Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Yamucha wip

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 02, 2011

Zeth wrote :

You should provide the talented bunch on this forum with more quality parts that they can use (like that hand), so they won't waste any time redoing stuff or using bad ones either.

Practical and reasonable. I've stated this many times as well.

This was aimed at you Very Happy

You JUST provided an indirect supporting consensus in your previous paragraphs that logically said the exact opposite. To be thorough in the rationale, it's more than just about style consistency or even just utilizing time effectively. If you consider the fact that Dragon Ball Z (and other concepts) use the same artistic principles in it's original drawing styles, it's pretty plain to see that there's little point in recreating the same components again and again when the result is perceptually (and structurally) identical.

What logical reason do you have for not supporting piece reuse even though you obviously understand its benefits?

Yes I did, I pointed the options which I both support, if I was to work for a game, I would go with the "using other peoples parts or work" to make the mod look like its connected.

Other than that option, using other peoples work, I really do not support, since if you are not working on a game, OR you STILL don't know how to make proper parts yourself, why use alien ones? That's cheating and you will NEVER learn the proper way to do anything by it.

Both options were aimed for the people that are not rookies, others NEED to learn from scratch and that is that.

Recreating instead of taking

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Other than that option, using other peoples work, I really do not support, since if you are not working on a game, OR you STILL don't know how to make proper parts yourself, why use alien ones? That's cheating and you will NEVER learn the proper way to do anything by it.

Of course, but how is that relative to this topic at hand? TRL knows how to model and texture on his own. The entire Yamucha model was crafted from scratch.

Both options were aimed for the people that are not rookies, others NEED to learn from scratch and that is that.

Recreating instead of taking

I agree that artists should know how to create their own meshes on their own; however, I think that an artist's end-goal should be to create the best possible results over any other aspect (using component pieces that are shared whenever possible).

The idea is that you start out by using and editing existing components and only model when it's absolutely necessary to do so -- giving back your creation for others to not repeat the same process again. Like I said, it's not just about saving time. It's about a practical concept of evolutionary progression for you and for others.

The principle of reuse is not a bad thing and as such should not be villainized for serving as a placeholder until a better standard comes around.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Hair grow!

On the subject of using other parts. I plan to use this model for a bare feet Goku and a Saiyan saga krillin. So everyone is happy now? Razz

So I covered his ears, gave him some extra curls and made a better hair shape on top. The hair on his back is still to be done.

Also already did some minor fixes to the head and chest/neck area.

I think it's an improvement.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

sure .! good improvement.. Smile

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote :
I plan to use this model for a bare feet Goku and a Saiyan saga krillin. So everyone is happy now? Razz

Made my day Very Happy

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Yes, the resemblence is uncanny.... He jumped off the TV screen. Very Happy

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Hair grow!

On the subject of using other parts. I plan to use this model for a bare feet Goku and a Saiyan saga krillin. So everyone is happy now? Razz

So I covered his ears, gave him some extra curls and made a better hair shape on top. The hair on his back is still to be done.

Also already did some minor fixes to the head and chest/neck area.

I think it's an improvement.

looks great, very good work, I want animate him (not rig it, just animate it)...

Thanks guys!

Here are some major fixes for the body proportions.

really nice ...I think that now is finished.. right?..

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Are you also doing the animations and particles or will that be handed off to someone else? And Looks great.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote : Are you also doing the animations and particles or will that be handed off to someone else? And Looks great.

I'm pretty sure Skatter will be doing the particles

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

The proportions have matched near perfection Smile . Are you sure the muscles aren't a little large?

Reply with quote Saturday, December 03, 2011

is perfect subjective or objective...
is perfect...

now I hope that you want rig this and animate..
this is my dream..

can show picture of the back side TRL?

I want see hair... Very Happy

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 04, 2011

Looking good TRL, try to look at it as a cutout, make the mesh pure black and see only the silhouette, by doing that I can see that the crotch needs to be pulled down a tad, and so on.

Look at it from all angles like that mayne, go go go!

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Skatter wrote :

TRL wrote :
I plan to use this model for a bare feet Goku and a Saiyan saga krillin. So everyone is happy now? Razz

Made my day Very Happy

Heh, you love the Saiyan Saga Razz

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

I want this character or I'm going to make a loving rebellion against this slam

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 20, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpO20cXeQ4&list=UUiQ4CylwLPCWB8EHzunYtrA&index=1&feature=plcp

I'll keep trying to clean this up. TRL, it's going to look so much better just when it isn't this crappy Goku edit. I played around with the lightning, but you can't tell it from the video very well Confused

gigirs50 Protege View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 20, 2011

here the Yamucha that I have rigged.....need some fix

I don't know why but I can't use de attachment function..so I upload the file max here

http://www.4shared.com/file/HzzAokFu/Yamucha.html

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cool skatter! That is quite the incentive. I really like how the ball flickers like that. Also Garlic jr map for the win! Smile

Yep, Deadzone Map Very Happy

when yo created that map skatter??...
I want see again Wink Wink

looks very good....

gigirs that Yamucha is Yamucha old version right?..
the actually SVN...

can't wait the new version Saiyan saga...
TRL...
you have fixed the head ,body proportions and finished the textures so far...
Smile

He didn't created it, it's in the Media folder. Wink

LegendarySS4 wrote : He didn't created it, it's in the Media folder. Wink

media??

I've update now with toirse ...but ther aren't dead zone map..

NELLO!! wrote :

LegendarySS4 wrote : He didn't created it, it's in the Media folder. Wink

media??

I've update now with toirse ...but ther aren't dead zone map..

http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Media/Maps/

TRL wrote : Cool skatter! That is quite the incentive. really like how the ball flickers like that. Also Garlic jr map for the win!

Hah, thanks, TRL! I'll keep trying to make it better and better, but the moveset is nothing with out the master's model Razz And yeah, that map's just good and dark, perfect for clips like that *intense laughter*

NELLO!! wrote : when yo created that map skatter??...
I want see again Wink Wink

looks very good....

gigirs that Yamucha is Yamucha old version right?..
the actually SVN...

can't wait the new version Saiyan saga...
TRL...
you have fixed the head ,body proportions and finished the textures so far...
Smile

I didn't create the map. That's an old Bid For Power map. It's improbable to actually play on that map, really, but it's good for some contrast. It had that purplish hue that the "Showdown in the Past" would have. Some of you talented mappers out there might give that a try! The battle between Yamucha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, and Chiaotzu against the two Saiyans in the past. It'll be great! Stark difference in the bright maps we have now!

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]