Reply with quote Sunday, February 03, 2013

A game developed by Xatoku Productions

Here is the trailer:

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?cqpe2oc3vr2ls89
FORUM: http://pokegen.freeforums.org/index.php
MODDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/pokmon-generations

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

aff yes I download a day ago when xatoku posted it on zwarriorchronicles download page its nice , very good trailer by the way!

also there is one bug I wanted to report but only ssj6vegeta was in their irc and he Away From Keyboard

if you target enemy it targets you strange bug

Konan View user's profile Send private message

such nice textures!

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : aff yes I download a day ago when xatoku posted it on zwarriorchronicles download page its nice , very good trailer by the way!

also there is one bug I wanted to report but only ssj6vegeta was in their irc and he Away From Keyboard

if you target enemy it targets you strange bug

that's not exactly a bug Laughing Laughing it triggers the fight

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Pretty sweet. They got further then we ever did with Pokemon Lite-Blue. Then again unity is much user friendly than zeq2lite to mod.

isn't that charmanda from pokemon lite blue *intense laughter* looks like him

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : isn't that charmanda from pokemon lite blue *intense laughter* looks like him

no.

xatoku modeled him -___-

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

multiplayer didn't work for me Sad

Reply with quote Friday, May 31, 2013

They're at it again with a new release.

http://www.moddb.com/games/pokemon-generations

Looks like they're blowing all kinds of records in page visitors. They're currently nr. 1 in indie game popularity.

I'm pretty proud of all of these guys. Xatoku, Skatter, Zielan and Acaryus!

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

nice work... Wink sweet,funny and nice..

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

I sincerely applaud these people for their work. Hope those international commerical giants out there, feel ashamed after this!

Well let's just hope they don't notice it at all, honestly. They would tear it down so fast before you can even say nin...

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Not going to lie. I have a great dislike for Pokemon that stems from the deepest depths of the darkest reaches of my heart, as I find it even more of a zippy unoriginal money grabbing concept than the yearly fish rehashes.

Now with that out of the way. These guys are doing a nice job creating this. All the props to them for it.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Well let's just hope they don't notice it at all, honestly. They would tear it down so fast before you can even say nin...

is a fan Game for windows..is not commercial or anything like that,have a personal brand yes but that is required ,or is Unnamed Game..maybe they shouldn't have called this Pokemon but with a different name for , one thing that is kind of lacking is the copyright on that Brand.. because will never have a copyright.. what I can say enjoy the editable ,create,play..but never talk about the (c),is just a dream and seryus trouble would come if you exsaggerate.. be smart and continue the splendid Job you are doing Guys Wink ..I don't like pokemon,but objectively you are doing a good job, so I like your work.. never arrive so UP and popular too fast I think ,a good advice I can give..

Well you don't know nintendo then Nello. They've been known to shut down far worse games than this. And it doesn't matter that they're not selling this. Nintendo could still make the claim that they're losing money because people are playing this instead of their games and so buying less of theirs. But regardless copyright means they can sue and issue a cease and decist to anything that uses that copyrighted material.

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote :

TRL wrote : Well let's just hope they don't notice it at all, honestly. They would tear it down so fast before you can even say nin...

is a fan Game for windows..is not commercial or anything like that,have a personal brand yes but that is required ,or is Unnamed Game..maybe they shouldn't have called this Pokemon but with a different name for , one thing that is kind of lacking is the copyright on that Brand.. because will never have a copyright.. what I can say enjoy the editable ,create,play..but never talk about the (c),is just a dream and seryus trouble would come if you exsaggerate.. be smart and continue the splendid Job you are doing Guys Wink ..I don't like pokemon,but objectively you are doing a good job, so I like your work.. never arrive so UP and popular too fast I think ,a good advice I can give..

There was a 3D Chrono Trigger remake being put together. I believe it was called Chrono Trigger Resurrection. In any case it was non profit and totally fan made. The goal was to completely recreate the game in 3D for the PC.

Square shot them down quite fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ANEBIB0oao

Grega wrote :

There was a 3D Chrono Trigger remake being put together. I believe it was called Chrono Trigger Resurrection. In any case it was non profit and totally fan made. The goal was to completely recreate the game in 3D for the PC.

Square shot them down quite fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ANEBIB0oao

Yeah I remember that as well. That was such a travesty! Even the more that square enix has no intention of doing a 3D remake themselves. It's quite enfuriating. Goddamn square puppies!! XO Razz

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

such a cool game, this is great, good work Xatoku, Skatter, Zielan and Acaryus...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Looks like they're blowing all kinds of records in page visitors. They're currently nr. 1 in indie game popularity.

Keep in mind if you are looking at the top 100 that it's based on DAILY trending, not overall. It's not uncommon at all for a game with a feverish fanbase (such as one based on anime/video games) to trend more easily.

Popularity is not equatable to quality, however.

I sincerely applaud these people for their work. Hope those international commerical giants out there, feel ashamed after this!

Why would they? They have far more substance, cohesion, and actual design on their pokemon products. Not to say that this project can't go places, but right now there's very little to constructively compare.

Not going to lie. I have a great dislike for Pokemon that stems from the deepest depths of the darkest reaches of my heart, as I find it even more of a zippy unoriginal money grabbing concept than the yearly fish rehashes.

I'm likewise in agreement. I actually came from the generation BEFORE with games like Final Fantasy Legend III/Dragon Warrior (V in particular) that essentially did the same thing as Pokemon did with monster gathering/changes and so forth.

There had been a decade prior with the concepts of strength weaknesses/leveling (and even "evolving") in all sort of RPGs so when Pokemon originally released I just assumed it was a rip of those existing concepts/titles -- basically the same customizable RPGs I had been playing for years, but watered down so a younger audience could understand the mechanics/progression. Or can you have 4v8 battles in the later pokemon titles with item-equipped monsters and tactical skill combinations?

In Pokemon's humble beginnings and even in its current iterations, it has always been a way to play on existing concepts to take money rather than a heartened endeavor from a creator wanting to share a unique vision.

but never talk about the (c),is just a dream and seryus trouble would come if you exsaggerate.. be smart and continue the splendid Job you are doing Guys

You'd be surprised at how quickly knee-jerk reactions can happen. ZEQ2 got a DMCA request from Funimation in 2006 for posting one of our own renders (claimed then as one of their works). License holders can press who they'd like when they'd like to -- from what I'm heard they are actually legally required to in most cases (unless they decide it'd effect their image negatively).

Different companies (and different departments within) have been known to have different reactions. Square is notorious for sending out Cease and Desists. Capcom (in the past) was always known to be a lot more relaxed on that matter though as I recall one Mega Man mod for Quake 3 actually getting legitimate permission. Marvel is a mixed bag. I know Vox got permission from one of their departments for his SMDF mod, but later received a Cease and Desist separately from their legal department. It was humorous because he had two pdf emails (one from a law firm and one from the company) with completely different says on the matter. Just really goes to show that a company may not always be connected with how its representing law firm handles its intellectual defenses.

Yeah I remember that as well. That was such a travesty! Even the more that square enix has no intention of doing a 3D remake themselves. It's quite enfuriating. Goddamn square puppies!! XO

Handled more discretely, the Chrono Trigger Resurrection project could have released without a hitch. The real key is to not have ANY exposure during development and then just ride the wave after your initial release (ideally throwing out all content/source in the process in a completely anonymous fashion).

such a cool game, this is great, good work Xatoku, Skatter, Zielan and Acaryus...

There are quite a few conflicting rendering techniques, texture styles, and a huge problem with mesh quality (especially with smoothing groups and the outline technique they've chosen to use), but it's definitely an improvement of where it used to be. Shame they are using so many Unity addons/extensions/scripts/shaders though rather than making their own.

I know it's based on daily popularity Brad, but still zeq2lite never got close to 50.000 in one day. That's pretty insane, especially for being so early in development. They started in january something.

A lot of those views are due to the sheer popularity of the pokemon franchise and the coverage they have been getting on youtube by "letsplayers". But they wouldn't be getting all that exposure if their game wasn't inherently sound.

I agree with the stuff you said about the models, they're not perfect modellers, but hey if they want to add 151 pokemon, they have to move on. So I understand it. I've never liked that standard unity outline. It looked bad on z warrior chronicles too.

Pokemon is of course highly marketed, but anything with success is. It was never originally thought up to have a tie-in anime, but the success of the original game made it happen.

Edit: I've just checked. In all it's time on moddb Minecraft's max only ever was 27.000 in one day. Whoah. Surprised

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Outstanding! Smile

Edit: I've just checked. In all it's time on moddb Minecraft's max only ever was 27.000 in one day. Whoah. Surprised

You seem to be overreacting grossly to something extremely minor and insignificant. It's a pokemon project -- what do you expect? As with the case with ZEQ2-lite and as I said before, popularity for a franchise does not equate to quality of a project. If I ran out and made a rivaling Pokemon project right now, it would achieve similar results. It's a given. The statistics are meaningless.

They may have favorable critics, but that's mostly from people blinded by their nostalgia and desire to see/play such a product from a series they cherished. You need to trust me on this. I'm speaking purely from self-referential experience here. You can observe the EXACT same mentality on ZEQ2-lite's rating/success even though the product is pisspoor in a multitude of aspects.

If you glance it from an artistic asset, graphics programmer, or game design standpoint, they aren't exactly breaking any barriers or even matching any minimal standards.

Pokemon is of course highly marketed, but anything with success is

That's not true. Minecraft, for instance, wasn't marketed whatsoever and had ridiculous success.

Zeth wrote :
That's not true. Minecraft, for instance, wasn't marketed whatsoever and had ridiculous success.

You understood that one the other way. I ment anything gets more marketed/milked once it reaches success.

Also you're not telling me anything new here. I know the huge interest is due to franchise, I said it in my previous post.

Also you're not telling me anything new here. I know the huge interest is due to franchise, I said it in my previous post.

I know you mentioned it (as did I in my initial post). I was rehashing the point since you apparently didn't apply it when discussing the contents of your post. Your amazement/giddiness was misplaced over a trivial note that you yourself had literally just elaborated the reasoning for.

at least this guy give credits on the picture now .but in releaseonly member skatter is to important to be mentioned in description of news and release
what an big ill-mannered buffoon

1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]