Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  >>

Earth's Special Forces Thread

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm still trying to figure out how they are mistreating their fans. You don't give a kid anything what they want, when they want it. That's just bad parenting. Especially if you don't have it to give in the first place.

Shame on querty and anyone who supported him. Even if the threat was a complete and utter fail. Really.

I mean they ARE sacrificing their precious free time and working on the game. Why you gotta be a spoiled brother about it? What are you doing?

It's like if you'd give a beggar 1 dollar and he curses you out and tries to tinkle on your leg because he wanted 10. Not cool guys. Don't be the pissing beggar.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Deverz wrote : 1. A "Demo" is an early cut back release of a FINISHED product used to entice people to buy their game. We can't do a demo until the game is COMPLETE

This stands. To all people who want to get a demo, or a beta, or something, please note that if a product is NOT near its completion, it WILL NOT be "fun" to get it. Nor it will serve any purpose. A demo is a demonstration of what the game CAN look like. If it's broken, what do you intend for developers to demonstrate? New GUI, graphics, models? You can see ALL of that on pictures, so they actually ARE giving you "demos" of those things in picture forms.

Richma wrote : I once was interested in this mod but it's been 2-3 years or more since that and there were all kind of news at the end of this year it's out and so on and since all those news weren't true or fullfilled and nothing was relased I gave up on it.

3 years since I found out about ZEQ2 Lite they didn't have nothing special here but then the stable revision came out this project got popular more people kept coming and keep coming and helping because they actually see that here people are relasing stuff, maybe you should try that too.

As Bradless said in his earlier post, Earth Special Forces developers HAVE OTHER THINGS. Education, jobs, families, and so on. They do what they can, when they can. You cannot force them to work faster/harder. No one is paying them for Earth Special Forces, so they can't only work on that. So 2-3 years as you said that is really insignificant compared to the amount of work put into Earth Special Forces. So people will wait a few more months/years. Yes, people will get more and more agitated and angry that it isn't being released. But remember that Earth Special Forces developers are NOT getting paid to make it.
As for ZEQ2lite, that's a prime example of a "demo". The September 1st 2009 was a "demo". It was something a few individuals worked on, and released it as a demonstration of what CAN be done. The release of the SVN build was the next step, since ZEQ2lite isn't meant to be played really. When that release happened, people started saying that this and that were broken. Of course it was broken when it was never finished in the first place. That's what the Earth Special Forces open beta did as well. They released a beta that WASN'T meant to be a full bug-free game. It was a beta. But people complained how broken it was. Since Deverz said that Earth Special Forces isn't playable now, what would happen if they released a "demo" now? They WOULDN'T get many positive comments. Only from a few individuals who would understand what they did. Ninety percent of fans would yell at them how broken it is.

I'm still trying to figure out how they are mistreating their fans. You don't give a kid anything what they want, when they want it. That's just bad parenting. Especially if you don't have it to give in the first place.

TRL wrote : Shame on querty and anyone who supported him. Even if the threat was a complete and utter fail. Really.

I mean they ARE sacrificing their precious free time and working on the game. Why you gotta be a spoiled brother about it? What are you doing?

It's like if you'd give a beggar 1 dollar and he curses you out and tries to tinkle on your leg because he wanted 10. Not cool guys. Don't be the pissing beggar.

I agree with TRL completely. He quite nicely summed up my post.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

SparkingVegito wrote :

Zeth wrote :

every professional left ZEQ2 because of no new updates in stable revision

What? Who are you even referring to? ZEQ2-lite didn't have any "professionals" attached to it in the first place.

*laughing out loud*, I am not talking about developers *intense laughter*. I am talking about gamers like Aravind, domitjen, maszek, etc..

I do not remember ever saying "I quit" or "I am leaving", and if I will ever do that, it will NOT be due to a lack of updates. When I play ZEQ2 Lite, I enjoy it for what it is instead of what I want it to become, without me putting any effort into making it so.

I quite simply got bored, which is normal after thousands of hours of playtime over a course of several years.

The next time you want to argue about this subject with Brad or anyone else, I kindly ask you to bring up your own points and thoughts instead of throwing out names of "pro" players(sounds utterly ridiculous by the way) and speaking in their name as if you knew their reasons for doing things.

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Anyone who actually thinks that the team is treating the fans badly FOR RELEASING SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS (I'm looking at you Richma) and other reasons is a joke. That is all.

Also, anyone who actually thinks that qwerty wants to "leak" Earth Special Forces because of the way the fans are treated is a joke, too. 1. He has no way to leak Earth Special Forces. 2. Even if he did have a way, good luck to anybody outside the team and the beta testers getting the game to work with. The only reason qwerty is doing this is because he's upset that Earth Special Forces is still being in development and isn't out yet.

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 23, 2013

I heard on Facebook that there is a probability that Earth Special Forces may release on this Christmas or new year.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

SparkingVegito wrote : I heard on Facebook that there is a probability that Earth Special Forces may release on this Christmas or new year.

oh lloyd not this again

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

SparkingVegito wrote : I heard on Facebook that there is a probability that Earth Special Forces may release on this Christmas or new year.

yeah we never made any such claims.

Deverz View user's profile Send private message

Were you on the official page? Because I never posted that

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 24, 2013

Deverz wrote :

nah, one of friend told me some days ago.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SparkingVegito wrote :

Deverz wrote :

nah, one of friend told me some days ago.

One of my friends told me the world is going to end in 2012.

Iceman View user's profile Send private message

Earth Special Forces comming out soon, in 2015. Maybe..
They won't let it out unless they fix bugs or some other things.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Iceman wrote : Earth Special Forces comming out soon, in 2015. Maybe..
They won't let it out unless they fix bugs or some other things.

Maybe I will get a job till then and buy myself a PlayStation or Xbox and play Dragon Ball games there and will care even less about Earth Special Forces Laughing

Hahahha crazy Richyyyy *intense laughter*
We will see richyy how Earth Special Forces would be.
People who dislike spam, can't play it heh

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Iceman wrote : Hahahha crazy Richyyyy *intense laughter*
We will see richyy how Earth Special Forces would be.
People who dislike spam, can't play it heh

Let's hope there will be a Dragon Ball Online private server or the official ones live again Laughing

Reply with quote Thursday, November 28, 2013

Haha maybe Very Happy

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 29, 2013

I just can't think of why do you guys dislike so much Earth Special Forces.

It will be a great game for PC where console games can't even compare because those are just same trash every year (it was a cool game in 2000's)

Just wait for it and stop spreading dislike stuff because of your biased reasons...

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Patience is a virtue. waiting for the best.. Wink
..Dragon Ball Z commercial games are not trash ...

Zay View user's profile Send private message

Honestly earth special forces and ZEQ2-Lite are both better in my opinion than any commercial Dragon Ball Z game. I mean from what I can tell by seeing the video from a while back on Earth Special Forces Namek is going to be ten times bigger than any of the commercial games. Some will argue that bigger isn't always better but this plus the range of players allowed on a server is a complete harmony of greatness. I've been playing Earth Special Forces for this past week for the possibility of the controls being the same (Correct me if I'm wrong). These computer games are the next generation of Dragon Ball Z games. The only thing better would be an character customization and pick up items.

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 01, 2013

People dislike Earth Special Forces because the development process is taking longer than they want it to be, and most people won't feed into their fiddle sticks.

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

I have only expressed my opinion "don't vote for Earth Special Forces because it's a vaporware", now I have been released permanently from the Earth Special Forces forum. This is proof that it is a dictatorship.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Earth Special Forces isn't a vaporware. Earth Special Forces is a project being worked on by individuals IN THEIR FREE TIME. That is what people have to understand. I don't know for sure, Grega should be able to correct me if needed, but I don't think a single Earth Special Forces developer is getting paid for their work.

You "could" say the project itself is taking too long, but look at what they did on an ANCIENT engine. They completely reworked it, it could even be called an original project, not a HL1 mod. So what if it takes long?

And about their forum, I cannot say anything about that, since I don't visit it as much as some of you from around here. But if Grega is a moderator there, then I can safely say their forum ISN'T a dictatorship. Grega always explains everything, and has never done anything to make me think there's the so called dictatorship there. Their forums probably have stricter rules, and apply them without the lenience you see here.

Like everywhere, people who don't follow rules on forums should be released. They working on games and it is just logic that there will be most of kids who will make drama, and more. If they made good project/game fine it is cool, if not they will train themselves in making games.

I'll be fast since I don't have to much time due to a training course that I have exams I need to prepare for.

We have no issues with people voicing their opinion if they do so in a normal way.

What you did was nothing short of throling. Heck even after the blackmail atempt you tried to pull with the so called "leaked" pictures. We decided to give you another chance.

But if all you are doing is fearsome creature partying you opinions then for the sake of not having another open flame war the mods are willing to cut you from the forum in order to keep the peace.

We can take criticism, and we don't high five people for saying Earth Special Forces is bad. Everyone has an opinion. But did you really not believe any action would be taken after all the fearsome creature partying?

Also for your argument from the picture. For a product to be vaporware it needs to be commercial. That asside vaporware has no releases at all. Just an anouncement, where Earth Special Forces has a history of over 20 releases (including the open betas).

Yes its taking long. heck I myself have been so occupied with the training course that I haven't even been able to contact Raven for the new SVN info when the server was updated. And I'm not the only person on the team who has other stuff to do that are simply more important than working on the mod.

But if you still want to argue that we are not doing anything, then ill remind you that Raven was working on a school paper about destruction in game engines.

He spent well over a few months doing that and this is the prototype he presented to his professors for that paper.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/destruction-prototype-test#imagebox

Is he actively working on this now?
No. That is a minor feature that wa can patch in if Raven wishes. He is working on getting the new beam entity working correctly so that we can have the gameplay ready and working as soon as possible. Yet with every comment you make you are not commenting about your collection of unsupported data, you are directly attacking he 30+ hours he spends working on Earth Special Forces every week, because you are not voicing opinions, but directly attacking the mod.

Opinions based on asumptions are not worth much, but directly attacking something because you are tired of waiting for it is not really an opinion. Its called voicing your frustration.

But that said, you said that you don't care for Earth Special Forces. So maybe now you have the chance to leave it alone and focus on something that actually does interest you.

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Personally I'm glad that I have been released.
When I saw the "The Mosh Pit" section in the Earth Special Forces Forum I realized how childish is the Earth Special Forces Team.
There are lacking in identifiable function threads that remind me of 10 years old childrens.

qwerty wrote : Personally I'm glad that I have been released.
When I saw the "The Mosh Pit" section in the Earth Special Forces Forum I realized how childish is the Earth Special Forces Team.
There are lacking in identifiable function threads that remind me of 10 years old childrens.

The people who made 90% of those threads were forum members. The devs only posted some pictures/videos every now and then before releasing them to the public. We also put POTWs that were not selected to be posted on the main page in there. But that's been happening less and less.

The pit was a low rule area. Basically a lawless zone. And what you saw was what people do in such a zone. The devs really didn't post much in there anymore, hence why we decided to finally give it the bullet and simply open up its history to the forum while keeping it as a spam pit.

That right there is the reason why we have rules that we enforce. Because if we didn't, the whole forum would turn in to that.

<<  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]