Content

Online map switch bug!

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 18, 2011

I was recently playing ZEQ2 online, when the server decided to switch maps, which was fine. Then when it loads, I get this afterimage bloom effect on my screen. This was upsetting because nobody else experienced this but me. It was improbable to see or play.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

That is called a hall of mirrors effect and it typically occurs when you are either [a] looking somewhere where the render buffer isn't updating (like the bottom of most skyboxes) or [b] a set of shaders/assets failed to load correctly.

It's completely client-side (on your end) so either the files it tried to load were somewhat locked down for some reason or otherwise you didn't have all of the required components.

It's not a bug and should not occur with an unmodified build on a unmodified server.

Yeah *breathy*, okay, because I remember seeing this at the bottom of a map once. It's the new lookout map by hoodjuro by the way. "Hall of mirrors" you say, I had no idea what to call it. It's the trippiest thing I've ever seen though.

But wait, this is me offline Confused ....

VladUzumaki View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 19, 2011

it's be because server don't have updated map

BJ-BILAL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 04, 2011

VladUzumaki wrote : it's be because server don't have updated map

server has the newest revision,I had this once,luckily the admin himself was there,I opened my console to chat and asked him,he said this is because my revision is 1536 while the admin was testing the newest revision...............that's it!! see if you're getting the same problem on any other server!!

Reply with quote Sunday, September 04, 2011

It was lawliest's server, and your right I'm not. Hoodjuro's Kami map is the only one of lawliest's maps that has this problem.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]