Reply with quote Tuesday, April 10, 2012

AnTy wrote : frieza first form:

Before:

AfTer:

later the others...

Great work Anty.

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

It doesn't look bad, but let's be real here. You simply applied a smooth modifier and increased the polycount by a lot. While you may consider me being a Richard in this post, the truth is, it's not really that hard to do something like this, and it requires not even a minute of work.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Damaera wrote : It doesn't look bad, but let's be real here. You simply applied a smooth modifier and increased the polycount by a lot. While you may consider me being a Richard in this post, the truth is, it's not really that hard to do something like this, and it requires not even a minute of work.

yes, you're right, anyway there are two thing I have to do with this... the first one is fix all the UVmaps and the second in rig it, animate it and export it again, I'm just showing how will look my addons if Zeth change the character format... and no, I don't consider you a "Richard" (I don't even know What do you mean with that)...

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

While I appreciate the work you've been doing, I do have to ask why you're simply using a smooth modifier to upgrade the models, when you should be changing the mesh yourself by adding polies and such.

I recommend doing something like what Enix did with the Kid Buu model for Earth Special Forces: http://I.imgur.com/OiQ5P.jpg

Make it a legitimate higher quality model. Don't just use a smooth modifier and call it quits, add more polies to the original mesh instead. Make the body smoother, make the armor more detailed. Make the horns more detailed. Just do something with the mesh instead of doing a minute of work.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Damaera wrote : While I appreciate the work you've been doing, I do have to ask why you're simply using a smooth modifier to upgrade the models, when you should be changing the mesh yourself by adding polies and such.

I recommend doing something like what Enix did with the Kid Buu model for Earth Special Forces: http://I.imgur.com/OiQ5P.jpg

Make it a legitimate higher quality model. Don't just use a smooth modifier and call it quits, add more polies to the original mesh instead. Make the body smoother, make the armor more detailed. Make the horns more detailed. Just do something with the mesh instead of doing a minute of work.

I always appreciate the good answers, I was checking a couple of thing on the structure of this characters, of course I will change that and your picture can help me with that, this is in "fan project" selection because I will check to many things in those characters, of course I can't release anything because this can't be used in this game... anyway can be better if I could see it ingame, because when you change the format of that 3D part... but anyway I think you will help me to much in the future in this project...

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]