1, 2  >>

Dragon Ball Online

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 11, 2009

does anyone here knows or play Dragon Ball Online
PLEASE help can't make account Crying or Very sad

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Lonno wrote : yeah I am I just haven't had much time to work on it since last I posted, was playing Dragon Ball Online beta and I've been busy going to try and get him finished up soon though.

You got into the beta? Nice Razz

Post some screens man!

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

Lonno wrote : yeah I am I just haven't had much time to work on it since last I posted, was playing Dragon Ball Online beta and I've been busy going to try and get him finished up soon though.

how did you get beta? what the heck.

Lonno View user's profile Send private message

korean version...second closed beta was last week, its over now though.

Well dude is it amazing or what? that looks like the greatest game EVER I can't wait.

Serduszko View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, November 12, 2009

Malek wrote : does anyone here knows or play Dragon Ball Online?

Just go youtube.com write Dragon Ball Online and find channel that name is:dragonballmmo and there will be a site probably dragonballmmo.com or sth,use google.You can play beta but still in korean.About 01.12 japan will relase their version with will be better.USA or Europe in summer;p

It isn't as great as you think.ZEQ2 can be better;]

by the way why don't use http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/files/2009_11_07_05_38_16_771.jpg
As a skin to ZEQ2 is almost perfect!

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2's models are already better.
What would be nice is to have their collection of references though.

Models are not everything. If dragonball online was officially released in the US I would not be on this forum right now.

lonno do you know how to register to netmarble to play the game ???
I already downloaded beta1 of Dragon Ball Online (1.9gb) but it says "wrong service information " when I run the game Crying or Very sad
I HAVE to register to netmarble but it need kssn

Bax21 View user's profile Send private message

*intense laughter* me too... is there any korean guy which can give us his or his mothers/father kssn or maybe??? please WE are BEGGING FOR MERCY *intense laughter* Laughing

Ooh you got Saiyan armor? That's nice.
Also the little flying scooters look cool as heck.

To the others, the beta is over, so no point in trying to get in the game.

Reply with quote Sunday, November 15, 2009

we can't get in the game anymore ???????? Crying or Very sad

PLEASE help me I just want to make an account the game can wait explain more about the beta and others lonno you are lucky to know how to play it but I'm stuck on 2nd step of netmarble register you already got a kssn if you can play it... Sad

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : ... the beta is over, so no point in trying to get in the game.

ESCachuli View user's profile Send private message

I played...Is the most awesome game I played.
Here you have my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sJzMCeagSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXDnffuTtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v0JQ28UW-why
I can't wait 'till next beta.
If you need more info, go to DBOCOM. there is lot of info there.[/url]

Deathshot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 16, 2009

I have the game downloaded and all.... Private servers are already in work from what I hear.

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Looks fun Very Happy

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

All the footage I've seen of Dragon Ball Online just looks like every other generic WoW style MMORPG. Barring the Dragon Ball Z visuals I can't see what makes this a game to be excited about at all considering the gameplay looks exactly like any of the umpteen billion other WoW style MMORPG's out there.

Dragon Ball Z is pretty much all about the fighting so I would have expected some semblance of Dragon Ball Z influenced combat in the game, but it's combat looks like it doesn't even attempt to resemble Dragon Ball Z fighting, just the archetypal "Stand-Still-And-Press-Skill-Hotkeys" combat found in most other MMORPG's.

Anyone care to enlighten this disillusioned old coder as to what makes Dragon Ball Online such an exciting, awesome game which stands out from everything else? I mean except the Dragon Ball Z clothers.

All the critisim I've seen towards this game is from people comparing it to WoW why do you compare it to wow based on visuals seriously you're going to need to play it before you can make any serious judgements. And I don't know if it's your competitive attitude because you are part of the ZEQ2-Lite team but woah dude you haven't even played it and I'm sure none of you have actually played every aspect of the game yet so maybe you should just wait until the game is officially released before you make any of those accusations. And even if it indeed is one of those MMORPGS like WoW Who really cares... WoW is a fun game and with a dragonball persona I'm sure the game will be even more fun then it already appears to be.. the quests may be a lot of fun with the new content and what not.. I for one am willing to buy this game when it comes out and will not be one to judge so quickly on a poor basis.

TheXenon, would you care to calm down, take a deep breath and start using punctuation so your posts are actually legible?

And yes, most of the criticism you would have seen about the game would be comparing it to WoW, because all the gameplay footage looks exactly like a generic WoW style game.

My last post was just my opinion, nothing to do with the fact I'm helping out with some coding work on ZEQ2-Lite (note: I'm not a "team" member) and have this exact same opinion about every single WoW clone on the market.

In my opinion, WoW style MMO's are utterly boring and a waste of money, it's all about grinding and grinding and grinding over and over and over. Hardly what I'd call fun. But this is just my opinion, which is why I asked if anyone could enlighten me as to what makes Dragon Ball Online an awesome game.

For all the words in that single sentance not one explained why it's good at all, you just pointed out that you like it and it's not anything like WoW but at the same time it may be just like WoW but that's okay in your view because you like WoW.

All I'm asking is what makes the game so good, what it does to stand out against the rest of the pack which you are so bitterly complaining about it being lumped in with.

What makes me excited is that the storyline and design is supervisioned by Toriyama and how it seems he ignores everything based on the anime as if it were a continuation of the manga.

What makes me angry at the koreans, is that they almost have a monopoly on making mmorpg's, which is why they all play the same! With this one they could have really taken a different approach on the fighting. They have some mild Dragon Ball Z influences with the flying combo's and the knockbacks but overall it's very much just clicking skills in repetition. They could have made it a fighter/rpg.

No one knows if its awesome and no one knows if it will be bad.. All you can really do now is wait.
And yeah I don't know if it is true but I read on wikipedia that akira toriyama is supervising Dragon Ball Online and is incharge of most of its art.

TRL wrote : What makes me angry at the koreans, is that they almost have a monopoly on making mmorpg's, which is why they all play the same!

Well, that's quite likely because so many people take out a small business loan in their pants over every new but utterly archetypal MMO which comes out of that country. Why should they bother spending time and money being inovative when thousands of people like TheXenon will buy it and pay a subscription fee any way? Korean MMO's are the modern day shovelware, they keep being made because they keep getting bought.

TheXenon wrote : And yeah I don't know if it is true but I read on wikipedia that akira toriyama is supervising Dragon Ball Online and is incharge of most of its art.

Wikipedia isn't really the source to trust, but it's definitely true. You can tell by the wacky designs some of the monsters got. Like that hippo transvestite. Reminds me of dragon quest a lot.

Alex wrote :

TRL wrote : What makes me angry at the koreans, is that they almost have a monopoly on making mmorpg's, which is why they all play the same!

Well, that's quite likely because so many people take out a small business loan in their pants over every new but utterly archetypal MMO which comes out of that country. Why should they bother spending time and money being inovative when thousands of people like TheXenon will buy it and pay a subscription fee any way? Korean MMO's are the modern day shovelware, they keep being made because they keep getting bought.

Don't dislike cause I am optimistic.

Who said anything about dislike? It was just a statement of fact. You've stated that you're getting in whatever it turns out like, as such it's consumers like yourself who contribute to such MMO devs constantly shoveling out such archetypal, unoriginal, generic games because people will buy them no matter how identical they are to the last game said consumer bought. This causes immense oversaturation of the market and makes people like myself wonder what all the fuss is about.

Stick the words "MMO" after the name of a fanatical enthusiastic young child franchise and it could literally be nothing more than a reskin of a different MMO yet still sell like the clappers. It's fine to be optimistic about a game, but being so optimistic about a game which looks pretty much identical any number of other games can lead to grave disappointment Wink

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]