Content

No to Hamachi

SanguinesMoon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 16, 2009

Really, Guys, There is something better then Hamachi, it is called port forwarding.

All you need to do is port forward IOQuake(Quake 3) engine, and this guide might be useful to you.

It also fixes the issue with Hamachi server full when people might not even be playing, which server slots might not be used.

Nearly all known routers to be setted.

LINK

Also add them ports to firewall if any firewall is used.

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Thank lloyd SanguinesMoon. Finally someone with a clue!

madman122 View user's profile Send private message

I knew that I have my ports opend to the game now and to all my steam games *intense laughter*

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Believe it or not, people have managed to play games before VPN and matchmaking services. Security software, routers, proxies, and other silly layers of protection have since made the simple process of knocking on someone's internet door require everything from a birth certificate to passing through their heavily guarded hedge maze -- figuratively speaking, of course.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I don't even know what Hamachi is... so yeah, no to Hamachi!!

SanguinesMoon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hamachi is a program that pretends local area network games, (ea 4 pc's in the same household where ping would be 0, however Hamachi just pretends, but pings aren't 0 due to the distance)

Its a discomforting program that is mostly used to play games when they did not buy them legally with games such as battlefield, battlefront, Unreal Tournament 3 and other games where a legit cd key is required for online play.

ZEQ2 does not need nor support Hamachi, as lan servers aren't displayed.

Could this topic be sticky'd out.

People should really add their server with their own IP, and not Hamachi IP and room as this is a free game.

Soul_Huey View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 21, 2009

okay.... well I like Hamachi so yes to Hamachi is an opinion not a fact if you don't like Hamachi then don't use it instead of typing lacking in identifiable function stuff like 2 paragraphs long for a topic

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 21, 2009

You are plenty free to use Hamachi (or any other VPN service). I believe the overall point was that it's not required or necessary in MAJORITY of cases.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]