1, 2  >>

New Loading Screen

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, the command "\cg_draw3Dicons" looks cool, never tried it

Zay View user's profile Send private message

pretty cool if there are more will they go to the side?

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

wooooooooooooooow how you make this ???? I like because is a news...good news... Smile

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : wooooooooooooooow how you make this ???? I like because is a news...good news... Smile

He didn't make this - its from development

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

A lot better than the previous loading screen

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Not presently, but it can be set up to do so. I'd need to have a server with enough people in it to test.

Previous loading screen was just default Quake 3.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 15, 2011

very nice !

started with VISUAL STUDIO (NIELS:/) yesterday with the Quake 3 Source, I will get the ZEQ2 Lite Source by tonight to try out some things Very Happy

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Quake 3 source is in C not C++.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

-_-'

must you really break my spirit Sad

Wink Rolling Eyes

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Not presently, but it can be set up to do so. I'd need to have a server with enough people in it to test.

Previous loading screen was just default Quake 3.

There are almost around 20 players playing on Stealth's server. You could test it on that one, it doesn't matter if Stealth is on 1536 or not.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Regardless, you can use Visual Studio or Visual Express in order to work with the source code and compile it. Visual C++ Express 2005/2008 RTM/SP1 have both C and C++ compiler. Visual Studio is on the same boat.

EqR View user's profile Send private message

I'm liking the updates, of course. I have a question for the team though:

Why are you guys so bent upon improving menu, loading screens, HUD (2D art) and adding things like far-clipping, fogs and creating/adding new maps, etc? Shouldn't you prioritize gameplay first and candy & quantity later?

Does this mean you guys plan on improving the mêlée/beams or are you just "finalizing" ZEQ2-Lite?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Why are you guys so bent upon improving menu, loading screens, HUD (2D art) and adding things like far-clipping, fogs and creating/adding new maps, etc? Shouldn't you prioritize gameplay first and candy & quantity later?

Multitude of reasons.

[1] Many of these systems are incredibly archaic and have never been updated beyond their Quake 3 rendition. If they only take an hour or two to fix up and offer a reprise from that of otherwise mundane alternatives, I don't see any problems in doing so.

[2] Performance is important. Rendering options like farclipping and mipmapping adjustments are there to help increase framerates on lower-end systems while still retaining quality. Additionally, they allow addon-creators to fine-tune their creations so their results look and perform optimally.

[3] Different developers specialize in different areas. We can't very well expect to grab a handful of experienced mappers and tell them to tackle programmatic bugs or animations. Contributors (like yourself) tend to have specialized traits that limits what they can offer. If they are willing to work and are available, but can only offer assistance in particular areas, I see absolutely no reason to have them just sit idle and wait around just because that area may not be a priority.

Does this mean you guys plan on improving the mêlée/beams or are you just "finalizing" ZEQ2-Lite?

Many of the gameplay-aspect revisions like mêlée and so forth require extensive animation work to be done. Since majority of the systems in place were just intended as placeholders anyhow, there's little point in attempting to rewrite the code when no applicable animations/media exist to support the areas that need to be revised properly.

A recent revision (1629 -- I believe) did have a plethora of tweaks and changes on a mechanical level, however.

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 16, 2011

Tell me now what your thoughts are on this... *laughing out loud* I stumbled upon it while playing the latest revision. D: I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this...

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote : Tell me now what your thoughts are on this... *laughing out loud* I stumbled upon it while playing the latest revision. D: I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this...

You're probably not. Everybody can see the content on latest revision, so you're not revealing anything Wink

Still, I think the whole Frieza character should be discarded, it really isn't balanced.

Malek wrote :

Djosama wrote : Tell me now what your thoughts are on this... *laughing out loud* I stumbled upon it while playing the latest revision. D: I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this...

You're probably not. Everybody can see the content on latest revision, so you're not revealing anything Wink

Still, I think the whole Frieza character should be discarded, it really isn't balanced.

Nothing is balanced right now. Not one single thing :p

heck you can't even engage in mêlée anymore :p
just wait and see the masterplan slowly unfold!
Very Happy

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote :

Malek wrote :

Very Happy

Masterplan ? Intersting Surprised

SAMCROSS wrote :

Domitjen wrote :

Malek wrote :

Very Happy

Masterplan ? Intersting Surprised

Vegeta! WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE HYPE LEVEL?!

It's 1006, Kick his buttocks Nappa.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Hype is not a measurement of strength domitjen. Rolling Eyes

Domitjen wrote : It's 1006, Kick his buttocks Nappa.

Are you sure you don't have the scouter upside down?

When did I say that? I just replied abridged quote, and I never said there was a hype:p

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote : When did I say that? I just replied abridged quote, and I never said there was a hype:p

Leave it to TRL to ruin the joke... Rolling Eyes

EqR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 17, 2011

Zeth wrote :

Multitude of reasons.

[1] Many of these systems are incredibly archaic and have never been updated beyond their Quake 3 rendition. If they only take an hour or two to fix up and offer a reprise from that of otherwise mundane alternatives, I don't see any problems in doing so.

[2] Performance is important. Rendering options like farclipping and mipmapping adjustments are there to help increase framerates on lower-end systems while still retaining quality. Additionally, they allow addon-creators to fine-tune their creations so their results look and perform optimally.

[3] Different developers specialize in different areas. We can't very well expect to grab a handful of experienced mappers and tell them to tackle programmatic bugs or animations. Contributors (like yourself) tend to have specialized traits that limits what they can offer. If they are willing to work and are available, but can only offer assistance in particular areas, I see absolutely no reason to have them just sit idle and wait around just because that area may not be a priority.

Many of the gameplay-aspect revisions like mêlée and so forth require extensive animation work to be done. Since majority of the systems in place were just intended as placeholders anyhow, there's little point in attempting to rewrite the code when no applicable animations/media exist to support the areas that need to be revised properly.

A recent revision (1629 -- I believe) did have a plethora of tweaks and changes on a mechanical level, however.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the fast reply.

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 17, 2011

Domitjen wrote : It's 1006, Kick his buttocks Nappa.

Hahaha Laughing

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]