Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Earth Special Forces release Schedule

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 09, 2012

Najeeb there isn't a B option.. Razz
And I think that people who do know a bit about the past would choose Option 1. But since there are MUCH MORE kids who are just waiting for it to play, they will all choose option 2. Smile

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 09, 2012

Grega wrote :

andres1 wrote : Launching a beta will help them in the developing because off all the bug reporting.

yeah especially since that worked so well in the past.

Actually, it kind of did. Putting all the hugging mister Fuzzles aside, there was quite a bit of bug reports when the open beta was released.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mima wrote : Najeeb there isn't a B option.. Razz
And I think that people who do know a bit about the past would choose Option 1. But since there are MUCH MORE kids who are just waiting for it to play, they will all choose option 2. Smile

option B is seperate releases

Nope, that's option 2. Smile

Mima wrote : Nope, that's option 2. Smile

same thing....B=2

edit-was that conversation necessary........

B is not the same as 2. Razz And nope, not necessary. Smile

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

Mima wrote : B is not the same as 2. Razz And nope, not necessary. Smile

Yes afcource B is an alphabet and 2 is a number but it doesn't make any change so Realdeal is right so B=2.

There was no option B. Smile If B=2 you could be called AlishanBB, no?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Opening up development of a project (to any degree) CAN work. It just depends on your approach. If you provide the tools and information necessary and constantly encourage your community to push the project, progress WILL happen.

Look at ZEQ2-lite in terms as a poor lowest common denominator. Even though the community is 90% non-English-speaking, pre-teen, rabid Dragon Ball Z fanatics, a few contributors and addon creators have managed to blossom and raise up to par in terms of commitment, tenacity, and quality. Given an "elitist" community like Earth Special Forces with actual individuals with artistic backgrounds who have beyond a modicum of maturity, there's no reason a similar or superior result would not work if presented and cultivated correctly.

That aside, I do hope you aren't letting the decision ride exclusively on the polls. Not only will the common Dragon Ball Z passerby refuse to consider all the facts, history, and consequences, such polls are easily tampered with. Getting an idea where your community (may or may not) stand is one thing, but in the end, your decisions should be concreted by the best course of action for the project's goals, well-being, and growth -- despite how you or the majority may personally feel.

Mima wrote : There was no option B. Smile If B=2 you could be called AlishanBB, no?

True fact.

VLadD View user's profile Send private message

In the Earth Special Forces I only want to try flying mod and all Very Happy

VLadD wrote : In the Earth Special Forces I only want to try flying mod and all Very Happy

Yes it will be fun cause they have used very good animations and they are very smooth.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Just want Tenshinhan.

Z-Awesome View user's profile Send private message

so when is it going to b released because when I go to its website it still shows the same thing from march

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Z-Awesome wrote : so when is it going to b released because when I go to its website it still shows the same thing from march

When it's done.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Mima wrote : There was no option B. Smile If B=2 you could be called AlishanBB, no?

its very common that a person would refer option 2 as B

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote :

Ignore him, he's just being literal. *intense laughter*

I know, because I would've done the same. Razz

Linkxp500 wrote :

najeeb wrote :

*laughing out loud* Laughing Laughing I can't ignore mima, he is my favorite mod.

Mainly because I have maximum ban0 warnings from him Laughing Laughing

stop stalking me I am a good boy Laughing Laughing Laughing

RealDeal wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote :

najeeb wrote :

*laughing out loud* :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: I can't ignore mima, he is my favorite mod.

Mainly because I have maximum ban0 warnings from him :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

stop stalking me I am a good boy :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

*laughing out loud*

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Opening up development of a project (to any degree) CAN work. It just depends on your approach. If you provide the tools and information necessary and constantly encourage your community to push the project, progress WILL happen.

Look at ZEQ2-lite in terms as a poor lowest common denominator. Even though the community is 90% non-English-speaking, pre-teen, rabid Dragon Ball Z fanatics, a few contributors and addon creators have managed to blossom and raise up to par in terms of commitment, tenacity, and quality. Given an "elitist" community like Earth Special Forces with actual individuals with artistic backgrounds who have beyond a modicum of maturity, there's no reason a similar or superior result would not work if presented and cultivated correctly.

That aside, I do hope you aren't letting the decision ride exclusively on the polls. Not only will the common Dragon Ball Z passerby refuse to consider all the facts, history, and consequences, such polls are easily tampered with. Getting an idea where your community (may or may not) stand is one thing, but in the end, your decisions should be concreted by the best course of action for the project's goals, well-being, and growth -- despite how you or the majority may personally feel.

I'm not saying it was all bad. There were about 5 people who continued to report bugs they found. And once it was decided that the open beta is heading nowhere but "villa de complaints" those people were all offered the beta tester position.

And we had complete changelogs with every release, we made sure the releases were as stable as possible. So they wernt exact copies of the inteam. We made sure never to release debug builds for FPS sake and so on and so forth.

In the end it was more trouble than it was worth.

As for the poll thing. it's just a gathering of opinion from the community. It won't really change our plans, because our plans kind of incorporate all outcomes of the poll.

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Guys listen to me. There are 2 ways: release the full mod and see the game die. Or release a SVN version like ZEQ2-Lite. Zeth has understand these things.

MOD=Community

The Earth Special Forces community is only hype I think.
And the hype kill the mod when it comes out.
Remember what I said.
(Sorry for my bad English)

qwerty wrote : Guys listen to me. There are 2 ways: release the full mod and see the game die. Or release a SVN version like ZEQ2-Lite. Zeth has understand these things.

MOD=Community

The Earth Special Forces community is only hype I think.
And the hype kill the mod when it comes out.
Remember what I said.
(Sorry for my bad English)

I agree on svn!

Stop comparing Earth Special Forces and ZEQ2. They are 2 totally different things.

Just because SVN works for a sandbox doesn't mean it will work for a game.

The Open Beta was proof of that.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Grega, he's got a point.

If one were to release the full version of any game, and little to no updates afterward, the game will eventually die out in popularity. Every game that is considered the final product has its limits to the amount of content is found interesting, and constantly diminishes with repetition.

That's something you CAN compare ZEQ2-Lite and Earth Special Forces.

ZEQ2-Lite never satisfies the players because they always want new addon packs and updates. This is understandable. No one wants a stale "game" (from their perspective), everyone likes new things added to their game.

Mods for games like Skyrim also are in constant high demand. The mods never cease, and people always ask for more than what is provided.

Linkxp500 wrote : Grega, he's got a point.

If one were to release the full version of any game, and little to no updates afterward, the game will eventually die out in popularity.

Counter Strike >.>

No updates since what 2003 and more played than the "update" CS:S which died off.

Besides just what do you believe an SVN version would let the community do?

Or do you believe we will continue working on Earth Special Forces after the final until we pretty much fall dead in to our graves?

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]