Content

1, 2  >>

Time to settle this.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 17, 2013

Many people around here know full well the story of Goku's past. He was an orphaned Saiyan child who narrowly escaped his planet's destruction, and landed on earth where he eventually grew up to become one of Earth's greatest heroes.

But he's not the only one.

You see, that's the often touted debate that nerdkind has been arguing about for years. Ever since the debate began, it became apparent that Goku's story was not so unique. You see, another orphaned baby also narrowly escaped his planet's destruction, and also landed on Earth where he grew up to become one of earth's greatest heroes.

His name is Kal-El, although his adopted parents renamed him Clark Kent. Of course, the majority of the world knows him better as Superman.

So, backdrop out of the way, let's get down to it. Superman and Goku have had an unspoken rivalry for years, and since I've been inspired by the new movie, Man of Steel, to make something different, I think it's about time, in ZEQ2-Lite anyways, to settle this dispute, and see who the greatest hero of Earth really is.

I'm laying down the gauntlet, and will be releasing this addon later this week for you to nerd-rage over. (I still need to finish up his animations and his attacks) Let's settle this once and for all, the only way warriors can. By beating the trash out of each other in a no-holds-barred fight until only one's left standing. Wink

Edit: After months of procrastination, I'm uploading the 3DS files and textures(ONLY!) for this project, along with an extra "surprise" project. He's mostly animated already, all that's left is weapon tag/attack animations, and attack meshes(likewise for the "extra" bonus character). Anyone who wants to take these files and complete them is welcome to, just remember to give me credit if you do!

vegeta183 View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : Many people around here know full well the story of Goku's past. He was an orphaned Saiyan child who narrowly escaped his planet's destruction, and landed on earth where he eventually grew up to become one of Earth's greatest heroes.

You see, that's the often touted debate that nerdkind has been arguing about for years. Ever since the debate began, it became apparent that Goku's story was not so unique. You see, another orphaned baby also narrowly escaped his planet's destruction, and also landed on Earth where he grew up to become one of earth's greatest heroes.

His name is Kal-El, although his adopted parents renamed him Clark Kent. Of course, the majority of the world knows him better as Superman.

So, backdrop out of the way, let's get down to it. Superman and Goku have had an unspoken rivalry for years, and since I've been inspired by the new movie, Man of Steel, to make something different, I think it's about time, in ZEQ2-Lite anyways, to settle this dispute, and see who the greatest hero of Earth really is.

I'm laying down the gauntlet, and will be releasing this addon later this week for you to nerd-rage over. (I still need to finish up his animations and his attacks) Let's settle this once and for all, the only way warriors can. By beating the trash out of each other in a no-holds-barred fight until only one's left standing. Wink

is this a model that you're going to release soon........

vegeta183 wrote : is this a model that you're going to release soon........

Try reading my post again...

Shenku wrote :
I'm laying down the gauntlet, and ->>>will be releasing this addon later this week<<<- for you to nerd-rage over. (I still need to finish up his animations and his attacks) Let's settle this once and for all, the only way warriors can. By beating the trash out of each other in a no-holds-barred fight until only one's left standing. Wink

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : Try reading my post again...

why you wrote all that story/explanation if all they care are the pictures?... for that reason they never get the point... anyway good work shenku, all I hope is no-one make a SupermanGod transformation...

AnTy wrote :

why you wrote all that story/explanation if all they care are the pictures?... for that reason they never get the point... anyway good work shenku, all I hope is no-one make a SupermanGod transformation...

I wrote it for the people who actually take the time to read the posts. The pictures were for the ones who are too lazy to read. Wink Rolling Eyes

Zay View user's profile Send private message

You should actually make a current Superman and not the one from the old cartoon.
More actual anatomy and not just upper body strength.
I'm sure you can find plenty of references for him online.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote :

AnTy wrote :

I wrote it for the people who actually take the time to read the posts. The pictures were for the ones who are too lazy to read. Wink Rolling Eyes

hahah yeah, anyway the story is really good, and it's a great idea a fight between Goku vs superman in ZEQ2-lite, I will download the character for sure... anyway I wanna try something different with the shading for that one...

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* superman don't stand against Goku.

Zay wrote : You should actually make a current Superman and not the one from the old cartoon.

I decided on this style because it's the one I'm most familiar with currently since I've been re-watching a lot of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited on Netflix, so I've seen enough of this specific look to get a good feel for it more so than how he looks in comics or newer cartoons. Really though, this is mostly how he's usually been depicted in cartoon form since those two cartoons, so I might as well go with the "standard look".

Besides, his bizarre proportions were good practice for heavily stylized modeling. Razz

{}BardockZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shenku wrote :

Zay wrote : You should actually make a current Superman and not the one from the old cartoon.

I decided on this style because it's the one I'm most familiar with currently since I've been re-watching a lot of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited on Netflix, so I've seen enough of this specific look to get a good feel for it more so than how he looks in comics or newer cartoons. Really though, this is mostly how he's usually been depicted in cartoon form since those two cartoons, so I might as well go with the "standard look".

Besides, his bizarre proportions were good practice for heavily stylized modeling. Razz

Great work Very Happy I see you used this version of superman for your main refs but I prefer the original

the reason I like this best is because the body shape is more realistic as well as the face.

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

east or west Goku is best Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed

and I like the bit realistic super man better Smile the cartoon one is just too big Confused

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

I prefer the anime one that shenku did..because the realistic one will looks off from the anime Feel,and will look off too ingame, really 2 different world,but as did shenku is fine seems too a dragonball character with this style.. what about making a Superman Dragonball-IZED Laughing with dragonball eyes style and head,will look cool..now that you make me think,well a kind of superman we saw in Dragonball and ARALE ,SUPPOMAN
the HERO of pickled plums (tryied a translation from the Italian name) Laughing

putchi20 View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : Many people around here know full well the story of Goku's past. He was an orphaned Saiyan child who narrowly escaped his planet's destruction, and landed on earth where he eventually grew up to become one of Earth's greatest heroes.

sorry but are you trying to make ZEQ 2 to a screwattack or mugen related gamepack?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : I prefer the anime one that shenku did..because the realistic one will looks off from the anime Feel,and will look off too ingame, really 2 different world,but as did shenku is fine seems too a dragonball character with this style.. what about making a Superman Dragonball-IZED :*laughing out loud*: with dragonball eyes style and head,will look cool..now that you make me think,well a kind of superman we saw in Dragonball and ARALE ,SUPPOMAN
the HERO of pickled plums (tryied a translation from the Italian name) :*laughing out loud*:

Haha yeah awesome Nello! We need a suppaman Very Happy

Nice work there shenku. The model looks really good.

nangaZ View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* superman, how about the Avengers and Batman Laughing

nangaZ wrote : *laughing out loud* superman, how about the Avengers and Batman :*laughing out loud*:

I think someone was working on the Avengers for some other kind of project in the Fan Projects section (Civil War based game or something like that?), and let's be honest here; as awesome as Batman is, Goku would punch him once and wonder why he just exploded...

Different leagues entirely.

The only reason Batman is able to stand up to Superman is because he carries around Kryptonite with him all the time, or he's using a power armored suit (Go Watch "The Dark Night Returns" Part 1 and 2 if you haven't already!). Without those two things, Batman isn't as much of a challenge for the big guy.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

A couple of refs if you need.

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

the only lacking person who wears underway outside of his pants is superman..
I wonder why?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I decided on this style because it's the one I'm most familiar with currently since I've been re-watching a lot of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited on Netflix

Funny that. I actually never was much of a comic/superhero fan until more recent years when I came across Young Justice. Subsequently, last December I ended up marathon'ing through your two mentioned series as well.

The only reason Batman is able to stand up to Superman is because he carries around Kryptonite with him all the time, or he's using a power armored suit (Go Watch "The Dark Night Returns" Part 1 and 2 if you haven't already!). Without those two things, Batman isn't as much of a challenge for the big guy.

Exactly.

I do truly believe Superman can beat everyone in the Dragon Ball Z Universe.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I do truly believe Superman can beat everyone in the Dragon Ball Z Universe.

Largely depends on which iteration of Superman and under what conditions the fight took place. I don't think this thread is really devoted towards such a discussion though. It's primarily to promote Shenku's Superman adaptation as well as to likely produce a mock battle/video to his own liking.

Alright but... I have to make a thread...

this superman will have laser eye only.. maybe thunder clap too Laughing

ivanhoeGT wrote : this superman will have laser eye only.. maybe thunder clap too :*laughing out loud*:

He can have other attacks as well. Though like Klingon mating rituals in Star Trek, it's mostly just going to be throwing things. Heavy things...

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shenku wrote :

ivanhoeGT wrote : this superman will have laser eye only.. maybe thunder clap too :*laughing out loud*:

He can have other attacks as well. Though like Klingon mating rituals in Star Trek, it's mostly just going to be throwing things. Heavy things...

make him throw the car in landing map

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]