Content

Server Error

Sector View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Hello,
I installed ZEQ2 lite revision 1536 yesterday and, what a surprise there was no server list on Internet.
I tried Master Server fix, firewall exception, etc etc.
It still doesn't show the servers, heck I even tried all revisions one by one and nothing.
Also tried Revolution 6, nothing.

I can log into the game only if I manually add server ip. I guess that means it's not the master_server files.

Here's a video I made about it etc..
Postscript: I got a new idea while making the topic, I will reset Regedit files for ZEQ2 and try it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDzo16ebXKE[/url]

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Sector wrote : Hello,
I installed ZEQ2 lite revision 1536 yesterday and, what a surprise there was no server list on Internet.
I tried Master Server fix, firewall exception, etc etc.
It still doesn't show the servers, heck I even tried all revisions one by one and nothing.
Also tried Revolution 6, nothing.

I can log into the game only if I manually add server ip. I guess that means it's not the master_server files.

Here's a video I made about it etc..
Postscript: I got a new idea while making the topic, I will reset Regedit files for ZEQ2 and try it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDzo16ebXKE[/url]

do you use Windows XP?

7 ultimate x64

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Sector wrote : 7 ultimate x64

well I got windows XP
I had problems but not like you I can't help you
sorry!

Kakarot2550 wrote :

Sector wrote : 7 ultimate x64

well I got windows XP
I had problems but not like you I can't help you
sorry!

It's okay, thanks anyway.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

If you downloaded Revision 1536 directly from the SVN (as you did), the master server fix will not be in place and will have to be separately downloaded/applied. You can still connect manually by IP even without this fix, but no servers will show up in the game's server browser.

Due to the nature of version control, there's no real way to go back and update 1536 itself. The patch that was created for it came at a later revision branch.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Why almost everyone has that problem with servers I never downloaded that master server fix and I always see those server and play without any problems

Zeth wrote : If you downloaded Revision 1536 directly from the SVN (as you did), the master server fix will not be in place and will have to be separately downloaded/applied. You can still connect manually by IP even without this fix, but no servers will show up in the game's server browser.

Due to the nature of version control, there's no real way to go back and update 1536 itself. The patch that was created for it came at a later revision branch.

Uhm, wrong. Revision 1536 doesn't require master server fix, but still, I did try that, it was the second thing I did with ScifiSpirit after I realized that no server shows.

Uhm, wrong. Revision 1536 doesn't require master server fix, but still, I did try that, it was the second thing I did with ScifiSpirit after I realized that no server shows.

1536 obtained from ModDB/standalone zips has the files pre-patched, yes, but if you just get it from the SVN at the revision marker, these files will not be modified.

Also. Psst. I created this project. I'm never wrong.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 04, 2013

Zeth wrote :

1536 obtained from ModDB/standalone zips has the files pre-patched, yes, but if you just get it from the SVN at the revision marker, these files will not be modified.

Also. Psst. I created this project. I'm never wrong.

Well, then almighty Zeth, how comes that I can't get any server on the server browser.
I did get one yesterday and when I tried to log in it DC'ed me. Then it went blank again, after I restarted client.

Postscript: I tried to log into a server and it said I got blocked?
I never been into that server before, a friend recommended it to me since its always crowded..
I've been playing one server since I got the game, the only one that I got ip.. 206.253.165.135 DB2 server.
Grats for the project, but it vacuums not being able to search for servers and be limited to one.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 04, 2013

Well, then almighty Zeth, how comes that I can't get any server on the server browser.
I did get one yesterday and when I tried to log in it DC'ed me. Then it went blank again, after I restarted client.

The server browser lists all active instances of ZEQ2-lite in listen/dedicated mode. Even if servers are using modified versions of the game (utilizing packs), they'll appear in the list. If you try to join a server with incompatible files, you'll get a similar join issue. In most cases of missing charactes, you'll simply appear as Goku or another fallback character and have gimped functionality. In cases of missing maps, you technically should not be able to join at all (although there are exceptions).

Postscript: I tried to log into a server and it said I got blocked? I never been into that server before, a friend recommended it to me since its always crowded.. I've been playing one server since I got the game, the only one that I got ip.. 206.253.165.135 DB2 server.

I'm not currently aware of active servers, but I do recall instances of quick/instaban servers floating around in the past that essentially would release a user without some kind of pre-authentication whitelist or unique alias pattern.

To ensure that it's not just something on your end, why not have your friend host a server and see if it shows up in the server list after a couple minutes. Try vice-versa with you hosting as well. There may simply not be any servers active these days. While your interest/sentiment with the project is appreciated, ZEQ2-lite was meant more for modding/editing than it was for actual playing as a game.

Reply with quote Friday, April 05, 2013

To ensure that it's not just something on your end, why not have your friend host a server and see if it shows up in the server list after a couple minutes. Try vice-versa with you hosting as well. There may simply not be any servers active these days. While your interest/sentiment with the project is appreciated, ZEQ2-lite was meant more for modding/editing than it was for actual playing as a game.

There are several active servers (24/7), ScifiSpirit gave me a link to gametracker which shows about 5-6 servers opened and some with players on it.
I will try the hosting thingy.. but I doubt it will help. It just seems weird that other people can see the server list and I can't.
Thank you for the answers, it seems I have to stick with this bug/error, or whatever it is.

You can close the topic if you want to.

Reply with quote Saturday, April 06, 2013

It just seems weird that other people can see the server list and I can't.

If you are server-browser patched, then you're either being stopped by software (firewall, hosts file, network configuration, etc.) or hardware (your router's firewall, port filtering, etc.). Although it's rare for outgoing requests to be filtered, you can try hooking directly to your modem or enabling DMZ on your router for your machine to rule out the latter.

You can close the topic if you want to.

We don't believe in closing topics or deleting threads on this forum. Someone may have more information/input to contribute years from now, after all. No point in having a dozen threads with the same topic/subject.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]