Content

1, 2  >>

Gohan

DarkPrince_92 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, August 22, 2011

Yeah.. I know he's brand new, but should this be happening?

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

LOLLLLOLOL Laughing Laughing

I blame domitjen...

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

What are you talking about? His scrotch blast is one of his signature moves!

And indeed as you said, he's brand new. Attacks/configs all need to be tweaked yet.

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

This doesn't happen to me

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

If the homepage doesn't say the newest version is stable, then this probably should be happening Smile This is the newest revision, so it is bound to have bugs. And for the love of lloyd, please use the bug reporting system that can be found here:
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

Mima wrote : If the homepage doesn't say the newest version is stable, then this probably should be happening Smile This is the newest revision, so it is bound to have bugs. And for the love of lloyd, please use the bug reporting system that can be found here:

It might be because I use the rev 1536 that I don't have this bug

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

SAMCROSS wrote :

Mima wrote : If the homepage doesn't say the newest version is stable, then this probably should be happening Smile This is the newest revision, so it is bound to have bugs. And for the love of lloyd, please use the bug reporting system that can be found here:

It might be because I use the rev 1536 that I don't have this bug

Possibly, or it could have something to do with the fact that I didn't animate the weapon tags yet...(Currently, it's just attached to the hand...)

*laughing out loud*, okay guys, just checking.... but he looks good regardless.

SAMCROSS wrote : This doesn't happen to me

By the way, it's the generic beam attack that does this, not Masenko...

It'll be fixed soon though, don't worry.

VladUzumaki View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 23, 2011

He do Kamehameha like masenko revision 1598

VladUzumaki wrote : He do Kamehameha like masenko revision 1598

There was a lot of discussion yesterday wether or wether he not is being able to do the kamehameha at that point of time the Gohan is based on.

At first we were going to exlude the kamehameha and only keep the masenko in as his special. That is until Brad mentioned this:

"<Bradless> Also apparently Gohan used a Kamehameha against Vegeta around the Namek Saga (although his hand positions and the attack itself were more similar to the Masenko)
<Bradless> We could consider this a pre-cursor to his mastery of the ability by trying to work on his own variation of energy gathering."

So here you have the reason.

Anooxy View user's profile Send private message

Sounds like http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bakuretsu_Ranma to me not Kamehameha.

He didn't use it until Cell Saga. And he mastered it in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Goku.

Well this Gohan looks like the one from the Android to Imperfect Cell saga. I don't remember seeing him doing a Kamehameha on Vegeta at any point, but okay. You should give him, a "Hidden Power" attack thing, like the old Teen Gohan we used to use like in the 1st Public Beta.

DarkPrince_92 wrote : Well this Gohan looks like the one from the Android to Imperfect Cell saga. I don't remember seeing him doing a Kamehameha on Vegeta at any point, but okay. You should give him, a "Hidden Power" attack thing, like the old Teen Gohan we used to use like in the 1st Public Beta.

Seeing if I can work something out like that, but it requires a few code changes to make it work correctly, which I'm only half figuring out right now. Granted I still need to run my idea past Brad to see if he'll let me do it to begin with.

And it was Brad who thought he remembered Gohan using a variation of Kamehameha against Vegeta, but I think both he and I need to rewatch the series to refresh our memory on a lot of off the wall details like that...

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Gohan only learns kamehameha until after he trains with his father in the cell saga.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Gohan only learns kamehameha until after he trains with his father in the cell saga.

This is debatable, but is certainly one of the key training points where he could have potentially learned it; however, aside from the lack of usage, there's nothing to say he did not have knowledge of the attack prior.

Not only this but apparently I'm told of an instance in the series where Gohan uses a Kamehameha on Vegeta while posing (and with effects of) a Masenko. Since we're not allowed to break the fourth wall and use an extrinsic "dub mistake" as explanation, this could be a nod towards Gohan attempting to adapt his own variation of the technique.

Zeth wrote :

This is debatable, but is certainly one of the key training points where he could have potentially learned it; however, aside from the lack of usage, there's nothing to say he did not have knowledge of the attack prior.

Not only this but apparently I'm told of an instance in the series where Gohan uses a Kamehameha on Vegeta while posing (and with effects of) a Masenko. Since we're not allowed to break the fourth wall and use an extrinsic "dub mistake" as explanation, this could be a nod towards Gohan attempting to adapt his own variation of the technique.

And if this is indeed the Gohan from around the Android Saga, Goku had 3 whole years of training with Gohan in which to teach it to him. Plenty of opertunity, and there was no real chance for Gohan to use it until fighting Cell, since all the major fighting was done by others, so there's no real point in which they definitively say when he learned it.

Piccolo trained Gohan before facing Vegeta... ergo Gohan couldn't have learned the Kamehameha, unless the Demon King somehow knew how. But this Gohan is from the Android saga, you can tell by his boots. That Gohan trained with Goku for 3 years, so he could have definitely picked it up.

http://images.myfavoritegames.com/gallery-Dragon Ball-z-gt-x/Gohan/GohanStance.jpg

I just saw the last post so nevermind =P

One must also consider the "apple clause", in that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Gohan could easily have had some innate abilitiy to pick things up and learn at an accelerated rate. Goku learned the Kamehameha fairly quickly in Dragonball after only seeing Master Roshi use it once, if I recall, Gohan could easily have inherrited this trait without knowing it. Granted, much of Gohan's learning was focused mostly on book smarts growing up, due to Chichi's strong handed determination for her son to not be a mindless slab of muscle like his father, which explains why Gohan was so intelligent for his age.

Granted, from an intrinsic perspective, none of this matters since "Dragonball" and "Dragonball Z" are two separate stories, and Brad has stated previously that when talking cannon, only Dragonball Z counts as usable reference material...

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gohan saying Kamehameha in the Saiyan saga is a dub mistake though. The same how Tenshinhan probably couldn't grow his arm back..

TRL wrote : Gohan saying Kamehameha in the Saiyan saga is a dub mistake though. The same how Tenshinhan probably couldn't grow his arm back..

I tried to say that as well but with Brad's instrinsic analysation concept you have to remember that there is no such thing as a "dub". Doesn't exist..

There is no manga,dragonball,akira toyriama,dub,..

Only what happened in Dragon Ball Z and what we've seen in there.

At least that's what I've been told.

I know that's what he says. But I don't like to talk crazy.

TRL wrote : I know that's what he says. But I don't like to talk crazy.

Are you implying now that what he says is crazy talk? Or did I misinterpreted what you said?

Yup. But Brad knows I feel this way about those "theories". To me you can't separate a translated work from it's origin. Not only is it disrespectful to the creators, it's also not very smart because the american adaptation is hardly an improvement. All the changes that were made, were because of a money incentive, because if they didn't do them, they couldn't air the show. So people surviving exploding helicopters and the infamous word "heck" can never be uttered.

So the original Japanese dragonball manga is the ultimate source to go by.

I do agree that they should have based it on the Japanese version in terms of accuracy.

Dubs really do some awfull work to the original anime.

If you have to believe this one ( and I'm not kidding, this is an official dub) then here is Goku performing the kamehameha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMDfMT1aYwU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxg3cfGFN4

This is just embarrassing

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]