Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Dragon Ball Goku

cO_oD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 21, 2012

Linkxp500 wrote : I'd advise you to try out nielsmilikan's Kid Goku. It's just about ready for rigging.

I doubt that I need to check amateurs models.

Shenku wrote : Just a guess, but I think the comment about smoothing was over the hair, which appears to not have smoothing groups applied to it, seeing how there are very noticeable edges to polygons on that portion of the model.

Goku hair - zbrush - subdivision level 1, which means no smoothing.

No offense guys, but you seriously have to know more about softwares before you go any deeper in commenting such obvious things. I appreciate the help, but I'm looking forward to more advanced criticism that Brad gave me.

I made that model completely for fun in two hours without any specific references (just used this single reference http://www.absoluteanime.com/dragon_ball/Goku.jpg to have an eye on). Details and perfectioning --- those come within certain research and exploring/comparisons in Photoshop to original setteis/references/manga drawings. I will try to work on fixing those simple mistakes.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

cO_oD wrote :
Goku hair - zbrush - subdivision level 1, which means no smoothing.

No offense guys, but you seriously have to know more about softwares before you go any deeper in commenting such obvious things.

When I said "smoothing groups", I'm not talking about "more polygons" I mean "smoothing groups", as in the function that blends polygon edges together to make two or more polygons/triangles appear to smoothly transition from one to another without hard edges. This does not mean adding additional polygons/subdivisions at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iswm1xKtGs

For someone who claims to know "more" about 3D than me, you should know what smoothing groups are by this point. I mean come on, it's one of the most basic things to know to make a good 3D model in any software...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Gentlemen, lets leave our egos at the door.

Misunderstandings happen -- especially online. Nobody was directly trying to attack or diminish one another's capabilities. There's no need to take offense if the intention wasn't to deliver it.

Shenku wrote : For someone who claims to know "more" about 3D than me, you should know what smoothing groups are by this point.

And I certainly know what it is, sir. Trust me. I know perfectly what smoothing groups are since 2005.

If you were to check previous posts you will see smoothed GROUPED model.

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/files/finishedgoku_146.jpg

For subdivisions, yes, the 'red Goku' is just a high poly mesh, which will definitely be used for the normal maps baking to cover the basis of shadows and give more effects[the depth feeling] in realtime rendering with other diffuse textures. I just love these techniques.

Certainly it is not smoothing groups. Again it's vectorical separation of already pre-existing polygons into more quads. In short, simple algorythm that increases the polycount. So, yes, sir, you are absolutely correct in that manner that those are not smoothing groups.

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

show more zbrush!

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 22, 2012

cO_oD wrote :

Shenku wrote : For someone who claims to know "more" about 3D than me, you should know what smoothing groups are by this point.

And I certainly know what it is, sir. Trust me. I know perfectly what smoothing groups are since 2005.

If you were to check previous posts you will see smoothed GROUPED model.

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/files/finishedgoku_146.jpg

For subdivisions, yes, the 'red Goku' is just a high poly mesh, which will definitely be used for the normal maps baking to cover the basis of shadows and give more effects[the depth feeling] in realtime rendering with other diffuse textures. I just love these techniques.

Certainly it is not smoothing groups. Again it's vectorical separation of already pre-existing polygons into more quads. In short, simple algorythm that increases the polycount. So, yes, sir, you are absolutely correct in that manner that those are not smoothing groups.

The smoothing groups(or lack of) that I was talking about were the ones in this image:

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/files/sculpter_648.jpg

In this picture, which was also the most recent one that you posted, smoothing groups were absent from the model's hair. That is what I thought Shakia's original comment about smoothing the models was about(since it was posted after that render was)... I was not saying that there were no smoothing groups, just that they were not visible in that specific image, and explaining my rational as to why I thought that was what Shakia was talking about...

No offense was intended...

Shenku wrote : The smoothing groups(or lack of) that I was talking about were the ones in this image:

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/files/sculpter_648.jpg

In this picture, which was also the most recent one that you posted, smoothing groups were absent from the model's hair. That is what I thought Shakia's original comment about smoothing the models was about(since it was posted after that render was)... I was not saying that there were no smoothing groups, just that they were not visible in that specific image, and explaining my rational as to why I thought that was what Shakia was talking about...

No offense was intended...

That explains a lot, he. Anyhow back to progress

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

cO_oD wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote : I'd advise you to try out nielsmilikan's Kid Goku. It's just about ready for rigging.

I doubt that I need to check amateurs models.

Interesting. How about making something more accurate than mine and then calling me that?

Your comment gives me a pretty hint who you are (or were).

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

okay so far.. if we want talk of a good model your cO_oD
is good.. but is more like real life dragonball than anime(that's why also Denz like too this one)

if we talk of anime ..anime accuracy style ,the version of nielsmillikan is forward on that way...

one strategy of work to use cO_oD.. before the details play around much much more with the proportions..

after all of that you think to details..

as details you are good I like..
but think to the proportions first.. Wink

any update?

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 23, 2012

I don't think its his aim to make an accurate model , he rather seems to make an realistic model

Reply with quote Monday, June 25, 2012

nielsmillikan wrote :
Interesting. How about making something more accurate than mine and then calling me that?

Your comment gives me a pretty hint who you are (or were).

Well, I'm just calling everyone amateur here, unless he/she/it proves me of having professional work done which is archieved by working only in industry. If you do work there, then sorry, you must be pro, but still, I'm quite confident I am fine with my own model and I don't need any other models as references.

My comment? I have told who I am and it's up to you to believe who am I.

najeeb wrote :
I don't think its his aim to make an accurate model , he rather seems to make an realistic model

No. I'm doing anime style model.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : okay so far.. if we want talk of a good model your cO_oD
is good.. but is more like real life dragonball than anime(that's why also Denz like too this one)

if we talk of anime ..anime accuracy style ,the version of nielsmillikan is forward on that way...

one strategy of work to use cO_oD.. before the details play around much much more with the proportions..

after all of that you think to details..

as details you are good I like..
but think to the proportions first.. Wink

any update?

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

Lay down your ego and show some progress or die from my pro modeled bomb!

others should stop attacking also or I will bomb them like Frieza.

gokusaif1 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 01, 2012

are you still working on this

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I really don't understand why you call us amateurs... sure, we don't have a job here, but you say so in a way that sounds condescending, as if you were the best there is at what you do.

I don't think you understand what it means to take criticism. It's not about what you don't know that someone else knows, it's about feedback, and you seem to have little patience for a few comments that you could do without.

We don't have to know everything about anything, and you shouldn't think you know everything about modelling. Life is a learning experience, you always learn new things.

We are trying to be helpful, and even if you feel we don't help at all, you don't have to call us out. It's just uncivil, and this site was made for us to further our knowledge of 3D gaming simulation and development.

Reply with quote Thursday, July 05, 2012

Linkxp500 wrote : I really don't understand why you call us amateurs... sure, we don't have a job here, but you say so in a way that sounds condescending, as if you were the best there is at what you do.

I don't think you understand what it means to take criticism. It's not about what you don't know that someone else knows, it's about feedback, and you seem to have little patience for a few comments that you could do without.

We don't have to know everything about anything, and you shouldn't think you know everything about modelling. Life is a learning experience, you always learn new things.

We are trying to be helpful, and even if you feel we don't help at all, you don't have to call us out. It's just uncivil, and this site was made for us to further our knowledge of 3D gaming simulation and development.

Amateurs are those who don't get money for what they are doing, you silly. You can be a pro, but if you are still on the level where you work for mods/indies, you still are considered as amateur (as long as it doesn't start bringing profit). Pro experience is considered when the work makes money from actual games covered by huge brands. Of course, it's a very straightforward explanation, but maybe your teen mind will still understand what I was trying to say.

And that was quite insultive. What I said was absolute true. And if you are not a man, sure, you can cry your problems, I don't give a slam. You just prove my words by saying such ridiculous things. Well, facts are facts and it doesn't change the fact about mod communities. My father was an american.

If the model misses details and people point me well my mistakes, like Zeth did, I will be sure to fix them. I never said I don't take criticism. US is the best. Stop making up weird statements about me not listening to others if you don't know me at all, will you?

stop telling things about your country and your father.it make me angry Mad

gokusaif1 wrote : stop telling things about your country and your father.it make me angry Mad

Are you a intriguingly diversified?

I have no idea what is a intriguingly diversified Laughing

gokusaif1 wrote : I have no idea what is a intriguingly diversified :*laughing out loud*:

So I'm a king of your country.

found out the meaning and I ain't no intriguingly diversified Laughing

gokusaif1 wrote : found out the meaning and I ain't no intriguingly diversified :*laughing out loud*:

I'm just proud to be an american. What else can I do?

just stop telling stuff.its weird

finalsaiyan View user's profile Send private message

gokusaif1 wrote : stop telling things about your country and your father.it make me angry Mad

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]