Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Earth Special Forces release Schedule

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Grega wrote : No updates since what 2003 and more played than the "update" CS:S which died off.

I will go a little offtopic here but CSS is far from dead. But yeah, CS is still the most played.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote : Grega, he's got a point.

If one were to release the full version of any game, and little to no updates afterward, the game will eventually die out in popularity.

Counter Strike >.>

No updates since what 2003 and more played than the "update" CS:S which died off.

Besides just what do you believe an SVN version would let the community do?

Or do you believe we will continue working on Earth Special Forces after the final until we pretty much fall dead in to our graves?

The SVN version would let them see progress, learn how to best modify it, and suggest changes based on their limited knowledge of development. You don't have to be a developer to have the desire to learn how a game functions. I've yet to develop a single computer program and I've lots of interest in the various techniques in coding to achieve a desired effect.

It's best to give the community a taste of what they've been waiting for. That way, you can know what they would prefer, new ideas would develop (some good, some absolutely deadly to logic), and overall, you prolong the life of the project, allowing it to attract more players, and possibly more ambitious developers.

Now, isn't this what you wanted with Earth Special Forces? To make a game that is enjoyable for the sake of appreciation? Or is it more about glory and self-importance because you created a game that is as developed as Earth Special Forces?

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Linkxp500 wrote :
The SVN version would let them see progress, learn how to best modify it, and suggest changes based on their limited knowledge of development. You don't have to be a developer to have the desire to learn how a game functions. I've yet to develop a single computer program and I've lots of interest in the various techniques in coding to achieve a desired effect.

It's best to give the community a taste of what they've been waiting for. That way, you can know what they would prefer, new ideas would develop (some good, some absolutely deadly to logic), and overall, you prolong the life of the project, allowing it to attract more players, and possibly more ambitious developers.

Now, isn't this what you wanted with Earth Special Forces? To make a game that is enjoyable for the sake of appreciation? Or is it more about glory and self-importance because you created a game that is as developed as Earth Special Forces?

I agree!

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Grega is saying that the Open Beta was proof (Naruto: Naiteki Kensei as well) that it didn't work our the way it was supposed to.
Earth Special Forces does things their way, ZEQ2lite another way, CS some 3rd way...
And Earth Special Forces is, opposite of ZEQ2lite, a game which HAS a team of developers. ZEQ2lite doesn't. So even if they released something, it probably would be a simple build not suited for modifications at least from the community itself.

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Linkxp500 wrote : Now, isn't this what you wanted with Earth Special Forces? To make a game that is enjoyable for the sake of appreciation? Or is it more about glory and self-importance because you created a game that is as developed as Earth Special Forces?

Since Mima pretty much stated my position ill only answer that part.

Neither really. Earth Special Forces is a learning experience. To learn something from it, and to share that with the people. No appreciation or self-importance. The point is to learn something. And Earth Special Forces Final is just that. The end of it. The last version before the Earth Special Forces team goes their separate ways.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote : Now, isn't this what you wanted with Earth Special Forces? To make a game that is enjoyable for the sake of appreciation? Or is it more about glory and self-importance because you created a game that is as developed as Earth Special Forces?

Since Mima pretty much stated my position ill only answer that part.

Neither really. Earth Special Forces is a learning experience. To learn something from it, and to share that with the people. No appreciation or self-importance. The point is to learn something. And Earth Special Forces Final is just that. The end of it. The last version before the Earth Special Forces team goes their separate ways.

I changed my mind ,don't ever release it. in that way the Earth Special Forces community won't go their separate ways Rolling Eyes

RealDeal wrote : I changed my mind ,don't ever release it. in that way the Earth Special Forces community won't go their separate ways Rolling Eyes

I said team, not community ^^

There is a difference.

Grega wrote :

RealDeal wrote : I changed my mind ,don't ever release it. in that way the Earth Special Forces community won't go their separate ways Rolling Eyes

There is a difference.

oh yeah team,my mistake Laughing Laughing

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote :

Grega wrote :

There is a difference.

oh yeah team,my mistake :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

*laughing out loud*

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

Linkxp500 wrote : Grega, he's got a point.

If one were to release the full version of any game, and little to no updates afterward, the game will eventually die out in popularity. Every game that is considered the final product has its limits to the amount of content is found interesting, and constantly diminishes with repetition.

That's something you CAN compare ZEQ2-Lite and Earth Special Forces.

ZEQ2-Lite never satisfies the players because they always want new addon packs and updates. This is understandable. No one wants a stale "game" (from their perspective), everyone likes new things added to their game.

Mods for games like Skyrim also are in constant high demand. The mods never cease, and people always ask for more than what is provided.

Very very good point.

Really does the name Earth Special Forces:Final really not strike any of you as a final product?

Do you really believe that the team will continue to work on Earth Special Forces after the full release?

If yes, then you are delusional.

The community still has AMXX to mess with Earth Special Forces as far as code goes. that's the same as they had up till now. And only 1 team was ever successful in actually finishing an addon. And those coders are part of the current Earth Special Forces dev team.

Grega wrote : Really does the name Earth Special Forces:Final really not strike any of you as a final product?

Do you really believe that the team will continue to work on Earth Special Forces after the full release?

The community still has AMXX to mess with Earth Special Forces as far as code goes. that's the same as they had up till now. And only 1 team was ever successful in actually finishing an addon. And those coders are part of the current Earth Special Forces dev team.

but I wanted to see a sequel to Earth Special Forces final too Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

RealDeal wrote :

Grega wrote : Really does the name Earth Special Forces:Final really not strike any of you as a final product?

but I wanted to see a sequel to Earth Special Forces final too :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

A sequel to a final?

LegendarySS4 wrote :

RealDeal wrote :

but I wanted to see a sequel to Earth Special Forces final too :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

A sequel to a final?

yup Laughing Laughing Laughing

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 13, 2012

cs... ?

id has numerous mods which allow it to be as fun as it is , heck I never played cs more than 4months with out mods

Reply with quote Friday, April 13, 2012

najeeb wrote : cs... ?

id has numerous mods which allow it to be as fun as it is , heck I never played cs more than 4months with out mods

And all those mods are AMXX based. And Earth Special Forces can also be moded with AMXX.

Reply with quote Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grega wrote :

najeeb wrote : cs... ?

And all those mods are AMXX based. And Earth Special Forces can also be moded with AMXX.

Obviously Earth Special Forces wouldn't be moded right?

Reply with quote Sunday, April 15, 2012

The poll is corrupt! Evil or Very Mad
76 => 151!
I reloaded the page. 76 to 151 (option 1)! You have manipulated the poll!

http://forum.esforces.com/threads/153230-Earth Special Forces-release-Schedule-Important?p=1944377&viewfull=1#post1944377

qwerty wrote : The poll is corrupt! Evil or Very Mad
76 => 151!
I reloaded the page. 76 to 151 (option 1)! You have manipulated the poll!

[url]http://forum.esforces.com/threads/153230-Earth Special Forces-release-Schedule-Important?p=1944377&viewfull=1#post1944377[/url]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Earth Special Forces page is like the government Laughing

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Will there still be any support or patches if there would be various bugs or glitches reported after the release? Things you guys overlooked or didn't account for ?

Or will it really be releasing,going separate ways and that's the end of that?

This is cheating!!!

alishan22 wrote : This is cheating!!!

I was all the morning (Italy) to check the poll. When I refreshed the poll changed from 76 to 151 in less then two minutes. 75 votes in two minutes. You manipulated the poll to make us believe that we want the final version.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Everybody who is smart enough would vote for the final version, what do you get with a demo? bugs, not all characters, not all maps do you really want that?
It's better to wait for the final even if it does take quite some time and it's the FINAL it should be "PERFECT" without bugs so wait for it like the others who vote the same like I did waiting for the final relase there is no better option that's my opinion Razz

Nothing is perfect. Final one will have bugs and glitches that's why I support a beta but that too has a 50/50 problem.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Grega already mentioned that the poll wouldn't be the final decision for the team. They would still go with what they ultimately think what's best. It's just to know where the community stands. So what does it matter anyway?

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]