Content

1, 2  >>

HUD and Water Bug

KleptoDaGod View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I've been playing ZEQ2-Lite for about 2 months now, more or less problem-free. Last night I decided to download some addons for the first time, which seemed to be going fine when I downloaded and added the Cell Games and World Tournament maps. My last 2 downloads were the Vegito fix (which I ended up not adding because it was just a fix for his clothes and not the actual character model) and Kami's Lookout.

Ever since those last 2 downloads, for some odd reason my HUD is now black, meaning I can no longer tell the difference between fatigue and damage, and I can no longer see under water. For example, when I'm on the Namek map I can see the land and water just fine, but when I go under water the whole screen goes white until I fly back up into the air.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? My apologies in advance if there's already an explanation for this problem on the forums that I may have missed or simply didn't look for; I'm new to this community.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Can you upload some screens of your problem? I have not seen this come up before. However, is it possible you have the latest revision instead of the current stable one?

Also, it could have something to do with your video quality settings or maybe a driver issue. Confused

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Maybe he changed some thinga and F****d up the game Razz

Richma wrote : Maybe he changed some thinga and F****d up the game Razz

It could also have something to do with textures. But why would anyone get rid of the HUD? Or edit it, unless they know what they are doing?

he get ride of what part from the HUD?

Richma wrote : he get ride of what part from the HUD?

Anything from ZEQ2/interface/hud/ folder. Rolling Eyes

hmm maybe he deleted in script folder: interfaceHUD

Richma wrote : hmm maybe he deleted in script folder: interfaceHUD

Well, we'll see when he uploads those pictures... Confused

KleptoDaGod wrote : I've been playing ZEQ2-Lite for about 2 months now, more or less problem-free. Last night I decided to download some addons for the first time, which seemed to be going fine when I downloaded and added the Cell Games and World Tournament maps. My last 2 downloads were the Vegito fix (which I ended up not adding because it was just a fix for his clothes and not the actual character model) and Kami's Lookout.

By the way, which Kami's Lookout did you download? Hoodjuro's? And what is the version you had when this occurred?

yeah if its gray then I think he deleted interfaceHUD it's not a big deal to get it, just extract it from his game pack in winrar then he goes to scripts find interfaceHUD and extract it into his game on destkop into scripts and that's all Smile

How do I take in-game screenshots? I'm used to Print Scrn but that doesn't seem to work on ZEQ2-Lite. And no, I have the stable version, I don't use the SVN.

Also, I haven't deleted any files from anywhere. All I've done was add the 3 maps I mentioned by placing the PK3 files into the ZEQ2 folder which worked fine with the first 2 maps. It wasn't until I added Kami's Lookout that my HUD and water bugged out.

you don't add maps into HUD folder dude *intense laughter* ahahahahahahahah

KleptoDaGod wrote : How do I take in-game screenshots? I'm used to Print Scrn but that doesn't seem to work on ZEQ2-Lite. And no, I have the stable version, I don't use the SVN.

Also, I haven't deleted any files from anywhere. All I've done was add the 3 maps I mentioned by placing the PK3 files into the ZEQ2 folder which worked fine with the first 2 maps. It wasn't until I added Kami's Lookout that my HUD and water bugged out.

Print screen is the right key. Did you look at the ZEQ2 folder? Once you press the button, there should automatically a folder named screenshots created. It is found in the ZEQ2 folder. Also, did you have to overwrite any files at all?

Richma wrote : you don't add maps into HUD folder dude *intense laughter* ahahahahahahahah

He never said he put it in HUD folder...

he put some files from kami into HUD ahahahhaah *intense laughter*

Richma wrote : he put some files from kami into HUD ahahahhaah *intense laughter*

I feel sleepy maybe I better go to sleep *intense laughter* see you guys tomorrow hahahah

Richma wrote : you don't add maps into HUD folder dude *intense laughter* ahahahahahahahah

When did I say anything about placing maps into the HUD folder? And even if I placed the maps into the HUD folder (which I didn't), that wouldn't delete the HUD interface...

Linkxp500 wrote :

KleptoDaGod wrote : How do I take in-game screenshots? I'm used to Print Scrn but that doesn't seem to work on ZEQ2-Lite. And no, I have the stable version, I don't use the SVN.

Print screen is the right key. Did you look at the ZEQ2 folder? Once you press the button, there should automatically a folder named screenshots created. It is found in the ZEQ2 folder. Also, did you have to overwrite any files at all?

He never said he put it in HUD folder...

Oh I didn't check for a screenshot folder. I'll check in a minute. And when I added the maps, I wasn't asked to replace anything. Each map just came with the PK3 files, nothing else so there was nothing to replace or delete, which is why I find it so odd that this bug just randomly appeared.

As for the Kami's Lookout map, no it wasn't Hoodjuro's. It was actually the old vintage Kami's Lookout map that someone posted in the same forum. I was browsing the Addon forum last night for some new maps and came across the old Kami's Lookout. I actually downloaded 4 maps in total. The Cell Games map from the tournament you guys had in I think February, the vintage World Tournament map, Kame House (KameHB1), and the last being that Kami's Lookout map.

Edit:

Well, I haven't used all of those maps, and it might have to do with shaders that contain scripts with the same name. I don't really have a clue without those screenshots. It could very well be something to do with your video settings.

EDIT: About the screenie, I have never seen it look like that... Did you ever change it in any way, or open it, click it? Is it possible that it is because of the server you are on?

Well the screenshot I just posted shows my HUD is now black instead of Blue/Orange/Red, so I can never really tell if I'm damaged or fatigued. I'd take a screenshot of the water bug but all you'll see is a completely white screen.

Edit: It's not the server because it's now like this on any server I log in to. Even when I host my own LAN server on any map, my HUD is all black.

As for changing it, nope. I never mess with any of the files. The most I did was add the PK3 file of each map into the ZEQ2 folder and I edited the maps.arena file and added screenshots of the maps so that they would show up in-game and I wouldn't have to open the console each time to get to them. This wasn't a problem with the first 3 maps I downloaded. It occured specifically after I added Kami's Lookout.

KleptoDaGod wrote : Well the screenshot I just posted shows my HUD is now black instead of Blue/Orange/Red, so I can never really tell if I'm damaged or fatigued. I'd take a screenshot of the water bug but all you'll see is a completely white screen.

Did you ever edit the texture of the HUD? Open it? Either way, you should reinstall the current revision. That might actually fix the problem... Rolling Eyes

okay well I'll download ZEQ2-Lite again and see if it helps anything. Then I'll post back. Do you have any other suggestions if this doesn't work?

Honestly, I am just guessing... I have no clue how this game works. But I am sure if you redownload, it'll work like it did before. Sometimes people, like myself, do accidentally delete files without knowing what they did.

I'm usually pretty cautious when it comes to any files on my computer I don't want to risk losing. But then I suppose anything is possible. At any rate thanks for the help whether it works or not.

If it ends up not working, then you might have to delete the folder altogether then start with the base again...

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

If you downloaded with TortoiseSVN then there is pretty easy fix

Delete those files that you downloaded (those 2 addons) from ZEQ2-Lite directory. Then go to root folder and press right click-TortoiseSVN-Clean up

Then right click again - SVN Update

Its fixed...

Well redownloading did absolutely nothing but I deleted Kami's Lookout and everything went back to normal. So I'm now both relieved the bug is fixed but disappointed 'cause I really liked that map. =\

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]