Content

1, 2  >>

Bid For Power maps ported to ZEQ2 Lite

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Everybody of course remembers Bid for Power. While most of the maps in Bid For Power are not of great quality there are a select few maps that are just awesome. I decided to port these maps to ZEQ2 Lite just for kicks. You can download them in this thread.

If anyone has any suggestions for other Bid For Power maps to port just ask here.

Budoukai map by Kaden Dark & Delerium.

This is one of the best fanmade maps created for Bid For Power. You can simply download the .pk3 file and put it in your ZEQ2Contents folder. Type /map budoukai in the console to open the map.

Screenshot and map are attached to the post.

Dapalace2 by Dash.

This map is famous for its so-called baku/mêlée fights. When Bid For Power was popular this was pretty much the only map played. It is no wonder that this is a map we port to ZEQ2 Lite.

/map dapalace opens the map.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RTGWG4DB

Branks View user's profile Send private message

Cool. The thing is... the map textures don't clash with the cel-shaded models.

Branks wrote : Cool. The thing is... the map textures don't clash with the cel-shaded models.

It's too difficult for me to redo all the textures; but if you want to you can modify them yourself. All necessary textures are in the pk3. The budoukai map looks pretty good in my opinion.

*I tested a bit with changing around textures and modifying a bit. When I have some more free time might redo the whole dapalace map.

geaegghha View user's profile Send private message

Convert these maps
English Bid for Power Final 4.0
http://bfpfinal.quakeunity.com/

etc...

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LtrnnXQTc

Wink

Tom ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

I'm fairly certain at least 2 of those maps are actually from Dragon Ball Quake. The Kamis Palace made originally by Dash (he was on Dragon Ball Quake before he quit and went to Bid For Power). The Kami house looks like the one made by Raedonwolf for Dragon Ball Quake as well, however the water is new.
As for the other two, I'm pretty sure the city map was by Xpac for Dragon Ball Quake and the Earth map looks like it may have been for Dragon Ball Quake as well, but I'm not 100% (can't remember who made it either.. maybe Dash as well).

Peac View user's profile Send private message

the kame house map is by Radiated, Dr. Gero's Labe by LooF, KitCapsula is by KitCarson from Bid For Power and the other is a daplace modification.

Branks View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* @ LooF. I remember people were hitting on her 24/7 because she just happened to map.

Blaize ZEQ2-lite Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 17, 2009

they hit on her because she was a girl.
and with a girl-guy ratio of 1/25000 I wasn't suprised Wink

Ivan Gabriel View user's profile Send private message

How I install the map? In the maps folder??

No, put it in the ZEQ2Contents folder. I'm 100% sure I've written that above.

Gpcell Terra 3 by Gangsta Poodle
a very good map from Bid For Power, modified by me.
/map gpcell_terra4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVYJYN5F

Plug View user's profile Send private message

There's a bug in the Cell games Arena... The ground is black...

Tom ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Peac wrote : the kame house map is by Radiated, Dr. Gero's Labe by LooF, KitCapsula is by KitCarson from Bid For Power and the other is a daplace modification.

Yeah, you're right that looks like Kit's city map, Xpac's just looks similar, but I think his is actually brighter.

Ahh, it's not Dash's Dragon Ball Quake kami palace, here's his Dragon Ball Quake version: Tree's are different.

Guess I was wrong about kame house as well
The textures do look similar (on the house), but the trees are different. Unfortunately that's the best shot I could find.

However, I THINK LooF made that for Dragon Ball Quake (she was on their team for awhile).

Gpcell Terra 4 by Gangsta Poodle FIXED
a very good map from Bid For Power, modified by me.
/map gpcell_terra4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYURHC09

TOM
I have this kamehouse made by Radiated, but the map don't work on zeq2lite I don't know why =/

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LIENF25X

Reply with quote Friday, September 18, 2009

Hey Peac.

The main reason why it doesn't work is the sounds. Currently ZEQ2 Lite requires all sounds to be of the form soundname.wav.ogg.

Please make sure that all textures and shaders are there in that single pk3 file. Moreover, put the 'levelshot' in levelshots folder into the maps folder.

Missing textures you might find in pak0.pk3 of Quake 3, or in other Bid For Power maps.

Looking at the errors you get when you try to load the map is VERY helpful!

Make sure there are no errors showing up anymore. You can check which textures are used by opening the mapname.bsp file with notepad (at the start of the text). Just check them out one by one and add all of the missing ones.

(gpcell_terra4 is pretty good now, but the strange shadows moving around drive me crazy)

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 23, 2009

anyone know where I can download Quake 3 for free? I don't know if liberatedgames.com is legit
I knida want Bid For Power

The-Kakarotto wrote : anyone know where I can download Quake 3 for free? I don't know if liberatedgames.com is legit
I knida want Bid For Power

I'm not sure we should discuss such illegal things here Rolling Eyes. The game is not for free legally. But of course there are some workarounds like torrents.

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Have you tried OpenArena?
I'd recommend using this page to find Quake 3 cheap.

Timothy View user's profile Send private message

While there isn't a rule prohibiting the talk of warez, its still taboo. I suggest not discussing them. Specially when there is a free alternative to Quake 3 anyways like Azurite pointed out.

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Thanks, I'll see if that works. Can't wait to see more maps!

I'll refrain from talking of such "Illegal" business.

Soz for double post but, I don't know how torrents work. . . . .Yeah........I rule.

RedHot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh please. Cut down on the warez taboo Bread and Spaghetti. You let other people convince you that torrents are a no-no and it spreads throughout the peeps. What's so wrong in talking about warez? And in the first place, violating the rules of intellectual property (or whatever you call Dragon Ball) is not an honest deal either.

@up

I HEARD FROM A INTERVIEW WITHA A CRIMINAL that in order to use torrents you :

- look for a tracker
- download the torrent file (several kB)
- using a torrent client like Bitcomet / Azureus / uTorrent download the file.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 24, 2009

No laws of intellectual property are being directly and intentionally violated. ZEQ2-lite falls under the same classification as might a fan-drawing. While Funimation reserves the right to fully control how it's licenses are replicated, they generally do not mind fans creating results for non-profit intentions.

While warez discussion in generally isn't bad in itself, distributing links or attachments that provide as such can be. It's not so much that we personally have a problem as much as 99.9% of web-hosts will simply terminate your account without warning if you choose to have information leading to methods providing it.

Correct. Torrents are not bad in themselves; however, pay mind to what the contents of those torrents may be in regards to the above paragraph.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]