Content

1, 2  >>

Nature technology

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 07, 2012

These BBC documentaries are some of the most intriguing and fascinating ones I've seen in a while.
They're about how mankind can try to mimic in mere years what nature took million of years to perfect. But in most cases we don't even come close yet to the brilliance of nature. The power of evolution.

Enjoy them!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC12706831CA690DD

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

The power of evolution? the power of Lloyd! Thank Lloyd! read the greatest adventure stories. Yes I am a practitioner of spiritual science. Wink
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/genesis/1.html

I really hope you're fearsome creature partying.

Zay View user's profile Send private message

He did over do it.
Still...
lloyd.

Just watch the videos and spare me the fairy tale nonsense.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

qwerty wrote : The power of evolution? the power of Lloyd! Thank Lloyd! read the greatest adventure stories. Yes I am a practitioner of spiritual science. Wink
http://www.biblestudytools.com/esv/genesis/1.html

https://p.twimg.com/AtjrgJJCQAEDcZk.jpg

Zay View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Just watch the videos and spare me the fairy tale nonsense.

^your collection of unsupported data.

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 08, 2012

*laughing out loud*

Reply with quote Friday, August 24, 2012

The universe and how we came to understand it. Or at least what we understand of it right now. Nice presentation on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk&feature=autoplay&list=EC101E166E120852F9&playnext=3

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Well I can't wait for the day when nano-technology will become a reality, I mean just think the kinds of applications that would be good for just for medical purposes alone, like surgery on a molecular level, heck even remove cancer tumors easier and maybe keep it under constant control.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

The universe and how we came to understand it. Or at least what we understand of it right now. Nice presentation on youtube.

I always thought you were against the concept of string theory, multiverses, and so forth, Bruno. The video was an interesting summarization of physics history and theory regardless.

His closing statements pretty much define why I believe even art and creativity themselves are analyzable and replicate-able concepts. This notion is the drive behind not only projects like ZEQ2, but also why I root-explore any design pattern (software or universally otherwise) and attempt to understand, abstract, and re-construct its building blocks.

Why would I be against it? Also these multiverses talked about here are seperate entities and not the kind of parallel universes caused by divergent paths in history we see in fiction. So I definitely don't believe there could be another universe where there's another earth, another me, doing similar but different things. That's just bullocks.
This multiverse and string theory is more like an expansion of the current plane of existence that we know of. A sort of infinity beyond the infinity.

@Brolly: I think that day is certainly coming. We might have little nanorobots in our bodies tinkering with our dna to solve all of our problems. Where there are defaults they would introduce a correction of the dna bases which are most commonly seen in healthy humans. What this will do to us as an evolving species (together with gene selection even before birth or even gene enhancing instead of just correcting) is something to really think about. Because then we'll really be playing "lloyd".

I for one can't wait until we have fully self sustainable forms of energy and no pollution whatsoever. A city full of cars that only exhaust water damp. Perfectly clean air.

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 25, 2012

I think that day is certainly coming. We might have little nanorobots in our bodies tinkering with our dna to solve all of our problems. Where there are defaults they would introduce a correction of the dna bases which are most commonly seen in healthy humans. What this will do to us as an evolving species (together with gene selection even before birth or even gene enhancing instead of just correcting) is something to really think about. Because then we'll really be playing "lloyd".

And this is where this nano-tech would have a "dark side", it can bring progress unless it is misused for combat purposes ( and believe me they always find a way to use the fork that you eat with to stab someone in the gut ), I mean just look at the nuclear energy, while convenient for the huge amounts of energy it can also screw a whole continent.

I for one can't wait until we have fully self sustainable forms of energy and no pollution whatsoever.

Well as far as I know Tesla was working on a device that would gather energy from the ionosphere ( if I'm not mistaking ) more commonly known as "free energy", the thing is that he died before even finishing it...so yeah...but you see we humans are smart, we can make things that seem improbable ( I mean who would of thought that we will talk/see with other people through some "strings" or literally reach other planets? ) the problem is the lack of interest, while free energy would be a huge breakthrough for human kind it would cripple or completely ruin the oil companies, nuclear plants and so on, so you can imagine what huge impact it would have on the pockets of those "poor" oil magnates.

Why would I be against it? Also these multiverses talked about here are seperate entities and not the kind of parallel universes caused by divergent paths in history we see in fiction. So I definitely don't believe there could be another universe where there's another earth, another me, doing similar but different things. That's just bullocks.

This multiverse and string theory is more like an expansion of the current plane of existence that we know of. A sort of infinity beyond the infinity.

That's incorrect. An extrapolated form of the concept of string theory's multiverse concept specifically covers the existence of tangential permutations of ALL possibilities in reference to everything from minor choices in free will to major factors like universal construction.

You are using his bubble analogy, but you aren't seeing the proper scope. There are infinite amounts of bubbles. Infinite is A LOT. A universe where you sneezed 5 minutes ago and one where you did not is EASILY feasible when you are dealing with infinity. This is all a trivial notion considering he just explained the theoretical divergency of time travel and how it applies not as a linear force, but rather a property of state / dimension. Utilizing travel in this fashion via a worm-hole is a change or even a split in universes.

It's all highly theoretical and largely simplified at these stages of explanation, but this updated video from years back (which I know you've seen) covered the idea and supports what I'm trying to explain.

Well it's all still theory and speculation. Unless I'm mistaken and some of it has been proven. I have no problem with accepting that there might be other dimensions, but I guess I don't fully understand why a 4th would necessarily have to be time (or duration like they call it). It's a nice example of a possible forth dimension, but I'm not sure it has to be time. I understand the concepts of all these dimensions, but imagining the possibility of existence of them is the limit of my intelligence I think. (Just like when I sometimes try to imagine the end of our universe which is supposedly infinite and ever expanding, it can't be done, beyond it would be nothing, but if you say beyond you've implied an end, etc...)
Because of my knowledge of the human brain and how we are limited to our perceptions (we can only truly observe something that we are not part of ourselves), I think it's reasonable to accept that we may not ever find proof for anything beyond our own reality.

Simply change your perception of perception itself.

*laughing out loud*, done!

Also let's not forget the human mind is capable of thinking of things that just aren't possible. We've made that mistake numerous time before in the past to try and explain things. Lloyds for example. So I'm cautious. Just because we can think of something, doesn't mean it can exist.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

broly3110 wrote : Well I can't wait for the day when nano-technology will become a reality, I mean just think the kinds of applications that would be good for just for medical purposes alone, like surgery on a molecular level, heck even remove cancer tumors easier and maybe keep it under constant control.

[Crysis joke]

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote :

broly3110 wrote : Well I can't wait for the day when nano-technology will become a reality, I mean just think the kinds of applications that would be good for just for medical purposes alone, like surgery on a molecular level, heck even remove cancer tumors easier and maybe keep it under constant control.

[Crysis joke]

not a joke , Cybernetic revolt

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote :

[Crysis joke]

I believe Hostile Waters was the first game with nano technology mentioned. Small robots flowing though the air that heal people from within and so on ^^

Great game by the way ^^

Well all sciencefiction is more or less based in current technology in the sense how they project to things that might be developed out of them. So the basic ideas and understanding of genetics and rudimental nanotechnology are already in place to set up for something like this in the future.

Remember in the times of Jules Verne, going to the moon was considered science fiction. Around this time only yet trains existed, but more powerful engines were being developed which led to invention of the automobile. So from just engines, people dreamed of the possibility of rocket ships and airplanes.

of course some sciencefiction inventions like teleportation and time travel are so outrageous that they're still far off.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Well all sciencefiction is more or less based in current technology in the sense how they project to things that might be developed out of them. So the basic ideas and understanding of genetics and rudimental nanotechnology are already in place to set up for something like this in the future.

Remember in the times of Jules Verne, going to the moon was considered science fiction. Around this time only yet trains existed, but more powerful engines were being developed which led to invention of the automobile. So from just engines, people dreamed of the possibility of rocket ships and airplanes.

of course some sciencefiction inventions like teleportation and time travel are so outrageous that they're still far off.

Honestly, if we gain power over evolution, DNA, time and space, humanity will destroy itself in 3 minutes. Just imagine what immense damage could be done with time travel.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Maszek wrote :

TRL wrote : Well all sciencefiction is more or less based in current technology in the sense how they project to things that might be developed out of them. So the basic ideas and understanding of genetics and rudimental nanotechnology are already in place to set up for something like this in the future.

Honestly, if we gain power over evolution, DNA, time and space, humanity will destroy itself in 3 minutes. Just imagine what immense damage could be done with time travel.

I don't think it would affect us , a different time line perhaps

I don't think it would affect us , a different time line perhaps

Correct. In the context of these theories, any time travel would result in a tangential universe altogether.

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

nano suit !!! Very Happy

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]