Content

1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

When Shenku gets Bored...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, February 14, 2013

So I was excruciatingly bored today, and had this idea still lingering in my head from yesterday while I was re-watching parts of the Cell Games off of Youtube and fiddling with some clay(Yes, I do mean with actual physical clay. I use to sculpt a lot when I was younger, especially Dragon Ball Z related things when I was super bored...), so I decided "what the heck" and barfed up this nonsense using Chi-Chi as my base model...

No name for her yet, and I'm not entirely sold on the costume design or colors just yet, but there's potential for "something" to come of this garbage...

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

UFFA I get Bored Rolling Eyes Laughing

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud*, well... She looks... pretty? Smile I guess I'll be looking forward to any updates you have. Laughing

Reply with quote Friday, February 15, 2013

After some talking it out with TRL on IRC, I decided to change the color scheme slightly, adjusted the torso's mesh a bit, added a fancy ribbon for her hair, re-unwrapped everything, and put together some quick placeholder textures... Still not sure if I want to finalize the design or colors as they are, but eh, they work for the moment...

Now the big question is, is she Human, Saiyan, or "Other"...?

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

@shenku
if you have so much time to get bored and do modelling so well, why not finish those ZEQ2 lite characters!! Rolling Eyes

RealDeal wrote : @shenku
if you have so much time to get bored and do modelling so well, why not finish those ZEQ2 lite characters!! Rolling Eyes

Because I don't feel like it. Razz

Besides, I find a free-form aimless personal project like this a touch more enjoyable than having to strictly adhere to an existing character's design. Call it "doodling" with 3D models if you will...

And got her rigged now using CAT rig so I could animate the hair... Literally almost all of the hair strands are rigged to bones to be animated...

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : I find a free-form aimless personal project like this a touch more enjoyable than having to strictly adhere to an existing character's design. Call it "doodling" with 3D models if you will...

Call me lazy, but that's kind of where I'm at right now too... Free-form is just easier.

JayREEZY wrote :

Shenku wrote : I find a free-form aimless personal project like this a touch more enjoyable than having to strictly adhere to an existing character's design. Call it "doodling" with 3D models if you will...

Call me lazy, but that's kind of where I'm at right now too... Free-form is just easier.

It's easier because you can do what ever you want, and just have fun with it without restriction.

Oh, and after a lot of tinkering around with CAT Rig, I managed to get Goku's animations onto her, and loaded up some hair animations on a separate animation layer that I can scale up and down depending on how much I want the hair to move around(for example, for powering up animations it can be scaled up to full, or down to near-zero for an idle)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdl7AGcWap4&feature=youtu.be

a great talent you have but almost wasted with not good models, this I think ..

you should finish chichi.. or maybe rig and export some SVN's never exported... the Brolly from the SVN have beautiful hair where you can use this new technique as well... or cape Piccolo with the cape,
think about it..

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Nice stuff Shenku, like I've said last night on IRC. Yes, the CAT rig was a huge jump between biped and custom skeleton building. The controllers are way better then in standard biped. Have you tried rigging the face with the CAT anytime?

NELLO!! wrote : a great talent you have but almost wasted with not good models, this I think ..

How is the model "not good"? And don't tell me it's because it's a non-cannon character, because that's not the point of this character to begin with.

This is something I wanted to do for fun. No restrictions. No adhering to a strict cannon based design. No having a purpose driven goal. Just fun. Pure, simple, unadulterated fun.

you should finish chichi.. or maybe rig and export some SVN's never exported... the Brolly from the SVN have beautiful hair where you can use this new technique as well... or cape Piccolo with the cape,
think about it..

I could do that, if I really wanted to, but my big problem of late is that I have so many projects for other people, things that I need to do based on someone else's expectations, and "soulless" tasks that I'm going out of my mind from boredom and lack of free expression. I just wanted to do something different for once to keep from going any crazier than I already have, and I wanted to do it because I wanted to do it, not because it was expected of me...

Lfs wrote : Nice stuff Shenku, like I've said last night on IRC. Yes, the CAT rig was a huge jump between biped and custom skeleton building. The controllers are way better then in standard biped. Have you tried rigging the face with the CAT anytime?

I did a few months ago for my character animation class. Actually, I was the only one in the class to use a personally made character; everyone else used Max's D-Rig default character... In fact, I did face rigs on two separate characters in that class, one of which on a model that wasn't made until half way through the term(terms being around 9-10 weeks long)... Makes me sad that everyone else had no clue how to do what I was doing...

It turned out pretty good in the 2012 version, but got broken something fierce when I tried pulling the file into 2013(something to do with the Reaction Manager being changed/broken in 2013 messed up my control panel that I had setup, and all my pre-made face layers got borked.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxA1N6M1H6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bllMhzQhC68

Overall, it was fairly easy to do, it just took a while to get all the facial targets setup properly.

Reply with quote Saturday, February 16, 2013

I could do that, if I really wanted to, but my big problem of late is that I have so many projects for other people, things that I need to do based on someone else's expectations, and "soulless" tasks that I'm going out of my mind from boredom and lack of free expression. I just wanted to do something different for once to keep from going any crazier than I already have, and I wanted to do it because I wanted to do it, not because it was expected of me...

then why did you opt to take part in so many projects then
you could have just stuck with ZEQ2 lite

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Well, it is his personal decision if he wants to finish or not. It's his own decision if he wants to give files online or not. You have no rights to push him.

Anyhow. I'm not sure if you tried the surface points controller technique (don't google it, I just made this name, because I'm not sure how actually the technique itself is called and I find this name the most logical one at least now). If you are going for high poly animating this works the best. It still requires bones for some areas, but you set up a dummy surface controller. I haven't tried it in 3dsmax, but I have some ideas how to make it alive. I just once watched a video tutorial how to do it in xsi and tried it myself, heck, it's probably the best technique in the world to do high poly face animating. And I suppose that's how they do it in film industry. If you are keen on seeing the video, just PM with your skype or msn id, so that I could sent it to you over -- it's only about 130 mb or so.

LFS Wrote Well, it is his personal decision if he wants to finish or not. It's his own decision if he wants to give files online or not. You have no rights to push him.

punish him? Laughing Laughing

RealDeal wrote :

then why did you opt to take part in so many projects then
you could have just stuck with ZEQ2 lite

Simple. Because School comes first, projects(I use the term loosely) that can make me money(potentially) come second, and hobbies(such as ZEQ2-Lite) come dead last.

Much of my time the past 3 years has been entirely consumed with school, a little bit in getting my book ready for self-publication(which it's now out, for anyone who's interested in purchasing a copy you can find it here for about $26 before shipping, I've dropped the price twice since its original release in October due to dismal sales... /shamelessplug), and the rest of my time has been spent on struggling to make enough money to keep the bills paid and myself fed while looking into other options for different lines of work that pay better than a near-minimum wage retail worker position...

So again, where does ZEQ2-Lite fall in all this? Well, it doesn't put food on the table. It doesn't pay my bills. It doesn't give me credit towards finishing school. It doesn't make my book sell better. It doesn't allow me, at 28 years old, to finally move out of my Dad's house and live on my own. It doesn't give me any further social interaction with friends who are all "grown up" now and no longer obsess over everything Dragonball related except the occasional Dragonball Z Abridged episode(And that only because it makes fun of the series. Heck, they obviously don't care when I mention I'm working on anything for this project..).

All ZEQ2-Lite does is it helps me get better at modeling/animating, but that's really about it.

/endrant

okay I understand ,I thought by projects you meant other game projects that why asked why you took part in so many

yeah your right life really annoys you once you need to earn

RealDeal wrote : okay I understand ,I thought by projects you meant other game projects that why asked why you took part in so many

yeah your right life really annoys you once you need to earn

I'm only involved with two other game projects than this one currently. One is a group endeavor called "The Phoenix Project", otherwise known as Plan Z, which was basically a community response to NCSoft shutting down Paragon Studios and City of Heroes. The other project is a personal project, for which no central development team exists beyond myself at present. Both their end goals are to make successful games that can turn a profit, something I can't do with ZEQ2-Lite.

A third and forth project exist, but were part of class assignments, and my involvement pretty much ended shortly after the conclusion of said classes.

On topic, I have Murasaki(Japanese for "Purple" according to Google Translate; yes I finally decided on a name for this character last night...) in-game now, and should have a zip file up for download later tonight once I get home from work and can fix some bugs and package everything properly..

Reply with quote Sunday, February 17, 2013

And she's up for download!

Zip file with the addon, and readme instructions is attached to the first post in this thread.

Enjoy! Cool

Edit:
Note, there are still some bugs with the character(mostly just some rotation/position issues with the weapon tag), but overall she should still function.

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : And she's up for download!

Zip file with the addon, and readme instructions is attached to the first post in this thread.

Enjoy! Cool

Edit:
Note, there are still some bugs with the character(mostly just some rotation/position issues with the weapon tag), but overall she should still function.

Awesome Work but now all the ladies will want to play ZEQ2!!

Kakarot2550 wrote :

Enjoy! Cool

Edit:

And that's a bad thing how? Razz

Shenku wrote :

Kakarot2550 wrote :

Enjoy! Cool

Edit:

And that's a bad thing how? Razz

nobody said that!!!

lets test this super pink Girl Laughing ..

NELLO!! wrote : lets test this super pink Girl :*laughing out loud*: ..

I already did Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like just the animations...(how they soft and gradual and natural are).. but I dislike the model..

1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]