Content

1, 2  >>

[Misfit 3D] Basics

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 07, 2011

I've redone this guide, to make it more readable, usable.

It requires Misfit 3D, you have SVN repository installed, and LOTS of paitence, so if you lack any of the skills above well... you're not ready Surprised

First step: Finding the right files

There are plenty of .ms3d files in the SVN repository, some of them have the .ms3d format, but if you want to learn more about this, skip to step SOMETHING.

Now to the beef of this step. In the SVN Build, there is folders, for example, players, scripts, effects, maps and so on. you wanna click players, and select your character of your choosing... For instance, I'll select Goku. He has more than 3 tiers, you wanna select the first. Now you should see a Misfit 3D icon on upper.md3, head.md3 and lower.md3, If you've gone this far, you're ready to edit!

Second Step: Knowing how to use the program

You have to rename each file, upper to uppedit, lower to lowedit and head to hedit. Now click each one.
When it loads up, you'll see this foetus like pose, a bit like 3DS Max, now to start editing animations, you need to hit the Start Animation Mode.

Now you need to run through the slide at the bottom, play around with it for a few minutes until you are ready to get serious.

Third Step: Getting the right pose

Now for a example I'll make Goku put his hands on his hips, you'll need a ref too

It's not exactly the right ref, but it'll suit for the pose. Now on the right frame, the idle stance pose, which is 108 will be our WORKING FRAME. On 107 the arms stretch out so we'll use that as our vertice picker. On the top left at the bottom of FILE, there is a icon, click it. Then, at the bottom of that, click the bar and select "Front". You'll also notice that there is other views you'll use later... Now drag your cursor across the arm until red dots appear on the arm.

It should be looking like this:

Now go on frame 108, our working frame and edit the arm, using rotate tool, and play around with it until it satisfies you, but I usually rotate the arm and unselect half of the arm then rotate the other half of the arm so one of his hands are on his hips, now repeat this with the other arm.
The end result should look like this:

It looks a bit bad in the editor, but ingame there's a different result. The point is to spend time to make it a perfect pose, because if you just make it too quick, the outcome looks horrible.

Where you clicked "Start Animation Mode", There should be a "Copy Animation Frame" button, click it and move to the next frame and click "Paste Animation Frame" keep doing this until you get to the idle fight frames. (117)

Last Step: In-game result

So you've learned how to use Misfit, you've created your pose and now you're ready to test it! You must rename your files again to their original name, and test it out!

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

No offense, but what's the point in doing a guide if you're going to rush it? The purpose of making a guide is to explain how to do something in the best way possible. If you're just going to rush it, then there's really no point in making a guide.

Let's say your right, but it does explain MOST of the basics of Misfit 3D, so people don't keep asking you, "Can you make this and that?"

EDIT: Explained it a bit further

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

I think you should reword it just a bit, particularly when typing in between the pictures. It is hard for me to understand,"That looks good in the engine, no wirelines, that is not a PERFECT POSE, but a WICKED WIRELINE." It looks like "That" looks good in the engine with no wirelines, but isn't a perfect pose, and at the same time a wicked wireline. If you are describing two different things, then you ought to specify, as well as separate the sentence into two different sentences. That was the only paragraph I did not completely understand.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Hogeta, no offense but... if you want to make a tutorial you should learn first...

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

HHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE COME'S THE MASTER ANTY:: Laughing Laughing

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Updated the guide a bit...

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : HHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE COME'S THE MASTER ANTY:: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

You gotta stop licking his Arse man.

And thanks for the Tutorial Raditz.

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Thanks Hogeta! Wink

Laughing

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

qwerty wrote : Thanks Hogeta! Wink

:*laughing out loud*:

release KRILLIN Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

qwerty wrote : Thanks Hogeta! Wink

:*laughing out loud*:

Brilliant. I demand this to be added to the SVN.

RoganX Classy View user's profile Send private message

Tread not in Learning Forum, because?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

RoganX wrote : Tread not in Learning Forum, because?

Who knows!

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

Hey Hogeta I tried to copy one animation frame but when I paste it,the other animation frame(109)it dosen't change......Can you explain this.... Laughing

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ivanhoeGT wrote : Hey Hogeta I tried to copy one animation frame but when I paste it,the other animation frame(109)it dosen't change......Can you explain this.... :*laughing out loud*:

Ehh? Can you expand this a little bit?

Soon I'll be making a tutorial of how to make DUO ATTACKS! YAY!

What I meant was,you said there is a copy animation frame on where I can find start animation mode right....

I press start animation mode and go to no.108.I made the animation and copy the animation as you said....
When I press paste animation,nothing happens....

Can you explain this and make the tutorial video faster.... Wink

ivanhoeGT wrote : What I meant was,you said there is a copy animation frame on where I can find start animation mode right....

I press start animation mode and go to no.108.I made the animation and copy the animation as you said....

Maybe reinstall the program?

Maybe when you reinstall yours,you can but mine can't....Can you upload your Misfit 3D on this forum so I can download it..... Very Happy

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Oh, and a quick side-tutorial. The circled objects are the tags: aura, weapon, upper, head and lower etc. Be careful not to move or rotate these too much, because these determine how well the character parts are put together.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

ivanhoeGT wrote : What I meant was,you said there is a copy animation frame on where I can find start animation mode right....

you don't need reinstall nothing... Misfit Model 3D somethmes don't copy anything because do you liked or not Misfit Model 3D sometimes don't support the .md3, one example if you open one character with 560 frames or more you will not able to see a couple of frames, you will see the frame no. 1, 2, 3 but not the number 4 and is the same all the time... you can work with bones to but... if you make an animations with 510 frames and you want to change it to frames (ZEQ2-lite just support frames) all the 510 frames will turn in 99 frames, and obviously the character will have a very bad animation... Misfit Model 3D is kind of useless sometimes, of course is a great program but you can't do to much stuff, I'm not saying you should delete that program, I'm just saying you should have to 3ds max... if you combine that two programs you will be able to do great stuff and not just edit the head or stuff like that...

I like editing than making.... Very Happy But can I delete animation frame so it become less then before?

Reply with quote Thursday, October 27, 2011

AnTy wrote :

you don't need reinstall nothing... Misfit Model 3D somethmes don't copy anything because do you liked or not Misfit Model 3D sometimes don't support the .md3, one example if you open one character with 560 frames or more you will not able to see a couple of frames, you will see the frame no. 1, 2, 3 but not the number 4 and is the same all the time... you can work with bones to but... if you make an animations with 510 frames and you want to change it to frames (ZEQ2-lite just support frames) all the 510 frames will turn in 99 frames, and obviously the character will have a very bad animation... Misfit Model 3D is kind of useless sometimes, of course is a great program but you can't do to much stuff, I'm not saying you should delete that program, I'm just saying you should have to 3ds max... if you combine that two programs you will be able to do great stuff and not just edit the head or stuff like that...

I think I might just try 3DS Max...

Reply with quote Thursday, October 27, 2011

3DS Max (year what) (version what)

vegeta103 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hogeta wrote : [you]I've redone this guide, to make it more readable, usable.[/you]

It requires Misfit 3D, you have SVN repository installed, and LOTS of paitence, so if you lack any of the skills above well... you're not ready Surprised

First step: Finding the right files

There are plenty of .ms3d files in the SVN repository, some of them have the .ms3d format, but if you want to learn more about this, skip to step SOMETHING.

Now to the beef of this step. In the SVN Build, there is folders, for example, players, scripts, effects, maps and so on. you wanna click players, and select your character of your choosing... For instance, I'll select Goku. He has more than 3 tiers, you wanna select the first. Now you should see a Misfit 3D icon on upper.md3, head.md3 and lower.md3, If you've gone this far, you're ready to edit!

Second Step: Knowing how to use the program

You have to rename each file, upper to uppedit, lower to lowedit and head to hedit. Now click each one.
When it loads up, you'll see this foetus like pose, a bit like 3DS Max, now to start editing animations, you need to hit the Start Animation Mode.

Now you need to run through the slide at the bottom, play around with it for a few minutes until you are ready to get serious.

Third Step: Getting the right pose

Now for a example I'll make Goku put his hands on his hips, you'll need a ref too

It's not exactly the right ref, but it'll suit for the pose. Now on the right frame, the idle stance pose, which is 108 will be our WORKING FRAME. On 107 the arms stretch out so we'll use that as our vertice picker. On the top left at the bottom of FILE, there is a icon, click it. Then, at the bottom of that, click the bar and select "Front". You'll also notice that there is other views you'll use later... Now drag your cursor across the arm until red dots appear on the arm.

It should be looking like this:

Now go on frame 108, our working frame and edit the arm, using rotate tool, and play around with it until it satisfies you, but I usually rotate the arm and unselect half of the arm then rotate the other half of the arm so one of his hands are on his hips, now repeat this with the other arm.
The end result should look like this:

It looks a bit bad in the editor, but ingame there's a different result. The point is to spend time to make it a perfect pose, because if you just make it too quick, the outcome looks horrible.

Where you clicked "Start Animation Mode", There should be a "Copy Animation Frame" button, click it and move to the next frame and click "Paste Animation Frame" keep doing this until you get to the idle fight frames. (117)

Last Step: In-game result

So you've learned how to use Misfit, you've created your pose and now you're ready to test it! You must rename your files again to their original name, and test it out!

thanks

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Hey Hogeta,can I make map using Misfits 3D? Cause,I don't know how to use sketchup.....

If you know how to use SketchUp pro,please make the tutorial...Okay..

Thanks.... Very Happy

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]