Content

Rigging Help

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 29, 2013

While working on a rig, I noticed that on the hands there is always one stray vertex that will not move, or will move only slightly when I assign it to the proper link. I repeatedly reassigned and unassigned that vertex but could never seem to figure it out.

After tinkering with it long enough, it always ends up dragging the physique of a finger or two of forcing me to delete my physique and begin anew.

Any ideas on how I could fix this. (I'm aware that I could always just start over and better place my biped and if it comes down to that I will, but I would be pleased if anyone could provide an alternate solution as that would add to my somewhat meager collection of rigging knowledge.

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 29, 2013

Djosama wrote : While working on a rig, I noticed that on the hands there is always one stray vertex that will not move, or will move only slightly when I assign it to the proper link. I repeatedly reassigned and unassigned that vertex but could never seem to figure it out.

After tinkering with it long enough, it always ends up dragging the physique of a finger or two of forcing me to delete my physique and begin anew.

Any ideas on how I could fix this. (I'm aware that I could always just start over and better place my biped and if it comes down to that I will, but I would be pleased if anyone could provide an alternate solution as that would add to my somewhat meager collection of rigging knowledge.

hmm nice you are using physique modifier like me. I am master of physique Very Happy . there is option unlock vertices in vertices section of physique modifier use it you can even lock vertices so that unnecessary mesh don't bind with you're bone.
but I suggest to learn skin modifier because everyone says skin is much better than physique I am still trying to learn it. in our community gigris50 is master of skin modifier you can pm him for help or tip or wait for his tutorial he is going to release video tutorial on it soon.

Reply with quote Monday, July 01, 2013

Heh heh, I've actually tried the unlock assignments option to no avail, but thank you. I'll ask gigris50.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 03, 2013

It sounds like the weighting is being assigned to the wrong bone, or maybe something got partially corrupted with your physique modifier, but I'd have to look at it to know for sure...

Have you tried using the Skin modifier instead to see if it makes a difference? I use the Skin modifier pretty exclusively now, since it works so much nicer than Physique(and almost every teacher I had at school for my 3D classes prefers Skin over Physique), and is a lot easier to work with for individual vertex weighting for issues like this to find out what's wrong...

If you want, you can send me the file, and I'll take a look at it and tell you what's wrong and how to fix it. (I'd prefer not to just fix it for you, because then you don't learn how to do it for yourself if it ever comes up again...)

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 04, 2013

skin modifier does the job good but its kind of quite simple if you go for physic modifier it gives you more options but more oppurtunaty for errors Smile Embarassed

DEATHSTAR 183 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 06, 2013

problems in ZEQ2 revolutMan! I am talking about th ZEQ2 Revolution Gold Edition have some problem's I see that's there some texture's are missing and the avatars are not that nice but.....
the effects are cool and character's are all same with the size of the background wallpapaer well I am amking ZEQ2 mission to Deathstar there you wills ee the ap when a diffrenet dimmension apppr whith deathstar with gives garlic and his force power infinity...ion gold edition

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Shenku wrote : It sounds like the weighting is being assigned to the wrong bone, or maybe something got partially corrupted with your physique modifier, but I'd have to look at it to know for sure...

Have you tried using the Skin modifier instead to see if it makes a difference? I use the Skin modifier pretty exclusively now, since it works so much nicer than Physique(and almost every teacher I had at school for my 3D classes prefers Skin over Physique), and is a lot easier to work with for individual vertex weighting for issues like this to find out what's wrong...

If you want, you can send me the file, and I'll take a look at it and tell you what's wrong and how to fix it. (I'd prefer not to just fix it for you, because then you don't learn how to do it for yourself if it ever comes up again...)

Yes I would absolutely love it if you would show what the error is and how to correct rather than just correct it for me.

Please allow me some time to find and upload the file.

Deathstar786 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hay!! this is not me that was my big brother....

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]