Content

who is good with Photoshop?

ben18bk View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I'm trying to add Goku's emblem on my texture. but I need to edit the emblem bc it has white around, if anyone has Photoshop and can edit it for me, I would greatly appricate it, its also my birthday today, just throwing that out there Razz
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/807/emblem.jpg/

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

ben18bk wrote : I'm trying to add Goku's emblem on my texture. but I need to edit the emblem bc it has white around, if anyone has Photoshop and can edit it for me, I would greatly appricate it, its also my birthday today, just throwing that out there Razz

gratz happy birthday

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote :

ben18bk wrote : I'm trying to add Goku's emblem on my texture. but I need to edit the emblem bc it has white around, if anyone has Photoshop and can edit it for me, I would greatly appricate it, its also my birthday today, just throwing that out there Razz

gratz happy birthday

thanks Very Happy

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

So you want to make it transparent?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

If you want it done properly you do it manually with either the lasso selection tool or the eraser using shift.

If you want it the easy way, but sleazy way you can pick the background eraser tool under the eraser tool set.

yeah, I don't have Photoshop on my computer, I just need little Goku's emblem picture(edited) so that I can put it over his shirt texture

you should try this http://pixlr.com/editor/ it's like online Photoshop editor

Acaryus wrote : you should try this http://pixlr.com/editor/ it's like online Photoshop editor

oo thanks brother, greatly appricate it Smile

I edited the picture and deleted around the emblem where its white, I saved it as a png file bc it uses a transparent background, when I put it inside the texture, there's a black background behind the emblem, I don't know what to dooo Crying or Very sad

There you go!

Here is a small tutorial I made,hope it helps

Acaryus wrote : Here is a small tutorial I made,hope it helps

thanks a million, you're da best, I wasn't used to this program but ill learn more now, thanks again brother =)

TRL View user's profile Send private message

That's the sleazy way Acaryus! Like that you still have that tiny white border around it. Just zoom in and select and cut with the lasso tool.

Ah sorry TRL, I didn't know Smile
Ben, you can still do it with that photo editor, it's very similar to Photoshop.

Reply with quote Thursday, August 04, 2011

okay brother, thanks again, Very Happy

Reply with quote Thursday, August 04, 2011

one question.. how do you make the picture go over a material in 3ds max, I'm using an ink n paint material, and when I add the picture, it shows on the view port, but when I render it, its either not there or its transparent, and the transparent is all the wau up Confused

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 05, 2011

The lasso tool is not practical in this particular case as there's no point in using a pair of scissors when you have a perfectly good lawnmower.

Use a simple fill on a new layer without contiguous and all layers selected for best results. Alternatively you could index the palette to 2 colors (black and white) with white as your transparency key. This will give you hard edges, but it's a fully defined silhouette that you can fill/grow/feather from to soften. A 4th option would be to maximize your contrast and bump the eraser tolerance to catch the jaggies, but you'd end up losing density data in the process.

Reply with quote Friday, August 05, 2011

I got rhe front emblem to show on his shirt, if I try n add another picture to place on his back, da front one disappears, I don't know Confused

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 06, 2011

Each layer on top will need to have a proper alpha (transparency) channel on it to be able to stack without overriding. I'm not sure whether you are trying to do this in Photoshop or in a multiple-texture shader, but the same principle applies.

DarkStar181992 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 06, 2011

use gimp
open image
add alpha channel
use select-by-color tool
click on the white background
press delete
HURREY the background is gone

now you place a layer of any color below the emblem Very Happy

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]