texture file for the bitmap font simply could not be read at load-time (file in use already), it makes little sense.

Not only that, but the actual color background of the bars for the hud are just simple fill operations of a color of choice. I believe this may use a variation of the "white" identity shader though which could explain the whole mess if one of your .shader files is failing to load entirely OR in conflict with another one.

It happened 3 times with the entire server last week. And the console indeed says something about missing shaders, I'll take a screenshot of the specific message next time it's happening.

Ankit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happened to me once when I reconnect to server after it crashed.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]