Content

1, 2, 3  >>

ZEQ2 Unity

Mitsurugi View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 02, 2013

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/?p=569

Well... that was, how could I say it?
Surprising.

It's a brave choice, I just hope that you'll find enough people to archivie your goals, since the ZEQ 2 Lite project always lacked of coders

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Mitsurugi wrote : http://ZEQ2.com/lite/?p=569

Surprising.

It's a brave choice, I just hope that you'll find enough people to archivie your goals, since the ZEQ 2 Lite project always lacked of coders

say wha?

well

Whoa didn't saw that coming.

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Surprising.

I have a feeling that zeq2lite will run better and be a lot better in unity and if they need coders I would think there be a few in this community who knows how to code

deadwalkin wrote :

Surprising.

I have a feeling that zeq2lite will run better and be a lot better in unity and if they need coders I would think there be a few in this community who knows how to code

Aravind is a coder and he is already making ZEQ2 contents in to unity!!

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

I'm already there for helping in every possible way! Smile

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Aravind wrote : I'm already there for helping in every possible way! Smile

cool, I used to know c# really good

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

To be perfectly clear, that post is NOT for Z Enters Unity. Z Enters Unity (ZEDU, I believe) is a completely separate project that Aravind is doing on his own that's unrelated.

I used very precise color coding to clarify the distinctions between various historical projects. We don't need things muddled up even more with unrelated side ones too.

Zeth wrote : To be perfectly clear, that post is NOT for Z Enters Unity. Z Enters Unity (ZEDU, I believe) is a completely separate project that Aravind is doing on his own that's unrelated.

I used very precise color coding to clarify the distinctions between various historical projects. We don't need things muddled up even more with unrelated side ones too.

Mitsurugi misunderstood or he just ment ZEQ2 like enters unity?

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Surprising.

this new news means a ZEQ2 community is recruiting and from now onwards a new ZEQ2 is going to come? if that's so I am in.

VLadD View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : To be perfectly clear, that post is NOT for Z Enters Unity. Z Enters Unity (ZEDU, I believe) is a completely separate project that Aravind is doing on his own that's unrelated.

Finally you have started work on it again Smile

This is not correct either. The post clearly states that this is just a testing of the waters. Development has not continued YET and won't if there's not enough developer interest and contact.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

So If I may ask, how much developers have to be recruited to start working on the project again and who is in the project team for now?

However I hope a team will be ready soon to take this project to another level.

So If I may ask, how much developers have to be recruited to start working on the project again and who is in the project team for now?

It's not really a matter of "how many" as much as it is finding developers to fulfill roles skill-wise to sustain a working development team. Designers, artists, and programmers of specific backgrounds are required.

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Zeth wrote :

It's not really a matter of "how many" as much as it is finding developers to fulfill roles skill-wise to sustain a working development team. Designers, artists, and programmers of specific backgrounds are required.

Zeth can I join? till now I learned many things about modelling like rigging, exporting etc.

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

SparkingVegito wrote :

Zeth wrote :

Zeth can I join? till now I learned many things about modelling like rigging, exporting etc.

you need to contact them on the IRC Channel and stay there till they replay! Smile

Aravind wrote :

SparkingVegito wrote :

Zeth wrote :

you need to contact them on the IRC Channel and stay there till they replay! Smile

okay by the way Aravind you are going to join or not? you're coding skill will help community a lot.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

As far as I know, Aravind is already there. Either to work on something, or to discuss things.

Reply with quote Monday, September 09, 2013

When the new project that includes unity in it
starts...will it be Open-sourced?

Zeth wrote :

This is not correct either. The post clearly states that this is just a testing of the waters. Development has not continued YET and won't if there's not enough developer interest and contact.

Pfff and what?You can make some new codes for fighting system and work with of on and off state....If we don't have so many developers it doesn't mean what we should stop working on that project...Or you don't like Dragon Ball Z and don't want work on it...

Nello and I trying to make ZEQ2 better and don't thinking how many of us working on it..

Pfff and what?You can make some new codes for fighting system and work with of on and off state....If we don't have so many developers it doesn't mean what we should stop working on that project...Or you don't like Dragon Ball Z and don't want work on it...

I don't fully understand this paragraph. Are you asking why development wouldn't be pursued if there's not enough interest? That's pretty simple. ZEQ2 is not even remotely close to the management style of ZEQ2-lite. To make the plans that are in motion happen, it will require a LOT more focused dedication and effort from more people over a consistently active period of time. That's just how a project with a development team works. There cannot be large intermittent gaps or unplanned (whimsical) implementations going into effect.

Nello and I trying to make ZEQ2 better and don't thinking how many of us working on it..

Are you referring to you and Nello working on ZEQ2-lite vicariously through F3? Or are you referring to you and Nello wanted to participate in ZEQ2 as part of the development team?

What you are doing on ZEQ2-lite is fine and all, but not comparable to the amount of work and commitment required as part of a structured development team with particular goals, meetings, and roadmaps. Many aspects have to be planned for weeks with nothing but hours of daily discussion before an ounce of work is even done. There are very precise standards of mesh/scene presentation, coding conventions, and style guidelines on top of that which simply don't exist when you are working freely on something like ZEQ2-lite.

Where ZEQ2-lite is about experimentation, learning, and freedom of results, ZEQ2 is about structure, optimizing/mastering areas, and a shared/established consistency of all things.

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Zeth wrote :

I don't fully understand this paragraph. Are you asking why development wouldn't be pursued if there's not enough interest? That's pretty simple. ZEQ2 is not even remotely close to the management style of ZEQ2-lite. To make the plans that are in motion happen, it will require a LOT more focused dedication and effort from more people over a consistently active period of time. That's just how a project with a development team works. There cannot be large intermittent gaps or unplanned (whimsical) implementations going into effect.

Are you referring to you and Nello working on ZEQ2-lite vicariously through F3? Or are you referring to you and Nello wanted to participate in ZEQ2 as part of the development team?

What you are doing on ZEQ2-lite is fine and all, but not comparable to the amount of work and commitment required as part of a structured development team with particular goals, meetings, and roadmaps. Many aspects have to be planned for weeks with nothing but hours of daily discussion before an ounce of work is even done. There are very precise standards of mesh/scene presentation, coding conventions, and style guidelines on top of that which simply don't exist when you are working freely on something like ZEQ2-lite.

Where ZEQ2-lite is about experimentation, learning, and freedom of results, ZEQ2 is about structure, optimizing/mastering areas, and a shared/established consistency of all things.

DUDE will it be open-sourced?

That question was already covered in the original post.

While this will effect the open-source nature of the project temporarily until a solid foundation can be built, the exposure of internal systems, tools, and assets will inevitably become open as well.

Zeth wrote : That question was already covered in the original post.

While this will effect the open-source nature of the project temporarily until a solid foundation can be built, the exposure of internal systems, tools, and assets will inevitably become open as well.

I missed those sentences.
I would like to get unity version now. Laughing

Zeth wrote :

Okay...So than will be some new progress on programming and engine in unity? I think you can do sth alone....

Okay...So than will be some new progress on programming and engine in unity? I think you can do sth alone....

Firstly, "sth" isn't a word. Secondly, the process is more complicated than you might imagine. The concept of building the Dragon Ball Z component isn't a first priority.

We'll spend a considerable amount of time creating the framework first. This involves extending Unity support for run-time loading of assets (I.e : user-content/mod support), the underlying network manager and abstract snapshot classes that will manage data exchange (as opposed to one-time use network systems), and the broadly used entity and action system that will serve as the foundation for all data container and behaviour logic systems extended and utilized further by our config-oriented goals.

That's potentially already months of work for multiple people that MUST be done before we even TOUCH anything at all related to Dragon Ball Z.

Not to mention that we'd like to get our suite of custom-created web tools prepared so we can have a much stronger way of managing tasks, classifying buglists, sorting user addons/files, tracking development progress, organizing roadmaps, categorizing active conversations, and managing the community more precisely in general. All of this is being done by a specialized PHP framework that's been in development for years by myself.

This isn't some rinky-dink game exploration test like 95% of the projects you see on these forums or moddb looking at Unity. This is a pure and proper highly-advanced and highly organized/planned goal-set that a company would divide into multiple projects and hire dozens of developers for over several years.

We're planning it with a quarter of the developers, concurrent/simultaneous project development, none of the pay, a fraction of the time-frame, and more commitment and focus.

So yes, I could do it all by myself, but no it would not be feasible timewise to tackle 3+ joint projects alone -- especially not without design divergency discussion from multiple sources.

1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]