Content

A Little School Project...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, July 06, 2012

Just thought I'd post some stuff up here to let you all know that no, I am not dead, and yes I have been busy working on a ton of stuff for school.

For the last few weeks, my class has been working on a group project where we actually make a game using the Unreal Development Kit, and we're getting close to having a playable demo soon... As soon as the game is finished(well, the first three levels, at least, since that was all that was planned for our class...), I will be sure to post a download link to it here for your folks' enjoyment.

First up, a quick gameplay video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PEKJO-Ir-w&feature=youtu.be

Note: There is currently no sound yet, the HUD is currently being worked on, weapon effects/models have not yet been fully implemented, there are more creatures than the ones present in this video(I don't have local copies of all their textures currently, so I chose not to use them for this video), and the level in this video will not be in the game itself, it's just a test level our teacher used to test the various feature functionality for the game that he added(such as hiding geometry that obstructs the player from the camera's view).

The player character in this video was modeled by me(mostly; a classmate modeled some of his gear, but I did the base character model for all three of the humanoid characters that will appear in the game), and he was textured by one of my classmates(I'll admit, I can model and UV Map like no one's business, but I'm not so great with texturing... No time to practice, either...).

I'll see about posting some renders of a few of the models soon so you can get a better look at some of them, and maybe some shots of the game with the actual levels(I'm not the level designer, so I don't have the most current version)...

Oh, and no idea what the game will be called yet, I'll let you guys know that as well once my class figures it out.

gokusaif1 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, July 06, 2012

looks nice.

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good luck Surprised

I didn't know they actually had classes for this.
(Like, ACTUALLY making a game with classmates as your team...)

Reply with quote Sunday, July 15, 2012

JayREEZY wrote : Good luck Surprised

I didn't know they actually had classes for this.
(Like, ACTUALLY making a game with classmates as your team...)

Yup, it's a senior project basically, so everyone in my program has to do this in their final year. Best way to showcase skill and ability in this field is to actually create a game, so it makes sense.

And as a minor update, Level 1 and 2 are nearing completion, and we will begin working on Level 3 sometime this week hopefully. A few people are also working on the HUD and various menu interfaces as well, so we should have a testable game ready by next week, hopefully. This is greatly subject to change though, since several of my classmates have been slacking off more and more over the past few weeks, which is making some of us concerned as to whether or not we will finish the game at all...

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 16, 2012

dam it , these schools are really useful , great job dude!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Looks nice. But makes you see that sound is really needed to get the full experience in a game.

TRL wrote : Looks nice. But makes you see that sound is really needed to get the full experience in a game.

One of my classmates was working on the sounds today and got most of the sounds finished, should have them in this week... 5 classes left for this project, so hopefully we'll be done getting everything in soon so we can start testing for bugs...

Side note: one of the afore mentioned classmates who's been slacking didn't show up today, and he was in charge of setting up spawns for the monsters in level 1... Group voted him off this task and put me in charge of it... You know it's bad when you start over on a task someone else was doing for 2 weeks to redo it, and you reach that same point he was at in only 4 hours...

Reply with quote Monday, July 23, 2012

Almost done with everything, and only have until Friday to finish everything up, wish us luck!

Oh, and screenshot of the game, we have a working HUD now...

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 23, 2012

Good work... hope you get a F.

F = Fair enough.. Razz

NabaKonvecit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 21, 2012

nice could`ve been better but good

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]