Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

ZEQ2-lite Original Soundtrack

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I love both Faulconer's themes and the original Original Soundtrack, but I prefer the original (I blame nostalgia).

TRL wrote : Bruce Faulconer's Spirit Bomb theme is so good, it makes the move so much more magical. I can't imagine the scene without it. It just builds up so well.

The original Genki Dama theme was so magical as well, it sounds like a christmas carol to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hJaeZwYAk

Postscript: That's the theme they played when Goku killed Buu and this one when Goku was charging the Genki Dama, if I remember correctly.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

I grew up listening to Bruce Faulconer's version of the Dragon Ball Z soundtrack so I prefer his vers. over the original

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Cool, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard that before. But I recognize the style. It builds up tension pretty well too.

Shane View user's profile Send private message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtoQ4Ci03g

I downloaded the soundtrack but I was disappointed when I didn't see this one... :/

I was looking for it specifically. :

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Shane wrote : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtoQ4Ci03g

I downloaded the soundtrack but I was disappointed when I didn't see this one... :/

I was looking for it specifically. :

wait this music,,,, I remember DRAGONBALL Z LEGENDS PS1

arcade battle...theme

You know the Japanese music always sounds a certain way. It reminds me of music from a western movie, like ennio moriccone. Don't know why that is.

One thing I really disliked is the music like linkin park for some of Dragon Ball Z English dubbed movies, that was just puppykilling awful.

ESFER25 wrote : I love both Faulconer's themes and the original Original Soundtrack, but I prefer the original (I blame nostalgia).

TRL wrote : Bruce Faulconer's Spirit Bomb theme is so good, it makes the move so much more magical. I can't imagine the scene without it. It just builds up so well.

The original Genki Dama theme was so magical as well, it sounds like a christmas carol to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hJaeZwYAk

Postscript: That's the theme they played when Goku killed Buu and this one when Goku was charging the Genki Dama, if I remember correctly.

I remember that I was moved when I heard this music .. then gives me a great strength ..

thanks..for letting me listen
Crying or Very sad Very Happy Twisted Evil

I was hoping to find new music in the pack 1 and 2. but in reality I found the same ones that we all possess in our already ZEQ2.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

yeah it is

Razz

but when you're in game you don't pay attention to the music as much

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One thing I really disliked is the music like linkin park for some of Dragon Ball Z English dubbed movies, that was just puppykilling awful.

Brolly legendary Super Saiyan?

There were several. I think Slug too. They were just trying to hard to act "tough" with that music. Some rehashed Faulconer music would have been much better for it.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote :

Brolly legendary Super Saiyan?

Yep, by far.

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : You know the Japanese music always sounds a certain way. It reminds me of music from a western movie, like ennio moriccone. Don't know why that is.

There were also unfortunate splashes of music from Saliva and Finger Eleven mixed in there somewhere.

TRL wrote : There were several. I think Slug too. They were just trying to hard to act "tough" with that music. Some rehashed Faulconer music would have been much better for it.

This.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 19, 2011

I won't let this get forgotten. Those who haven't checked these masterpieces out yet, check them as soon as you can. Those who already did can do it again if they want to. Smile

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

could be great if you add a couple metal songs to this game...

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

AnTy wrote : could be great if you add a couple metal songs to this game...

maybe a metal remix to the songs?

There already are some forms of metal in these. Check the descriptions of any track to see it's genre.

AnthonyAT33 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Listened trough all the songs a couple of times, splendid work and kudos to both of the creators. Though, I'd like to hear something like this as well:
http://youtu.be/t940xGTYy8Q
The song starting at 6:22 and ending at 9:08, though the song after is good as well.
And also this
http://youtu.be/xA-0YYdunHc
Starting at 7:37 and ending at 9:11

Have in mind, it's just an opinion and my personal taste, not a request.

foe me is better original Japanese soundtrack for the bardack ending..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h_O1qHr3-8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvW7CRC3rk

... is more explosive and more the meaning of desperation and desire for revenge ...

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : They were just trying to hard to act "tough" with that music.

Acting? Dragon Ball Z has always been tough by nature if you think about. Anyway,I personally think they chose those themes because they liked them (or sell millions of copies Laughing ). The old JAP themes are actually descendants of metal and rock, but I've noticed some fans don't want to deal with it.

I didn't revive this thread so you guys can bicker about opinions. ALL opinions are valid. I revived it so we can talk how awesome these tracks are! Smile

Mima wrote : There already are some forms of metal in these. Check the descriptions of any track to see it's genre.

I want to hear something from slipknot, korn, pantera, static x or something like that ingame... could be cool if you add a couple of songs from this bands on this game...

Only faulconer-based tracks are being used in ZEQ2-Lite. You can always use the playlist file to edit tracks at will, as well as import more songs.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I want to hear something from slipknot, korn, pantera, static x or something like that ingame... could be cool if you add a couple of songs from this bands on this game...

That's both illegal and unoriginal.

All of the ZEQ2-lite tracks were hand-made by musicians/composers specifically for the game. They are used nowhere else in the world (presently) and are based upon the original Faulconer tracks/stylings from the English Dragon Ball Z series.

I've no problem with the groups you've listed, but how do any of those bands relate to Dragon Ball Z in any way? We can't just put in music that people like, after all. It has to actually make sense to some form of nostalgia towards the Dragon Ball Z series.

Mima, I see...
Zeth, well... I didn't say that was original, I just say could be cool... and I never hear Dragon Ball Z songs because I got boret with that... when I see the fights and the blood I want to hear something "strong" but anyway I will do what mima say...

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]