Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Strongest Dragon Ball Z Character (Not Fusion)

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 03, 2011

Zay wrote : Goku can become mystic
did gokus hidden power ever get released no

No one ever said Goku had powers like that, nor did he show any traits of them.
Most likely he can't become mystic as he doesn't have any hidden powers within him.

skkyper View user's profile Send private message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_dQZCwwKM

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Zielan wrote :

Most likely he can't become mystic as he doesn't have any hidden powers within him.

That's ridiculous! Earlier in the anime, I believe the Grand Elder on Namek said that everyone has hidden potential waiting to be unlocked. There was no way to know for sure that Goku had absolutely no potential, I mean, he has the most determination of any character in the anime. If he had no potential, he would never have been able to push himself past his own bodily limits.

Linkxp500 wrote :

Zielan wrote :

That's ridiculous! Earlier in the anime, I believe the Grand Elder on Namek said that everyone has hidden potential waiting to be unlocked. There was no way to know for sure that Goku had absolutely no potential, I mean, he has the most determination of any character in the anime. If he had no potential, he would never have been able to push himself past his own bodily limits.

I think Goku has greater potential than Gohan,he always had a lot of potential,he was the first that went Super Saiyan.If it's about who went Super Saiyan at earlier age, it would be Goten the strongest,cause he went Super Saiyan at 7 years old , Gohan was an crybaby at that age, and the next one would be Trunks that went Super Saiyan at 8 years old , so , Goten has the greatest potential just because he went Super Saiyan so early ? I don't think so, I think Goku had more potential than Gohan Very Happy

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

I think it works like this:

Goku has potential but it's not hidden because he's been training, but Gohan never liked fighting so he couldn't use all his potential.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

I suppose it is possible to manually unlock all potential through training... Not very probable, but possible.

EDIT: After thinking about it, it kind of makes sense now. Laughing

Anooxy View user's profile Send private message

Goku had all his potential unlocked, because he unlocked that in the afterlife. Super Saiyan 3 was the outcome of that. If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

While Gohan's power that he showed during the fight with Cell got "lowered" hidden. Not to mention he had an adult body, so with that unlocked power he surpassed everyone else.

Gohan was the first to go Super Saiyan 2. He was always a step above everyone else.

The reason Goten and Trunks can go Super Saiyan so easily is because at the time they were born Goku and Vegeta had already learned that state, it's a genetical thing. While when Gohan was born, Goku had not learned Super Saiyan.

Gote and Trunks might possibly have more potential but it was never shown since Dragon Ball Z ended.

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Yeah, Goten and Trunks are not nearly as strong. Goku and Vegeta were just Super Saiyan when they were concieved. Goku also leaves all of his power up front. It's exactly why Goku transformed against Frieza, because his normal state had reached it's maximum. It also responded in the need to save his friends and family from Frieza. Goten and Trunks are about as strong as Goku when he fought Vegeta for the first time, in their Super Saiyan state.

VeGoku View user's profile Send private message

If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

Because Gohan released Elder Kai from the Z Sword

.. And as I said.. Even IF Gohan was stronger at that moment, after many years Gohan was next to the bookshelf, while Goku was outside training.. So Gohan became weaker while Goku was just getting stronger.. Razz

VegetaFan wrote : ]

.. And as I said.. Even IF Gohan was stronger at that moment, after many years Gohan was next to the bookshelf, while Goku was outside training.. So Gohan became weaker while Goku was just getting stronger.. Razz

They've could just asked him to unlock Goku instead of Gohan.

And Gohan did train for the tournament, alas not as much as Goku. But Gohan had achieved Super Saiyan 2 already and Goku had to undergo much more heavy training. But the problem is, Goku can train as much as he wants but he will never advance as much as Gohan because Gohan has more potential.

Remember in the chamber when Goku trained with Gohan for over a year, Gohan started out as way weaker and ended up as 2x stronger (Super Saiyan 2). This is the difference between him and Goku. This is why he has more potential to grow his power. Gohan was like that since a kid, since the fight with Raditz and then with Frieza. We never see Goku advance so fast.

EqR View user's profile Send private message

VegetaFan wrote :

If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

Also, I think Goku might've wanted to pass the whole protecting the world business to the next generation. Which failed,

horribly.

EqR wrote :
Also, I think Goku might've wanted to pass the whole protecting the world business to the next generation. Which failed,

horribly.

It didn't actually. It was Gohan who saved the earth from Cell. And that was supposed to end Dragon Ball Z.

The problem is people didn't like Goku not being the main hero and complained to Akira Toriyama. So he was forced to make it like it failed.

But even so, during the Buu saga everyone failed, including Goku. Everyone was beaten. And Goku could never beat Kid Buu either (Mystic Gohan could but like I said, Toriyama was forced not to make that happen and instead sent Mystic Gohan in another planet so he wouldn't be able to join the fight since there was no one to teleport him). The defeat of Kid Buu came to the hand of everyone's power in that Spirit Bomb. Goku alone couldn't do anything.

Reply with quote Sunday, September 04, 2011

Anooxy wrote :

And Gohan did train for the tournament, alas not as much as Goku. But Gohan had achieved Super Saiyan 2 already and Goku had to undergo much more heavy training. But the problem is, Goku can train as much as he wants but he will never advance as much as Gohan because Gohan has more potential.

Remember in the chamber when Goku trained with Gohan for over a year, Gohan started out as way weaker and ended up as 2x stronger (Super Saiyan 2). This is the difference between him and Goku. This is why he has more potential to grow his power. Gohan was like that since a kid, since the fight with Raditz and then with Frieza. We never see Goku advance so fast.

Again you say that Gohan is the main character? What about original Dragon Ball? That show is almost epic as Dragon Ball Z. And you think that all those episodes and things were just to introduce the father of a real hero? In Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Goku almost always rescued the day... Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Ginyu Force, Frieza, and not to mention the Dragon Ball saves. And Gohan saved planet like how much times? 1? And he is the main character.. Right..
Goku was the main there, Goku is the main here.
Elder Kai wanted to release Gohan's power because Gohan RELEASED him from Z Sword. Gohan did train but he was weaker than a Teen Gohan Super Saiyan 2 (Vegeta said). Even though I think Super Saiyan 3 Goku untrained(fight with Buu) was stronger than Gohan, I am 'sure' that trained Super Saiyan 3 Goku is stronger. Gohan didn't train at all in the last episodes of Dragon Ball Z.. Goku spent ALL his time training.. What did he achieve? We don't know, since I don't count GT as the real Dragon Ball.. And the Supreme Kais are above all other characters in Dragon Ball Z(not in strength). And Gohan had his power released by the best in their job *intense laughter*.. Who could else release Gohan's power again?
And Goku can also release his power by anger.. Remember when Frieza destroyed Krillin? One of the most epic trasnformations ever!

Anooxy wrote :

Gohan has reached Super Saiyan 2 faster, but who reached Super Saiyan 1 and 3 faster ? Gohan reached Super Saiyan 1 in like 1 year and so,Goku did it in some months, the way to Namek planet and fighting frieza, also , Gohan couldn't reach Super Saiyan 3 in 7 years,so that means Goku has a lot of more potential.Gohan was the one unlocked because he destroyed the Z sword.And who told you Dragon Ball Z was supposed to end with Gohan being the hero at Cell Saga ? That isn't true at all, It was supposed to end at Frieza Saga , with Goku sacrificing himself killing frieza, he should've not escape from Planet Namek , but the fans wanted more , so Akira continued.

Gohan never reached Super Saiyan 3.. He just got his power unleashed.. About other things I agree.. Goku reached much faster by his own work..

desperado View user's profile Send private message

I have to disagree , every one has hidden potential and Goku most certainly did have it , and as we speak to the "end" 5 years had past and Goku was still training , so its pretty obvious that he had become allot stronger , 1 point to be taken , Gotenks Buu was pounding Gohan badly , while Super Saiyan 3 was on par

Anooxy wrote : Goku had all his potential unlocked, because he unlocked that in the afterlife. Super Saiyan 3 was the outcome of that. If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

While Gohan's power that he showed during the fight with Cell got "lowered" hidden. Not to mention he had an adult body, so with that unlocked power he surpassed everyone else.

Gohan was the first to go Super Saiyan 2. He was always a step above everyone else.

The reason Goten and Trunks can go Super Saiyan so easily is because at the time they were born Goku and Vegeta had already learned that state, it's a genetical thing. While when Gohan was born, Goku had not learned Super Saiyan.

Gote and Trunks might possibly have more potential but it was never shown since Dragon Ball Z ended.

If Goku went Super Saiyan 3 that doesn't mean it has all his potential unlocked ,if Goku would be just Super Saiyan 2 that would be all his potential ? wrong ,Goku was the one that was always 1 step ahead,that doesn't mean he had all his potential unlocked, if the series continued , Dragon Ball Z ,Goku could've reached Super Saiyan 4 , Vegeta Super Saiyan 3 ,so that means Goku still has potential

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

skkyper wrote :

Anooxy wrote : Goku had all his potential unlocked, because he unlocked that in the afterlife. Super Saiyan 3 was the outcome of that. If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

If Goku went Super Saiyan 3 that doesn't mean it has all his potential unlocked ,if Goku would be just Super Saiyan 2 that would be all his potential ? wrong ,Goku was the one that was always 1 step ahead,that doesn't mean he had all his potential unlocked, if the series continued , Dragon Ball Z ,Goku could've reached Super Saiyan 4 , Vegeta Super Saiyan 3 ,so that means Goku still has potential

Do you know who you sound like right now?

*Cough*andy*Cough*55

VegetaFan wrote :
Again you say that Gohan is the main character? What about original Dragon Ball? That show is almost epic as Dragon Ball Z. And you think that all those episodes and things were just to introduce the father of a real hero? In Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Goku almost always rescued the day... Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Ginyu Force, Frieza, and not to mention the Dragon Ball saves. And Gohan saved planet like how much times? 1? And he is the main character.. Right..
Goku was the main there, Goku is the main here.
Elder Kai wanted to release Gohan's power because Gohan RELEASED him from Z Sword. Gohan did train but he was weaker than a Teen Gohan Super Saiyan 2 (Vegeta said). Even though I think Super Saiyan 3 Goku untrained(fight with Buu) was stronger than Gohan, I am 'sure' that trained Super Saiyan 3 Goku is stronger. Gohan didn't train at all in the last episodes of Dragon Ball Z.. Goku spent ALL his time training.. What did he achieve? We don't know, since I don't count GT as the real Dragon Ball.. And the Supreme Kais are above all other characters in Dragon Ball Z(not in strength). And Gohan had his power released by the best in their job *intense laughter*.. Who could else release Gohan's power again?
And Goku can also release his power by anger.. Remember when Frieza destroyed Krillin? One of the most epic trasnformations ever!

What? I never said Gohan was the main character. Don't twist my words. Toriyama's idea was to shift the protection of the world to the new generation, Also known as Goku's and Vegeta's kids. And it makes sense. Goku wanted that as well. Dragon Ball was about Goku only, Dragon Ball Z shifted to Gohan during the Cell saga, it wasn't about Goku. But people complained, so Toriyama was forced to bring back Goku.

And no, if Goku had more potential (but he didn't), Elder Kai could've unlocked him by Gohan's request. Gohan wasn't weaker than Teen Gohan Super Saiyan 2, he just had forgot how to fight properly. All he needed was getting back to fighting but they had no time so they used Elder Kai's trick to unlock all his potential. Super Saiyan 3 Goku wasn't untrained, he trained all the time in the afterlife. Mystic Gohan is roughly as powerful as someone who has mastered the control of Super Saiyan 3, but Goku never trained enough to achieve that, Super Saiyan 3 was killing him, he couldn't control it. Goku can release power by anger but it's a very low potential compared to Gohan's rage. You're ignoring the very words of the fighter you're praising. Goku himself said Gohan had more potential of them all and he admitted himself that Gohan surpassed him in every way in the chamber when they were training. This alone is proof that Gohan is way more powerful. Not to mention Toriyama himself said that at the end of Dragon Ball Z, but you seem to create your own theories because you can't accept the idea that Goku is weaker. It's a FACT that Gohan is stronger, creator of Dragon Ball Z said that

skkyper wrote :
Gohan has reached Super Saiyan 2 faster, but who reached Super Saiyan 1 and 3 faster ? Gohan reached Super Saiyan 1 in like 1 year and so,Goku did it in some months, the way to Namek planet and fighting frieza, also , Gohan couldn't reach Super Saiyan 3 in 7 years,so that means Goku has a lot of more potential.Gohan was the one unlocked because he destroyed the Z sword.And who told you Dragon Ball Z was supposed to end with Gohan being the hero at Cell Saga ? That isn't true at all, It was supposed to end at Frieza Saga , with Goku sacrificing himself killing frieza, he should've not escape from Planet Namek , but the fans wanted more , so Akira continued.

What? Goku reached Super Saiyan faster? Gohan could go Super Saiyan when he was a teenager, Goku was an adult when he went Super Saiyan. Gohan definitely reached it faster. And Super Saiyan 3? Mystic Gohan is stronger than Super Saiyan 3, just because he doesn't have long hair doesn't mean he doesn't have the power of a Super Saiyan 3. All Elder Kai did is make Gohan contain his power in normal form... and we saw that his power way surpassed Super Saiyan 3 Goku. We can safely admit Gohan was beyond Super Saiyan 3 at that point. You still arguing about the potential thing, when Goku and Akira Toriyama said Gohan has more? And Akira Toriyama said himself that he intended to end Dragon Ball Z with Cell saga. Man you guys know nothing about Dragon Ball Z and come argue here? Read about it.

desperado wrote : I have to disagree , every one has hidden potential and Goku most certainly did have it , and as we speak to the "end" 5 years had past and Goku was still training , so its pretty obvious that he had become allot stronger , 1 point to be taken , Gotenks Buu was pounding Gohan badly , while Super Saiyan 3 was on par

Really? Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_dQZCwwKM It seems you've got it backwards. And it wasn't even in the manga so it doesn't count anyway.

skkyper wrote :

Yes it means he had his potential unlocked because he trained all the time. What more can you unlock from a guy who keeps fighting all the time? But Gohan had his potential hidden because he hadn't been fighting for like 7 years. Goku wasn't always one step ahead, only in Frieza saga. In Android saga, Vegeta was stronger, in Cell saga Gohan was stronger, in Buu saga Mystic Gohan was stronger. So yeah, nope.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

the series was intended to end at the cell saga with Gohan taking on the reigns his father had....but people didn't like that...

the reason Gohan had the most potential was cause he was the first Saiyan human hybrid..most saiyans don't show that much emotion(Vegeta) but Gohan lets it all out being that he's ahalf human and all... and like anooxy said Goku and akira toriyama said Gohan has more potential and he was the strongest character at the end of dragonball Z

seriously there is no arguement please stop Neutral

@ssj6vegeta: Finally someone with some sense and that reads facts.

For those who still don't get it, read this wiki: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gohan#Ultimate_Gohan

Zay View user's profile Send private message

actuaally anooxy you're wrong Goku was sick in the android sga so you can't say Goku was weaker than Vegeta because he only fought once

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Zay wrote : actuaally anooxy you're wrong Goku was sick in the android sga so you can't say Goku was weaker than Vegeta because he only fought once

actually when Vegeta first turned Super Saiyan he was actually a little stronger than Goku but Goku got stronger again now please don't go back to anooxies post t go find something else to argue about...that would be really discomforting

Zay View user's profile Send private message

watever I'm done arguing

Zay wrote : watever I'm done arguing

yes, me too .

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]