<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

When Shenku gets Bored...

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 23, 2014

Of course, I'm not sure Krillin can even hit a woman under normal circumstances

exactly my point *intense laughter*

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

The thing is that mewtwo was already cheated in the 1st gen and was expected to be a legendary (as strong as mew)(even if it was an experience in the story of the game, it's a legendary for my point of view) and a legendary having an evolution is totally fiddle sticks... it's like lssj2 or ssjg2

edit: and even the term of "mega evolution" is a fiddle sticks... I stopped to follow since 3rd gen came out because it was bad.

but I don't want to debate on this x) anyway good work Smile

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote :

Of course, I'm not sure Krillin can even hit a woman under normal circumstances

exactly my point *intense laughter*

He might not be willing to hit a woman, but that doesn't mean he has to let her hit him. He's fast enough to dodge pretty much all of her attacks, and he can fly(she can't), so he could easily evade her for hours until she inevitably tires out.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

known krillin he can be lured in :p that's quite a body you made for her :3 . okay enough of my digiphilia . check out the world map thread by the way

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

in the series krillin is pretty fast even in the games krillin had some speed to him. *laughing out loud*

Reply with quote Thursday, April 09, 2015

Started working on this yesterday, finished the model a little while ago... Not perfect, but fairly close...

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 09, 2015

That look amazing so far now we need yusuke,and saint seiya

Reply with quote Friday, April 10, 2015

And rigged...

Reply with quote Friday, April 10, 2015

I begin to think it is a forum for bored peoples.. Laughing

Nice model by the way. Wink

Reply with quote Friday, April 17, 2015

Working on this since last night... Sweet jeebus I'm bored...

Reply with quote Saturday, April 18, 2015

I don't remember the details, but looks like a mix between OOT and TP zelda to me.

I want to play some TLOZ now..

That would probably be because I was using a Twilight Princess image as my reference.

Still debating if I want to keep working on it, or make something else when I get home from work today...

Anyone have any suggestions for other non-Dragon Ball Z related things I could try making? For that matter, maybe things not from anime/manga either? I need some more models in my portfolio, and preferably in different styles so I can showcase versatility for when I apply for jobs...

Sorry for the diversity, but now you passed on TLOZ theme. Laughing

And that depends your liking too. Wink

Edit: If you want some challenge. Razz (kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636)

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Sorry for the diversity, but now you passed on TLOZ theme. :*laughing out loud*:

And that depends your liking too. Wink

Edit: If you want some challenge. Razz (kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636)

I'm doing this one..
by the way off topic... ROSSI is still the best..

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Uww, I like these forms.. *slurps* Is that an yzr ?

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 07, 2015

I don't understand why you always use such bleak colors Shenku.
Is that just your stylistic preference?

Reply with quote Friday, May 08, 2015

Not exactly sure what you mean by "bleak colors", but no, it's not really a stylistic thing. It's more of a rough educated guess as to what the color "might" be. If it's a little desaturated, that's because I try to avoid obnoxiously bright colors if they don't make sense since they often don't exist in the world outside of brightly colored children's cartoons. True I often make my models in cartoon/anime style, but that doesn't mean that the colors need to be eye stabbingly bright and obnoxious.

For Zelda at least, I actually color-picked a few of those more specific colors(the purples and blues mainly) directly off of one of the promotional 3D rendered images of her model from Twilight Princess. The colors in that game were relatively desaturated to begin with, so it was more based off of my reference for the color choices than any kind of personal style.

Sailor Moon was just quick and dirty guess work though...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Shenku's Sailor Moon uses extremely saturated colors.
Shenku's Zelda uses extremely desaturated colors.

I think what Zielan is really referring to is your usage of "shading band" colors. If you'll notice his example mockups, they aren't using the typical grayscale shading band you'll find in older games/software. Setting up a manually controlled shading band per-color gives a lot richer results than just blending/darkening a grayscale one. This is used extensively in ZEQ2-lite (and practically any other non-photorealistic project we do).

So rather than doing a blend (multiply operation) of a shading ramp like this on top of your existing skin texture :

He's suggesting you manually control and use the shading band/ramp to define the exact color :

Any image I've ever rendered in 3DS Max with cel shading/outlines is using the "ink and paint" material type(which doesn't support custom cel bands), which admittedly frustrates the heck out of me sometimes, but it's the only quick way I'm aware of to generate such cel bands/outlines without having to assemble horribly complex material configurations. If you know of another method in 3DS Max though, I'd love to hear about it.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with the crappy material I've been using, which bugs the pancakes out of me...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 09, 2015

Well, you can always use a custom shader in 3dsmax or one of the plethora of shading/inking plugins out there. Even natively with Ink'n Paint, you should be able to get slightly better results by specifying your shade color.

Reply with quote Saturday, May 09, 2015

True, I suppose. I usually don't mess with the shade color itself though because I'm lazy(and I tend to forget about it...), likewise for digging around for pluggins or creating custom shaders, which I've been meaning to get into, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I'll try to make it a point going forward to put a little bit more effort into the material shading if I can though...

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Got bored while working on ZOPU's exhaustively complicated transformation mechanics, and this happened...

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 05, 2015

*doom 1 e1m1 music*

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Decided I needed to sit down and practice some more on doing male characters, since like 9 out of every 10 character models I do are female...

So I decided to make a Batman model based roughly off of the New 52 version... Although without the utility belt, Batman's torso in this styling seems kind of long, might adjust that a bit later...

Anyways, yeah, it's far from finished; I only have the general body form so far, but I need a break since I've been staring at this for the better part of 3 hours... Might finish it later today if I can work up the motivation to start on the head...

Reply with quote Saturday, October 03, 2015

Got home from work, and decided to finish this up... It's still not UVMapped yet (Except for the chest area to show the Bat symbol, which I cheated to do for the first screenshot...), and may or may not do anything else with this... I'm debating doing a sculpt off of this after doing the UV mapping, but I'm still undecided...

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]