Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  >>

King Kai's Planet (WIP)

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 16, 2013

I see problems with polyflow. Always do extra edges so that faces don't overlap and ground because of it looks strange

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 18, 2013

NELLO!! wrote : new test ingame Wink

One thing I dislike about 3Ds max is that, even with an alpha-mapped plane, it still renders out a plane as a shadow, instead of the texture.

You should cut around the edges of the tress, big enough, hold shift and move it up not too high and not too low(Might cause the Z-fighting effect), make it another object. Then take one of the leave textures, fix it up to a shadow, then put newly created cut out plane, you did with the around the tree and use alpha map.

So you'll get a real tree shadow instead of that 3D max tree shadow approach.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 18, 2013

One thing I dislike about 3Ds max is that, even with an alpha-mapped plane, it still renders out a plane as a shadow, instead of the texture.

You should cut around the edges of the tress, big enough, hold shift and move it up not too high and not too low(Might cause the Z-fighting effect), make it another object. Then take one of the leave textures, fix it up to a shadow, then put newly created cut out plane, you did with the around the tree and use alpha map.

You are telling him to carve out rough polygonal shapes for the tree to make it fit "closer", but it'd still be a rough, blocky approximation and not a proper representation. In actuality, you can set up your shadow render pass in 3dsmax to use alpha data from textures to project shadows directly into the bake.

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Zeth wrote :

You are telling him to carve out rough polygonal shapes for the tree to make it fit "closer", but it'd still be a rough, blocky approximation and not a proper representation.

Hehe, I knew I should have shown you what I was talking about, when I get home, I'll post here of what I really meant Smile

In actuality, you can set up your shadow render pass in 3dsmax to use alpha data from textures to project shadows directly into the bake.

Oh didn't knew that was possible, thought 3ds max would have done that automatically without tweaking the settings.

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 20, 2013

You can try this awesome road texture Razz

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

well man Laughing that's very nice thanks very much Wink

TRL View user's profile Send private message

You're going to have to make 3 versions of that road texture. 1 light, 1 medium and 1 dark. No actually 5 with 2 transitions. So you can give the road a shadow too. Either that or you make it entirely as one texture with lower resolution and have shadow on there.

Awesome work Acaryus

I have to add that in the middle you have one bolder line which will show up a lot when texture gets repeated.

Other then that good work!

TRL wrote : You're going to have to make 3 versions of that road texture. 1 light, 1 medium and 1 dark. No actually 5 with 2 transitions. So you can give the road a shadow too. Either that or you make it entirely as one texture with lower resolution and have shadow on there.

sure TRL it's obvious that I will take this texture as base and use next to make the whole road texture zone..lights and shadows included.. Wink

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 21, 2013

Update Razz the previous one was too big

Again there's that bolder line in middle Smile

well done

You're going to have to make 3 versions of that road texture. 1 light, 1 medium and 1 dark. No actually 5 with 2 transitions. So you can give the road a shadow too. Either that or you make it entirely as one texture with lower resolution and have shadow on there.

Or he just be rational/practical and use a lightmap/shadowmap for the whole ground set. Nothing stopping them from holding color data and Quake 3 can layer shaders just fine.

Zeth wrote :

Or he just be rational/practical and use a lightmap/shadowmap for the whole ground set. Nothing stopping them from holding color data and Quake 3 can layer shaders just fine.

well Zeth is this true too.. but will be not accurate
as we want ,and also this technique have wrong results on the characters ingame will make altered colors,just like all the Bid For Power maps..

well Zeth is this true too.. but will be not accurate
as we want ,and also this technique have wrong results on the characters ingame will make altered colors,just like all the Bid For Power maps..

You are referring to q3map baked lightmaps -- which cast shadows and define lit areas. I'm referring to just using an additional layer for lighting in the same way the Saiyan Duel and Raditz Landing maps handle it.

well we did already for the grass Wink

Reply with quote Friday, March 22, 2013

Quick map I whip up.

This is what I meant by the shadow

ooooooooooooooooooooh now I understand..
well is very easy to do Wink .. just add some of those gray leaf textures on my shadowmap for the trees an the game is done..

well Baldwin do it too for your islandcity map if you are still working on it..

that map have still the older trees from SuperDBZ ..change them also the palm's would be better if you get all from kami palace pine's too..
and the cliff textures from revenge of kingpiccolo looks bad.. I think with all of these changes will look better your map too..

by the way good idea thank you Wink

NELLO!! wrote : ooooooooooooooooooooh now I understand..
well is very easy to do Wink .. just add some of those gray leaf textures on my shadowmap for the trees an the game is done..

Adding the texture to your shadow map will be ultimately limited. You will be unable to modify the texture or animate it by itself, and by being limited to a low res shadow render. You would want to always keep it separated to gain full modification. Always use unique shader/names.

well Baldwin do it too for your islandcity map if you are still working on it..

that map have still the older trees from SuperDBZ ..change them also the palm's would be better if you get all from kami palace pine's too..
and the cliff textures from revenge of kingpiccolo looks bad.. I think with all of these changes will look better your map too..

The project is on hold until further notice.

by the way good idea thank you Wink

No problem.

miguel master 03 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Put this map on ZEQ2 lite F3

gigirs50 Protege View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 10, 2013

The map isn't finished and I don't know if I will include it in the F3...

nangaZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 10, 2013

gigirs50 wrote : The map isn't finished and I don't know if I will include it in the F3...

I think it's going to be cool when it is finished Very Happy

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 11, 2013

good job that's becoming very nice but just a question will you be able to go inside the house?

yes

yes(sorry for double posting, but my pc lags Razz..someone of the moderator should delete this)

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]