Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

Dragon Ball Z test made with unity

legendbotha View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 20, 2013

TRL wrote : The problem with all your terrain so far is that all the surfaces (ground and on cliffs) are pure horizontal. And that couldn't be further from the truth. Even if you would want to make a grass plain there would be slight variations, ups and downs in the terrain.

If you use 100% flat horizontal surfaces for terrain it's always going to look like legos no matter what you do.

can you PLEASE explain better if I'm wrong do you say the terrain surface is flat ? meaning I need more bumps ? why I ask is the Namek terrain is made with the terrain tool so the surface is not really flat and the desert terrain is ZEQ2 terrain not my terrain Namek terrain is my first terrain I did sorry for my bad English

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I advise you to do some hand editing yourself.

And yes it all looks too flat.

Look at these example pictures. There isn't a single surface, cliff or ground that's completely flat. Even the areas that look flat aren't and have slight bumps. Nothing in nature is 100% horizontal or has 90° degree angles.

TRL wrote : I advise you to do some hand editing yourself.

And yes it all looks too flat.

Look at these example pictures. There isn't a single surface, cliff or ground that's completely flat. Even the areas that look flat aren't and have slight bumps. Nothing in nature is 100% horizontal or has 90° degree angles.

[img]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pictures/834532NamekURGC.png[[/img]/img]

thanks for the advice will try and do it better

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

completely agree with TRL on this point Wink ..
that looks like an earlier Namek shown in the anime(this ref).. Namek is composed of many many islands from the bigger to the smaller, and every cliff have from a little to a bigger inclination..the cliffs are not so higher but many are short.. rarely you see something horizontal except the water and ground surface(sometimes there is also a little inclination) ..

by the way good the working guys..

NELLO!! wrote : rarely you see something horizontal except the water and ground surface(sometimes there is also a little inclination) ..

Wrong! Read my post again. Razz
Ground is never horizontal, not even roads in a city.

something like this ?will it be better to try and make it 3ds max ?

Yes it's best to do manual touchs up. This now looks way too computer generated with the smoothing. I can almost see the pattern of bumping it used.

http://rapidshare.com/files/1060016619/dbztest.7z

small update on the players and so on will start redoing the Namek terrain thanks for all the advice

Majin Jake View user's profile Send private message

good work but I thing is better make the cliff and the geometry manual with less poly

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 22, 2013

Legendbotha you are doing great job,can you make single
player Story mode?

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote :

NELLO!! wrote : rarely you see something horizontal except the water and ground surface(sometimes there is also a little inclination) ..

depends.. the roads in my place are horizontal...
to you not? the ground of my home is horizontal too Laughing .. Razz

howewer talking about Namek we can definitely say that our zeq2lite Namek have a lot of Horizontal's don't you think TRL? Rolling Eyes

NELLO!! wrote :

TRL wrote :

depends.. the roads in my place are horizontal...
to you not? the ground of my home is horizontal too :*laughing out loud*: .. Razz

howewer talking about Namek we can definitely say that our zeq2lite Namek have a lot of Horizontal's don't you think TRL? Rolling Eyes

In your home sure. But in a city, you'll notice when you're riding a bike that you're always riding a little bit up or down. Don't mistake straight with horizontal.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 23, 2013

Roads are never done straight/horizontal. Trust me I know whole procedure how roads are done and what materials are used and how many layers.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 23, 2013

Buksna wrote : Roads are never done straight/horizontal. Trust me I know whole procedure how roads are done and what materials are used and how many layers.

The process itself isn't necessarily related. However, I agree with you: roads are NEVER perfectly straight or horizontal.

Reply with quote Sunday, March 24, 2013

Can I ask if aney one can convert the ships like freeza ship and the rest of them for me to obj I have 3ds max 2010 but can't open the max files keep getting error.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 25, 2013

how to play with that Vegeta?

Reply with quote Thursday, March 28, 2013

please reply fast I have to add the game to the site

Majin Jake View user's profile Send private message

you can not, we have to make a server and a client to choose character and map, for now it is just a test

just a small update made the Namek houses myself so yeah its a start

Majin Jake wrote : you can not, we have to make a server and a client to choose character and map, for now it is just a test

OKAY

so here is Namek 30% dun sorted out some small bugs.you can kill Vegeta now and I know the Namek houses is not right I made them myself.still used unity terrain so I hope you guys like it.http://rapidshare.com/files/3227912146/namek_test2.rar

legendbotha wrote : so here is Namek 30% dun sorted out some small bugs.you can kill Vegeta now and I know the Namek houses is not right I made them myself.still used unity terrain so I hope you guys like it.http://rapidshare.com/files/3227912146/namek_test2.rar

you are doing good Wink

Kakarot2550 wrote :

legendbotha wrote : so here is Namek 30% dun sorted out some small bugs.you can kill Vegeta now and I know the Namek houses is not right I made them myself.still used unity terrain so I hope you guys like it.http://rapidshare.com/files/3227912146/namek_test2.rar

you are doing good Wink

thanks guys like you who keeps me going.anyway how about you guys think up a name for the game as I am not good with names.and I want to say thanks to every one who gave me advice it means a lot to me.

I must say dude very impressive

especially the bot Smile

wow dude you are truly becoming too good Wink Very Happy
dude it is awesome expecialy namekian(or Piccolo)
and that Vegeta OH MY GOODNESS dude very nice you have my like Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy

one question though:
will it be Ofline and will it have a story mode?

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]