Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Super Saiyan SAVIOR

{}BardockZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Richma wrote : so make it better don't be angered your aura color looks okay but you need more work on the head like TRL already said Razz

well he is one of ZEQ2 creators I think I'm doing well against him his gokus eyes look a bit derpy though.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Just use those refs and give us updates Wink

Richma wrote : Just use those refs and give us updates Wink

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

so why are their two people doing a Super Saiyan Lloyd *stunned*

ssj6vegeta wrote : so why are their two people doing a Super Saiyan Lloyd *stunned*

addon battle Laughing

these are the eyes you wanted?

Richma View user's profile Send private message

{Ls}Jammin' Jelly Jacob wrote :

ssj6vegeta wrote : so why are their two people doing a Super Saiyan Lloyd *stunned*

addon battle :*laughing out loud*:

NO Razz

VLadD View user's profile Send private message

addon battle :*laughing out loud*:

The best quality ever.... first learn Photoshop and modelling and than do sth....And this is page of TRL so all your updates show in your thread....

TRL wrote : Not much, some body proportions. Symbol on the gi, different belt.

These are the refs I am using.

His transformation and aura looks like ninetail transformation Naruto first form only hair not change

behold!

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Paikuhan pupills Laughing

NELLO!! wrote : Paikuhan pupills :*laughing out loud*:

true story Laughing

NELLO!! wrote : Paikuhan pupills :*laughing out loud*:

ahahaha yes

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Ah but you lost the no mipmap because you just put skin color on the modeled eyes. It really does need model edits, no way around it.

TRL wrote : Ah but you lost the no mipmap because you just put skin color on the modeled eyes. It really does need model edits, no way around it.

mehhhhhhhhhh okay fine

TRL wrote : Ah but you lost the no mipmap because you just put skin color on the modeled eyes. It really does need model edits, no way around it.

Am I doing well? I think I'll finish the eyes tomorrow.

EDIT: I FIXED THE EYES SIZE I'll model them propley tomorrow.

here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAw1es2oOUk&feature=youtu.be

TRL will you realise this only for ZEQ2 unity?

Well I need a way to accurately portray the shadows cast in this form. The lightsource seems to almost come from below.
I also need a way to add that thin yellow glow around his body.
And I need a way to create that fiery aura that shows up everywhere around and behind Goku. It would likely also need a sprite that is animated to give that burning look.
Zeq2lite's aura system isn't adequate for that.

So unless someone codes these changes into zeq2lite, yes this will probably only be released together with ZEQ2 unity.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

yes I agree.. is that the major problem, the aura..
but I could have some ideas to make it TRL..even in lite.. nothing of sure but I could try..

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Well I need a way to accurately portray the shadows cast in this form. The lightsource seems to almost come from below.
I also need a way to add that thin yellow glow around his body.
And I need a way to create that fiery aura that shows up everywhere around and behind Goku. It would likely also need a sprite that is animated to give that burning look.
Zeq2lite's aura system isn't adequate for that.

So unless someone codes these changes into zeq2lite, yes this will probably only be released together with ZEQ2 unity.

I highly doubt those are things that will ever get added to ZEQ2-Lite, but I think they are possible in ZEQ2 with Unity. The fiery aura would be handled with a carfully created particle systems linked to various parts of the character's rigging in Unity, and the yellow glow could be accomplished in one of several ways.

The easiest I can think of being able to get a glow effect, would be a duplicate model to the base character that is scaled slightly outwards so that each polygon is about an inch or so above the base model, flip the faces to face inwards, and setup some kind of custom lighting and glowing material that can be switched on and off.

I've been doing some experimenting with particle systems in UDK in my spare time(different engine, but probably not too disimilar to Unity), and have been able to achieve a semi-fair approximation of a Dragonball Z style aura, but it's far from perfect. It's possible some of this might be able to transfer over to Unity, but I haven't learned enough about Unity's particle systems or scripting yet to test the same principles...

Anyways, your edits look pretty good so far, TRL, I'm eagerly waiting to see how it looks when you finish it. Smile

Thanks Shenku, your tips are definitely going to come in handy when we get to that point.

Feel free to experiment in unity's particle system on that aura. Smile

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Thanks Shenku, your tips are definitely going to come in handy when we get to that point.

Just did a quick test using a frame-by-frame animated aura I was tinkering with before with ZEQ2-Lite(took the normal aura spike, and used liquify with the "animate" option checked in Gimp and just smudged it around a little...), reconfigured into one texture sheet and popped it into Unity...

http://youtu.be/-GXLGlamENE

It's not terrible, but it could use some more love, and definitely needs to be made to overlap... Couldn't get rid of the white core unfortunately(something to do with blending modes, which I haven't fully figured out yet), which is not present in any of the images I've seen of Goku's new red-orange aura...

TRL wrote : Thanks Shenku, your tips are definitely going to come in handy when we get to that point.

TRL sama I want to thank you for making me go this far with my Super Saiyan God without your critiquing it wouldn't of gotten this good.

TRL sama I want to thank you for making me go this far with my Super Saiyan God without your critiquing it wouldn't of gotten this good.

UPDATE

I can't highlight the eyes propley Confused I use misfit only.

TRL SAMA I CHALLENGE YOU TO ANOTHER ADDON DUEl!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_mf9hZzh4&feature=youtu.be

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Just did a quick test using a frame-by-frame animated aura I was tinkering with before with ZEQ2-Lite(took the normal aura spike, and used liquify with the "animate" option checked in Gimp and just smudged it around a little...), reconfigured into one texture sheet and popped it into Unity...

It's not terrible, but it could use some more love, and definitely needs to be made to overlap... Couldn't get rid of the white core unfortunately(something to do with blending modes, which I haven't fully figured out yet), which is not present in any of the images I've seen of Goku's new red-orange aura...

The problem with using a conventional particle system method for an aura (your example, Dragon Ball Z commercial games, Earth Special Forces, etc) is that you really just end up creating a glorified flame/fire effect. While a controlled variation of this COULD be used to represent early aura instances from the series, it's not really going to ever win any medals in terms of accurately representing the effect compared to a more fleshed-out, non-conventional technique designed specifically for it.

All in all, it's a nice attempt and I DO certainly hope you continue to explore particle systems more (in general), but doing an aura in this manner is pretty cliche when approached without considering contour/silhouette preservation and skeleton-influenced path constraints.

Zeth wrote :

The problem with using a conventional particle system method for an aura (your example, Dragon Ball Z commercial games, Earth Special Forces, etc) is that you really just end up creating a glorified flame/fire effect. While a controlled variation of this COULD be used to represent early aura instances from the series, it's not really going to ever win any medals in terms of accurately representing the effect compared to a more fleshed-out, non-conventional technique designed specifically for it.

All in all, it's a nice attempt and I DO certainly hope you continue to explore particle systems more (in general), but doing an aura in this manner is pretty cliche when approached without considering contour/silhouette preservation and skeleton-influenced path constraints.

*laughing out loud* Zeth funny avartar.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]