Content

1, 2  >>

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z 2014

DarkPrince_92 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Look it! Tokyo Game Show Trailer
TRAILER 2!!! In English

Apparently a new Dragon Ball Z game coming this fall, featuring new Team battle features. Up to 8 players (I'm assuming 4v4) gameplay similar to Zenkai Battle Royale. Even team battles versus a big boss, like the Oozaru Vegeta you see there. Looks awesome. Some of us did want a console version of Zenkai Battle Royale

Initial thoughts: Awesome. Like the graphics, no more Raging Blast/UT (which were updated Tenkaichi 1-3) character models. The fact that more than two characters can play simulataneously, sweet (I'm sure 1v1 is still a thing). I'm hoping for the best, I'm sure having 2 years development means something here. Hopefully FULLY ANIMATED CUTSCENES, and NOT cutscenes created off the game engine.

UPDATED: AWESOME!!!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

This might be the game I always wanted if the team play is executed well. The graphics look better than those semirealistic ones from the past. It's like a more detailed anime look. They could be on to something here. If the giant characters actually have realistic hitboxes and enable real interacting, color me impressed.

One thing they should try to take from zeq2lite's book (which is too late now) is having different colors of shading like we do. Now it's all just this grimey dark shade that they just blend with everything. I'm sure they could come up with a system similar to ours or even better. They're paid to do it. Then again high end celshaded games like nino kuni (studio ghibli) or the naruto games don't have it either. So maybe they really can't figure it out and we are unique. Razz

I know. You guys pulled off the anime look after much development, I don't see why they couldn't.

For example the Super Saiyan lloyd form really needs the exact colors to look remotely interesting. The colors on this scan just make him look like a bland red hair color swap, just like he looked in zenkai battle royale.

vegeta183 View user's profile Send private message

is it English...........................

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : This might be the game I always wanted if the team play is executed well. The graphics look better than those semirealistic ones from the past. It's like a more detailed anime look. They could be on to something here. If the giant characters actually have realistic hitboxes and enable real interacting, color me impressed.

One thing they should try to take from zeq2lite's book (which is too late now) is having different colors of shading like we do. Now it's all just this grimey dark shade that they just blend with everything. I'm sure they could come up with a system similar to ours or even better. They're paid to do it. Then again high end celshaded games like nino kuni (studio ghibli) or the naruto games don't have it either. So maybe they really can't figure it out and we are unique. Razz

exactly what I wanted to say,but with my Bad English Laughing

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

I hope it will be like zenkai battle royal just a bit better!

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

can't wait, imagine a Postscript vita emulator, we would be able to play this on pc, yeah but it would be better on PlayStation 3 and xbox

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 20, 2013

Click on the picture above for a full screenshot by the way Razz

Finally updated them character models.

I'm digging that ssjgod render a lot more. Very stylised.
But obviously those renders is not how they're going to look ingame.

bills also ingame!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=411751392273898&set=vb.301745026607869&type=2&theater

yep its battle of z gameplay *intense laughter*

That's zenkai battle royale.

Ah laguna, we can always trust on you to dish out false information.

oh stuff you right remove my post brother

didn't knew zenkai had these kind of huds and stuff *super intense laughter* those behinds

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

this game is going to be the bet Dragon Ball Z commercial Game,I can feel this.. a dream that will be TRuth Wink

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : this game is going to be the bet Dragon Ball Z commercial Game,I can feel this.. a dream that will be TRuth Wink

better than Budokai Tenkaichi 3?

most likely

Reply with quote Friday, June 21, 2013

UPDATED! Trailer in first post.

elektronas View user's profile Send private message

I recommend you not buy it. "Next gen" consoles are coming out soon, so the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 will be forgotten soon enough.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

[quote="LegendarySS4"]The models Confused Like Frieza's face, what the heck?!
Why is Krillin fighting with Super Saiyan Goku against Frieza?
Developers are Artdink -
Here's what Treevax said
Here's what he said " I'm not fond of the 3D models (shape), they are less beautiful that the Spike ones. Especially for Freeza. I think it's due to the size of the mouth, they are too small compared to the overall face. The battlegrounds textures seem a little strange, also.

The gameplay seems very dynamic. I'm just afraid that ARTDINK completely mess with the respect of the Dragon Ball official story just because of this 4vs4 possibility. If the footage is from the storymode, Krilin's death is the reason why Gokuû turned Super Saiyan, why is he still here fighting?

But hey, it could have been far worse! *laughing out loud*. Nevertheless, you'll still have me on your back, giving you guys constructive cricicisms!

See you at the Japan Expo! "

Though it's debut, let's see some more before making our final conclusion.

Here's additional Screenshots

Heh I don't care if the story is right one bit. They can mess with it all they want.
This looks slam fun to play especially the parts where you see multiple guys flying around an Oozaru and hitting it in different places. Really looks like accurate Dragon Ball Z mêlée so far. Even more so than Budokai Tenkaichi 3 achieved.

They seem to be going for a street fighter 4 kind of style. I like the models it's fresh and new. Although the aren't going for accuracy either like the previous 2 games at least they put up a decent alternative style. Which reminds me actually of that awesome intro of the first sparking game.

PokemonFan View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Heh I don't care if the story is right one bit. They can mess with it all they want.
This looks slam fun to play especially the parts where you see multiple guys flying around an Oozaru and hitting it in different places. Really looks like accurate Dragon Ball Z mêlée so far. Even more so than Budokai Tenkaichi 3 achieved.

They seem to be going for a street fighter 4 kind of style. I like the models it's fresh and new. Although the aren't going for accuracy either like the previous 2 games at least they put up a decent alternative style. Which reminds me actually of that awesome intro of the first sparking game.

at the end of the video Vegeta and Goku look lacking
Shocked 1:35 - 1:38

I'm going to force my brother to get me this game, can't wait

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

The shading ingame reminds me of some of the earlier ZEQ2 shading styles we experimented with while transitioning (soft + hard) -- a bit too messy/busy to convey depth clearly.

Really looks like accurate Dragon Ball Z mêlée so far.

Why do you say that? The mêlée still looks mostly like a standard fighter game to me. I didn't see any proper sequence mêlée or speed mêlée bouts therein to convey accurate series representations. I'm not saying it won't be enjoyable, just that it's not an accurate reflection.

TRL wrote : But obviously those renders is not how they're going to look ingame.

are* not how

in official facebook site they say soon in America .but what about Europe !?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=191869754305072

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]