Content

[WIP] Ginyu Character

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, October 23, 2011

As I'm the worst secret keeper ever, this is my (secret!) character project, Ginyu!

The head model is entirely from scratch, which makes it my first legit character head model EVER ! Very Happy (the first being a box and the second a teapot)

It might look better with textures, but this is wip eventually.
I'd love feedback/comments/suggestions, pretty please .

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

You using this?

Not quite.

These: (and 10 more I didn't bother to post)

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

LegendarySS4 wrote : You using this?

That's for me.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Zielan wrote :

That's for me.

You guys are BOTH working on a Ginyu? Or are you working together?

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Domo-Kun wrote :

Zielan wrote :

That's for me.

You guys are BOTH working on a Ginyu? Or are you working together?

We were both assigned by TRL to try and model our Ginyu heads, but Malek was making a Ginyu beforehand and with knowledge from TRL he's aiming to create a full Ginyu.
I just have a head for TRL.

Up! The model looks better now, I may texture it soon Razz

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Malek wrote : Up! The model looks better now, I may texture it soon Razz

good work, is good to see will be one useful Ginyu in ZEQ2-lite, good luck with that...

Reply with quote Monday, October 24, 2011

Keep it up Malek Razz

TRL View user's profile Send private message

It's looking nice malek.

Glad to see my tutorials are having some effect. Although your assignment was Burter remember!

Thanks! Here the (untextured) full-set :
EDIT: TRL, look at Zielan's last post Razz This isn't my "homework" (although I better do it too or I'll be out of the class *laughing out loud* )

gigirs50 Protege View user's profile Send private message

very good malek.....but put this in addon thread Wink

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Good job Malek, but I see some things that need to be changed a bit.
1) Scouter. As you can see in that picture, the upper side is a straight line, where yours isn't. The part around the ear needs to be a bit edited.
2) The muscles need to be seen a bit more (biceps, triceps, etc..)
3) The shoulder pads need to be a bit curved. Not straight like that.
Try to fix those, but since I don't have a real eye for spotting differences, you should wait on TRL or Brad to tell you the exact things you need to change. Good work anyway. Wink

Mima wrote : Good job Malek, but I see some things that need to be changed a bit.
1) Scouter. As you can see in that picture, the upper side is a straight line, where yours isn't. The part around the ear needs to be a bit edited.
2) The muscles need to be seen a bit more (biceps, triceps, etc..)
3) The shoulder pads need to be a bit curved. Not straight like that.
Try to fix those, but since I don't have a real eye for spotting differences, you should wait on TRL or Brad to tell you the exact things you need to change. Good work anyway. Wink

Haha thanks Very Happy
The muscles look like poo right now, I'll change that, and I didn't really edit the scouter (Psst..Raditz' Scouter *intense laughter* )
And I am fixing the shoulder pads as we speak Smile

What other parts from Raditz did you use. Just to be clear on what you modeled..

TRL wrote : What other parts from Raditz did you use. Just to be clear on what you modeled..

I've modelled the head only *intense laughter* How could I model something you didn't teach me how to yet ? Razz
It's all thanks to you after all.

I've heavily edited Raditz's armor, took his scouter, then I get Ginyu ! Tadaa ! Very Happy

Admit it's a pretty cool combination ^_^

Xatoku ... View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm liking your Ginyu model, MalekZ. I've never really noticed how slightly anorexic his face is until those reference pictures though, *intense laughter*.

Anyway, make sure that he has a firm booty for that bend over pose, hehe. Good luck! I will be following this ^_^.

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Xatoku wrote : I'm liking your model, MalekZ. 've never really noticed how slightly anorexic his face is until those reference pictures though, .

Anyway, make sure that he has a firm booty for that bend over pose, hehe. Good luck! will be following this ^_^

Denz wrote : But its always good to know how to model the whole thing, and even , has quality material it isn't as perfect, so if you still continue to support re-using your outdated material eventually everyone will make mistakes that the original creator has made at that time.

It's like painting a copy painting, you copy mistakes from the artists, even if you know right.

And know that no one yet in this community has reached the quality of , but you should also support "from scratch" kind of improving.

Nice job Malek, suggest you learn how to model a complete character and then re-use your parts and make them as accurate for your later models. That way your skill level will rise and you get attacked by guys like TRL

And all the other supportive comments

Thanks guys! It's awesome to have such positive and motivating comments from you! Very Happy

I'm totally making sure that the model is in the most accurate shape possible before texturing/rigging it (That I'll have to learn/improvise Razz )

Reply with quote Monday, November 07, 2011

Sorry for the double post, it is meant to revive the thread so it brings people's attention (Because editing my last post wouldn't change anything)

Something has been bugging me about the head model since my last screenshots, as you may have noticed, the head proportions aren't that accurate to the anime, let's say it's closer to the manga than the anime (Eyes too wide, head way too big, thick horns..) I think it's because I mostly followed TRL's head manga reference (that I couldn't find :S )
Now, I'm having trouble deciding what style should I apply to, manga or anime ... or in the middle ?

Anime:

Manga: (Sorry for bad quality)

So, can you guys help me decide ? It's up to you..

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Use the anime as a reference and not the manga if it's for ZEQ2-lite. Also, your post demonstrates an example of why you should always attach images and not link them.

Plus do what like Mima does attach them, and use HD remastered videos Wink

The problem with the anime is that there is so much inconsistency, every screenshot you posted has a different looking Ginyu. Also the best looking versions tend to resemble toriyama's work the most. There were talented and less talented head animators, the best being the guy who originally designed Bardock and his team.

Ultimately the manga served as the template for all of the anime. It would be moronic no to shoot for the same kind of consistency.

Xatoku ... View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : The problem with the anime is that there is so much inconsistency, every screenshot you posted has a different looking Ginyu. Also the best looking versions tend to resemble toriyama's work the most. There were talented and less talented head animators, the best being the guy who originally designed Bardock and his team.

Ultimately the manga served as the template for all of the anime. It would be moronic no to shoot for the same kind of consistency.

So if it's picture perfect for one reference, but off in certain areas in another, where is the line drawn between all of them?

You mean in these specific examples?

I personally always try to pick the ones that are closest to my manga references. They tend to be the most detailed and well done ones anyway.
So in away if you're following the anime, it's more a case of personal preference than it is of going for consistency.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]