Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Super Saiyan SAVIOR

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shenku wrote :
I've been doing some experimenting with particle systems in UDK in my spare time(different engine, but probably not too disimilar to Unity), and have been able to achieve a semi-fair approximation of a Dragonball Z style aura, but it's far from perfect.

http://youtu.be/Q_JomDWqzd0

Did some more tweaks on the aura I was tinkering with in UDK, and it's a little better than it was, though it's still not perfect... Sorry for the small size in the video, but Fraps and UDK don't play nice together it seems...

This uses a combination of 10 separate points on the character mesh for generating the particles from a series of "sockets", which are similar to ZEQ2-Lite's aura tags only instead of creating an envelope around the character, it's creating the particles from each socket and following the particle's settings to achieve the effect(some outward, downward, and a lot of upward movement, mostly in that order).

The next trick that took me some time to figure out, was layering the aura so that you could have a more solid "white core" to the aura behind the character as the auras will sometimes appear in the series, but without obstructing the character from view, and adding an additional layer on top to give the effect of the aura spikes going in front of the character as well.

The solution to achieving this was setting up a camera offset on the particle system itself and the material used to render the textures, -20 units for the rear aura particles, +40 for the ones in front. So despite appearing behind Goku in this video, they are actually centered around each of those sockets/tags, which is why even when I rotated the view, they remained behind him.

The next step, of course, is to see if I can translate this technique over to Unity, as I'm sure it's something we'd want for ZEQ2...

Anyways, I'm done derailing this thread, if I have anything further to add, I'll make a separate thread for it... Embarassed

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Zeth wrote :

Just did a quick test using a frame-by-frame animated aura I was tinkering with before with ZEQ2-Lite(took the normal aura spike, and used liquify with the "animate" option checked in Gimp and just smudged it around a little...), reconfigured into one texture sheet and popped it into Unity...

http://youtu.be/-GXLGlamENE

It's not terrible, but it could use some more love, and definitely needs to be made to overlap... Couldn't get rid of the white core unfortunately(something to do with blending modes, which I haven't fully figured out yet), which is not present in any of the images I've seen of Goku's new red-orange aura...

The problem with using a conventional particle system method for an aura (your example, Dragon Ball Z commercial games, Earth Special Forces, etc) is that you really just end up creating a glorified flame/fire effect. While a controlled variation of this COULD be used to represent early aura instances from the series, it's not really going to ever win any medals in terms of accurately representing the effect compared to a more fleshed-out, non-conventional technique designed specifically for it.

All in all, it's a nice attempt and I DO certainly hope you continue to explore particle systems more (in general), but doing an aura in this manner is pretty cliche when approached without considering contour/silhouette preservation and skeleton-influenced path constraints.

Technically, what I've really been trying to capture with my testing is the look and feel of the early auras. Later iterations would require a different approach, most definitely, and different aura types would need to be melded together to get a cohesive system put together.

Personally, I like the fiery look to some of the early auras, and Kai-Ken's appearance especially. To me at least, it felt like some of the fluidness to the fights was lost when the auras became uniform cacti looking rings of light around the characters...

There's suppose to be some kind of bone/socket attractor system for particles in UDK that at least in theory sounds like it could get the "bubble effect" auras from later in the series, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work just yet as all testing I've done has produced nil.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 18, 2013

algo nuevo TRL?...

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

finally a good but stretched picture(avatar) of you.. Wink

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

Bardock, PM me that Goku model, I'll make his legs and arms skinnier and fix the eyes.

Nemix wrote : Bardock, PM me that Goku model, I'll make his legs and arms skinnier and fix the eyes.

kind of lazy with a request like that.. Laughing I think is better restart anything to be honest but all Really...

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

my avatar is gone Sad

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Technically, what I've really been trying to capture with my testing is the look and feel of the early auras. Later iterations would require a different approach, most definitely, and different aura types would need to be melded together to get a cohesive system put together.

Personally, I like the fiery look to some of the early auras, and Kai-Ken's appearance especially. To me at least, it felt like some of the fluidness to the fights was lost when the auras became uniform cacti looking rings of light around the characters...

There's suppose to be some kind of bone/socket attractor system for particles in UDK that at least in theory sounds like it could get the "bubble effect" auras from later in the series, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work just yet as all testing I've done has produced nil.

The problem with creating an aura this way was never the color or spike definition, but rather the overall shape preservation and flow. Right now, you (and everyone else using a similar approach) just have loose particles being created and moving outwards. A Dragon Ball Z aura, for the most part, is one solid piece where spikes follow a path in order to reach a specific point. The distinction between the early series aura and the later series ones is that the path that's followed is more curvy/wispy/fire-like compared to a structured line-path setup in later ones.

One constant is that the aura always should be in the shape of the player/skeleton regardless of pose/animation (which is one way things like the circle aura mutation gets created), should always consider how bottom/feet area portions are handled since they have special rules, and should ALWAYS be a flowing contoured design and not just loose particles/spikes flying on a path.

Alex and I devised one possible implementation for achieving this base cohesive structure in the past, but there are still extensions needed on top of the technique to account for a couple different aura instances. Again, it's been clear since our exploration into aura handling as far back as 2007 that a standard particle system won't do the trick without silhouette-pathing based on a skeleton and some manner of connectivity mechanism between particles.

{}BardockZ View user's profile Send private message

Nemix wrote : Bardock, PM me that Goku model, I'll make his legs and arms skinnier and fix the eyes.

Dude if I wanted to make him skinner its a piece of cake but Dragon Ball heroes Super Saiyan God Goku just looks funny skinny I prefer him how he is as for the eyes I never ask for help on my stuff I never watched 1 tutorial I like it that way, but if I fail I will ask for your help but I'm not done yet...

NELLO!! wrote :

kind of lazy with a request like that.. :*laughing out loud*: I think is better restart anything to be honest but all Really...

*laughing out loud*?

Jammin' Jelly Jacob, all I want to know is... why you are posting your stuff in this thread?, why don't you create your own thread for your work?...

AnTy wrote : Jammin' Jelly Jacob, all I want to know is... why you are posting your stuff in this thread?, why don't you create your own thread for your work?...

Because I asked trl to beat my Super Saiyan God and he did so I made a new one current one to beat his I don't make a thread because I got people saying WHY MAKE A THREAD IF there's NO DOWNLOAD! I'm showing this to trl not ZEQ2 community...

and UPDATE I fixed gokus pupils and modeled Goku's eyes a bit in misfit...

you could send him a PM...

anyway... TRL how is going this character?...

AnTy wrote : you could send him a PM...

who do you thinks Goku is better currently?

TRL wrote : Well I need a way to accurately portray the shadows cast in this form. The lightsource seems to almost come from below.
I also need a way to add that thin yellow glow around his body.
And I need a way to create that fiery aura that shows up everywhere around and behind Goku. It would likely also need a sprite that is animated to give that burning look.
Zeq2lite's aura system isn't adequate for that.

So unless someone codes these changes into zeq2lite, yes this will probably only be released together with ZEQ2 unity.

TRL this aura is even more improbable because Super Saiyan God aura changes shape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkZqGMS20c

{Ls}Jammin' Jelly Jacob wrote :

TRL's one... ssjg0d transformation is not just a hair/eyes recolor...

AnTy wrote :

TRL's one... ssjg0d transformation is not just a hair/eyes recolor...

Recolor? it has new shaders and the texture 2 the eyes were made and modeled 2 mine has a time limit 3 its badass 4 trls is mostly Goku recolor... my hairs also is edited if you LOOK! the eyes are not recolourd what the heck! they are completely new eyes -_-

if you don't like my answers why you ask me?...

AnTy wrote : if you don't like my answers why you ask me?...

Because I didn't think you'd say something false if you explained why trl sama's was better I would've liked that but you just say mines a recolor when some of it is modeled it has new textures and shaders...and a time limit and fire aura -_-

and SHOW ME PARTS TRL HAS MODELED that I already haven't -_- my shaders are cooler to *laughing out loud*.

Because I didn't think you'd say something false if you explained why trl sama's was better I would've liked that but you just say mines a recolor when some of it is modeled it has new textures and shaders...and a time limit and fire aura -_-

and SHOW ME PARTS TRL HAS MODELED that I already haven't -_- my shaders are cooler to *laughing out loud*.

Point blank, I agree with Anty, TRL's is by far much better than yours. He put a lot more work into the model than you did, his textures look spot on, and his is much more accurate than yours.

Yours has very large pupils, the head is only slightly modified and looks odd, and isn't anywhere close to where it should be. What you need to do is gather some references and truly study them before trying to make something, other wise you're going to have a lot of trouble achieving any sort of accuracy.

let's say the truth.. TRL did just a sketch..I can really look forward to how will look once done.. just for a Fast try ,because he did in this way,cut in half head,symmetry, added and moved vertices next Uvwmap and texturing, following some good Refs.. that wouldn't take so long.. he did fast infact still unfinished but really Promising.. (as I said are you Crazy?!) *laughing out loud* ,something jumped in his head for 5 min and he probably wanted to give a model to the Super Saiyan lloyd..was really motivated in those 45 minutes I think..Wink

you Bardock just need more experience and staying here you will improve(not bad for your fantasy but you have to look much more, you have to focus)..

Shenku wrote :

Point blank, I agree with Anty, TRL's is by far much better than yours. He put a lot more work into the model than you did, his textures look spot on, and his is much more accurate than yours.

Yours has very large pupils, the head is only slightly modified and looks odd, and isn't anywhere close to where it should be. What you need to do is gather some references and truly study them before trying to make something, other wise you're going to have a lot of trouble achieving any sort of accuracy.

thanks for explaining it to me propley nello and shenku, but you're wrong about the eyes... those eyes I measured exactly from this Goku eyes as for pupils means the middle part in the eye are you talking about that? or the eye its self?

Shenku wrote :

thanks for explaining it to me propley nello and shenku, but you're wrong about the eyes... those eyes I measured exactly from this Goku eyes as for pupils means the middle part in the eye are you talking about that? or the eye its self?

Actually, all three, the pupil, the iris, and the eye shape/size as well, are all off. Like I said, you need to more carefully examine some reference images to get it to look better. Right now it just looks odd and inaccurate...

at the end is just a paint work, everyone can do that...

and TRL's one (talking about the head/face and I'm not sure about the hair) is made from scratch... anyway Nello and Shenku already said that...

Reply with quote Friday, April 19, 2013

Mystick Gohan from Anty + my (AKT) adult Gohan Face and Goku hair..
at least this body is better... but I don't really understand the Point of edit the Laces on the boots..

I think I will make a FInal Goku once and for all for me..

Following only the best refs, and is the Goku I loved more than all the others.. Normal to Super Saiyan(the TRue)..
just show some of those refs to make understand what is jumped in my head.. the accuracy of those refs.. to me this is the best Goku ever drawn..(just like Vs frieza 100% android19, cell and vs Paikuhan).. you will see what next in my thread don't worry..
can also delete this post if is not Right for this thread...

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]