Content

<<  1, 2

mass character change

mighty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 04, 2014

ScifiSpirit wrote :

EDIT: Anyway, here is a new update to the fixes that was requested. Allows ()[]<>| characters to be used in names.
http://goo.gl/GgCDK4

Thanks for the new updated patch , just want to tell you that after applying the fix , my servers have been online for over a week without getting crashed . Great fix , will patch all servers with this new update .
Thank you again Very Happy

@Walkindead The colored name crash will happen if you send chat message in a correct sequence , this is definitely a buffer overflow issue which seems to be fixed in a later revision ( not sure ) .

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

When adding links, don't use quotation marks. The correct structure is [url= Your URL]Text[/url]

MadaraZ View user's profile Send private message

[quote="ScifiSpirit"]

deadwalkin wrote : I also had people using special charactor letters and color changes they had n o effect on anything except the rapid module change that would crash the server and server system it self

Oh, that's interesting. Maybe a difference in configuration causes the problem. That could lead to the cause of the crash on some servers.

I'm not too interested in fixing all the problems anymore though, because the problems are many, and development on this engine is more tedious than alternatives, which are already being used.
Also doing things ourselves would make us a lot more familiar with the systems involved, which helps development a lot.

deadwalkin wrote : by the way I noticed you're name was red? why is that

Partial moderator status I assume, required to access the developer forums here. As I am or at least was one of the developers.

EDIT: Anyway, here is a new update to the fixes that was requested. Allows ()[]<>| characters to be used in names.
http://goo.gl/GgCDK4

Link doesn't appear to work, also did you fix all the ways around it I found and told you about?

@Mima I tried that and it still doesnot work ,the word filter still filters the URL no matter what .

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Ah I see. I'll see if I can fix it somehow in this thread. I'll fix all the links by using goo.gl

Edit: Links fixed.

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

dude your patch thing, works really great

Thanks for the new updated patch , just want to tell you that after applying the fix , my servers have been online for over a week without getting crashed . Great fix , will patch all servers with this new update .
Thank you again Very Happy

@Walkindead The colored name crash will happen if you send chat message in a correct sequence , this is definitely a buffer overflow issue which seems to be fixed in a later revision ( not sure ) .

edit: I never seen that glitch before any one place but t hats probably just me Very Happy

edit: for got to ask something else, how do you edit them file so if I come across another issue I can try to edit and stop them my self Razz

edit: I found away to edit them files you gave me and changed the delay abit still would like to find a easier way to edit them

MadaraZ View user's profile Send private message

Works, downloading Very Happy

and great! I See you've fixed the way's around it I told you about Smile

Now only ALF server is remaining which is unpatched Sad

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 05, 2014

mighty wrote : Now only ALF server is remaining which is unpatched Sad

I thought most of the server where not patched?

<<  1, 2

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]