Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Dragon Ball Goku

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 05, 2012

I am not saying we aren't, by definition, amateurs, but again, you say it as though we have not even a drop of common sense.

Saying that the truth is the truth just shows you have lost your composure to my comment, which was not intended to offend you, and there was nothing ridiculous or childish contained within my comment.

It's fine to tell us you want more "professional" feedback, but I personally do not approve of your high and mighty attitude.

All I ask of you is to show more patience toward others' comments. Besides, this forum is intended to improve aspiring 3D Gaming developers' grasp of the entire process, not to compete for the spotlight.

I don't care how good you are at what you do, and I don't care that you are a professional. Here on the internet, there is such a thing as etiquette.

So let's stop this meaningless squabble and work on our own projects.

Postscript: I'm not a teen. I have no earthly idea why you think that. *intense laughter*

cO_oD View user's profile Send private message

Linkxp500 wrote : I am not saying we aren't, by definition, amateurs, but again, you say it as though we have not even a drop of common sense.

Saying that the truth is the truth just shows you have lost your composure to my comment, which was not intended to offend you, and there was nothing ridiculous or childish contained within my comment.

It's fine to tell us you want more "professional" feedback, but I personally do not approve of your high and mighty attitude.

All I ask of you is to show more patience toward others' comments. Besides, this forum is intended to improve aspiring 3D Gaming developers' grasp of the entire process, not to compete for the spotlight.

I don't care how good you are at what you do, and I don't care that you are a professional. Here on the internet, there is such a thing as etiquette.

So let's stop this meaningless squabble and work on our own projects.

Postscript: I'm not a teen. I have no earthly idea why you think that. *intense laughter*

I explained that because, I thought you felt very offended by me calling people amateurs. It's not a bad word at all, of course. I just explained how I realize that myself and that you would not think me trying to humiliate anyone.

And if I explained everything normally and properly, you think of me as highly and mighty if I called someone amateur and tried to defend my opinion? I might think the same of you right now for calling me that.

Earn respect, and you will be respected. Then etiquette will change. And to be honest, there is no such thing as etiquette on internet. Some people tend to be offensive so get used to that.

Well, I tend to believe that this is community which has more teens then adults, so sorry if advance if you are not a teen and I called you one. I just base my statements on bigger chance.

Alright, I believe I understand where you are coming from.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Leave him guy is very patriotic but do remember high patriotism does lead to racism towards other nations.. Just remember that, well anyways keep one with your model, looks great.

LegendarySS4 wrote : Leave him guy is very patriotic but do remember high patriotism does lead to racism towards other nations.. Just remember that, well anyways keep one with your model, looks great.

Heh, and it just so happens that it was around the 4th of July when this thing started. *intense laughter*

I'm American, but I'm not exactly proud of my government. Razz

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

cO_oD is a retard... since anyone who isn't a scientist should be a retard according to the way he defines things.

I'm not being offensive here Razz

nielsmillikan wrote : cO_oD is a retard... since anyone who isn't a scientist should be a retard according to the way he defines things.

I'm not being offensive here Razz

Niels, show some compassion. You don't see Goku insulting others out of sheer anger/frustration/whatever, even when they are beating the living stuff out of him.

Who knows, people change all the time.

Besides, I do understand his attitude toward imbeciles, though I do not share the magnitude of his distaste.

[To everyone]

He may have little patience for people who do not seem to think for themselves, and may have a distorted view upon the population until any individual proves otherwise.

If he gets to you ignore him. If you have something to say that is intended to help him, but all he does is get irritated, just brush it off.

Let's all just try to throw the insults aside and cooperate.

[To cO_oD]

Same goes for you, try to refrain from even appearing to insult others, and I'm sure they'll do their best to keep out of your hair. Like I said earlier, we are here to compete, and whether you think there is such thing as internet etiquette or not, it's there.

People have emotions just as strong as yours, and the internet is like one gigantic dining table. You don't start a food fight just because you are annoyed, high-strung, or whatever you feel, because it irritates others.

If you love America so much, show it by representing the country in a civilized and pleasant way.

/rant over

EDIT: Just want to get a few things straight.

Intelligence is not sufficiently measured by what job, reputation, or college degree you have, but by what you do with your knowledge.

Heck, 9-10 year olds already know about sex at their age, the dumbest teenagers you ever knew will know how to bypass a school-filtered site, and anyone can get a bachelor's degree if they simply put aside time for it. What separates the leaping lizards from the geniuses is not what knowledge they contain within their brain, but what they do with their brain.

For instance, I have learned fairly quickly that I can analyze a person's text to reveal whether or not they care how they appear to others, or whether they simply don't know what they are talking about. You can also make a more educated guess about their personality in general, and what age range they fall in.

If you see a comment written all in undercase and use cell phone shorthand, you can very safely assume that the user is a teen.

But, if you analyze text that has completely or mostly complete grammar, you can assume that the user has experience in presentation, and that the user adequately utilizes his or her brain to show that they value their intelligent appearance.

Oh, and I completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Bucky. I am 19 going on 20. I aspire to become a lead game programmer.

And last but not least, I have a learning disability called ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum), which, in plain simple terms I hope everyone can understand, hinders the transfer of nerves inside the brain from one side to the other, causing me to react to happening events relatively more slowly than a normal person with relatively less-than-average reaction time.

So, you think you have it any harder than me? You think I am making something like this up? If not, I apologize for my earlier attitude. But let me ask you this. Why do you consider each and every one of the members of this forum to be amateurs? Have you ever asked any of them whether they plan to or are already in a specific field?

I'll tell you that I admit I am, by definition, an amateur, but that doesn't mean I don't have logic and intelligence, as well as a conscience, to know your intended connotative meaning behind the word.

Linkxp500 wrote :

And last but not least, I have a learning disability called ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum), which, in plain simple terms I hope everyone can understand, hinders the transfer of nerves inside the brain from one side to the other, causing me to react to happening events relatively more slowly than a normal person with relatively less-than-average reaction time.

Didn't you mean more than average-reaction time? Razz

Again, don't mean to offend you or anyone. I come here for fun, but sometimes I do post some *nasty* stuff for those who *earn* it.

nielsmillikan wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote :

Didn't you mean more than average-reaction time? Razz

Again, don't mean to offend you or anyone. I come here for fun, but sometimes I do post some *nasty* stuff for those who *earn* it.

Nah, I believe it's less-than-average. *intense laughter*

well that would mean you are faster than average person.. Reaction time = time taken to react to a stimuli. The lesser it is, the faster you are and that's better (not really a disability Razz)

nielsmillikan wrote : well that would mean you are faster than average person.. Reaction time = time taken to react to a stimuli. The lesser it is, the faster you are and that's better (not really a disability Razz)

Well, I just proved my ignorance of that scientific term. *intense laughter*

Very well, more-than-average. *intense laughter*

Happy? Razz

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the concept of reaction time is easy to understand. I must have been a little off today. *laughing out loud*

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Niels is just being a pain in the buttocks. Razz

We all knew what you ment.

TRL wrote : Niels is just being a pain in the buttocks. Razz

Meh, it helps to know I made a mistake. I won't make that one again. Razz

TRL wrote : Niels is just being a pain in the buttocks. Razz

That should be my new title! Razz

No advocating for a new title, you devil's advocate!

Seems like someone removed the posts count..

Heh. Well I'll be.

cO_oD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 07, 2012

Can you stay on topic at all? I don't give a shi-t about your collection of unsupported data towards me. It's all about model and I don't care what you think of me. So if you don't like the model you can tell its a trash, but you must tell me what's wrong with it, else it's just a non-productive comment.

Niels, I never said anything like that. I never meant that amateur is a complete re-tard. You just made up this by yourself. I am an amateur myself, but I am quite confident I can do and work by myself without checking the others. And someone spoke about internet etiquette. I explained pretty fairly what I meant by saying amateur, but you still heck blame me for nothing, doing some psychotic lacking in identifiable function analyzes in topic which was meant for displaying my model.

I think it would be the best if someone locked this thread or deleted it completely. Certainly this is not a place to show any work.

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

come on guys just get off him and Co od show some good progress.

So you reject our opinions by calling us "amateurs," and yet you are an amateur yourself?

Talk about being hypocritical. :\

uninformed participator. Some unknown person, like Link said, talk about being a hypocrite..

Ramunas, why did you create this account? Just to be more tinkled off then usual? Razz

Now show some pictures and let's get this thing back on track.

TRL wrote : Ramunas, why did you create this account? Just to be more tinkled off then usual? Razz

Now show some pictures and let's get this thing back on track.

That fool? Oh my, if it is him "rule yourself" if it ain't "rule yourself uninformed participator!" *laughing out loud*.

Why is he a fool? It's actually just link nagging over the term amateurs. I'm an amateur too and it doesn't bother me.

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Why is he a fool? It's actually just link nagging over the term amateurs. I'm an amateur too and it doesn't bother me.

me three...

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]