Content

ZEQ2 music replacement

SuperNamek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm making a music replacement pack to add several of the most moving original tracks to make the game feel more DBZish.

Was just wondering if there was a way to increase the play time. I know due to how the game functions, the tracks are short and end abruptly. Is there a way to change that in a config? If it's not that simple then it's not a big deal.

I'll post a sample here soon when my pack is near completion.

~SuperNamek~ (forums)

~Piccolo~ (in game)

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You can control the type and track length and fade time from within the playlist.cfg file in the music folder. What other options are you asking about/for?

SuperNamek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 01, 2011

I already know about the playlist cfg. The default music time set seems to be the length of the song. But it usually ends abruptly and not play very long. I know this is because of the way the game is made. Just wondering if there was any simple way to "force" the track to play out longer.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Ah you are referring to the music being changed all the time because of the music roles. For example, if you are idling, 1 music will be heard. When you lock on to someone, it will change. So your questions is if you can just make all songs play out as if they were in some music player right?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Having the option of non-shuffled tracks should already exist, but adding the option for disabling the dynamic music would require an additional cvar (or playlist config) option. It wouldn't be hard at all to implement.

Use cg_music.h to add a new boolean value for non-type playback. Use cg_music.c to parse your new playlist value, set it, and prevent swapping tracks if this bool is on.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]