Content

<<  1, 2, 3

ZEQ2 Unity

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 26, 2013

Zeth why don't you use current professionals of ZEQ2 lite as team. examples are:
nello, Aravind, gigris50, MDave, shenku, anty, grega, samcross, trl, qwerty, skatter, richma, forza too I think & many others.

It really boils down to attitude, availability, capability, interest, and communication. If they have the skills, they don't speak English well or cannot be online much. If they CAN be online a lot, they usually don't have a lot of experience to bring to the table. If they can comprehend/speak well and are truly skilled and willing, they often have a very poor attitude. Something's always missing.

Aravind is largely available and has a so-so ability to speak English, but is still very much learning the ins and outs of Unity (and design/programming in general). He actually is involved to some extent regardless though.

Gigirs50 is mostly busy with his own One Piece project. Nello with ZEQ2-lite F3. They both definitely have ideal skillsets in many ways, but even if they weren't already on other projects, they are usually unavailable to communicate on a daily basis and aren't extremely proficient with English.

MDave has the skillset, experience, and language capacity, but works full time at his job and is rarely available to even speak online -- much less work on a project regularly.

Outside of his own addon projects on these forums, Shenku hasn't shown much interest in ZEQ2[lite]. He carries himself well enough and his skill-set probably borders what's necessary, but he doesn't seem all too available or keen on being involved.

While Anty probably would have what it takes to produce quality content in some areas (with some practice), his interest in ZEQ2[lite] is hobbyist at best and normally happens in small bursts throughout a year. Rarely available. His English skills have improved since he joined the community, but it still would be difficult for complex discussions to take place.

Grega hasn't really been involved with ZEQ2/ZEQ2-lite or shown interest in either project. I also assume he's mostly busy with his duties at Earth Special Forces. His language skills and general attitude are superb, but I am uncertain on what technical skills he has.

Samcross seemed all right in some areas back when he was active years ago, but I haven't seen him investing much time lately on ZEQ2-lite or in these forums communicating and contributing. I'd doubt he has interest since he has yet to use IRC to contact anyone about the post.

TRL has superb 2D art capability, solid language skills and a mixed attitude, but is far too busy invested in his medical studies to be around.

Qwerty, as far as I know, is just an organized enthuisiast of Dragon Ball Z games. He manages a couple ModDB groups/categories on the subject matter, but I don't know if he actually possesses any developmental skills.

Skatter has capability and grasps English well, but has little interest in ZEQ2[lite] these days and is primarily busy working with Xatoku on Pokemon Generations.

Honestly, I do not really know Richma very well so I am unable to tell you much about what he is capable of.

Although Forza may have some applicable skills, I do not think he has the time availability or interest.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

About me true, you cannot know about me a lot or about my skills, because I wasn't so successfully on ZEQ2 Lite modeleling carrier because of my laziness and I was busy with other stuff though I was rigging Bojack. I'm working on Trafalgar Law for Route to the great blue which is Gigirs project.

However my skills aren't perfect but they neither are bad I modeled on my own Trafalgar Law (credits to Gigirs for the hands), I would love to help but I'm not sure can I, do I have what it takes, am I good enough and if I do I don't know will I have in future enough time to keep helping. That's why I don't know should I try but I sure am interested without doubt.

Rough breakdown of various individuals you have mentioned as well as ones that have worked with us before/currently. Blue names are the ones that are in IRC regularly. Scaled from red (poor) to green (excellent). Gray being unknown. Mostly based from present observational criteria so some factors could be skewed.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Your analysis of me seems fairly accurate, although the reason my interest is so little is largely because of several other independent projects that I have been working on that are unrelated to this site(trying to build a bigger portfolio), so my attention keeps getting divided amongst each project as I find time to work on them between days when I work.

For the most part though, ZEQ2-Lite bores me lately, which is why I don't really work on stuff for it of late(so technically, it is a loss of interest in the project). Only reason I do occasionally is because it's a mostly put together engine where I can import characters to try them out in a game setting, but with things like Epic's UDK, I find myself drifting more towards developing things with that since I have a slightly better understanding of its code structure which allows me to change or add things easier than with ZEQ2-Lite or even in Unity(they didn't start teaching unity at my campus until after I took all the game development classes, in which they taught UDK instead...), plus the exportation process is a heck of a lot easier than for ZEQ2-Lite.

To summarize my projects though, I have a third person action/adventure/rpg that I'm working on(based on my book), a classic style side-scrolling shoot 'em up(think Metroid), a side scrolling beat 'em up(think Scott Pilgrim), a UDK Dragonball-like game which is even less developed than the current status of the Unity ones others are working on(mostly being used as a test bed for features, not intended to be a finished game...), two books that I need to write to finish The Black Dawn Wars trilogy that I'm writing, the first of which I'm only a third of the way through, I also work 4 days a week at my current dead-end retail job while trying to squeeze all the rest of that in between job searching for something more self sustaining...

Short version, I'm to busy to really commit to this project beyond the occasional addon...

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 27, 2013

Shenku wrote : Your analysis of me seems fairly accurate, although the reason my interest is so little is largely because of several other independent projects that I have been working on that are unrelated to this site(trying to build a bigger portfolio), so my attention keeps getting divided amongst each project as I find time to work on them between days when I work.

For the most part though, ZEQ2-Lite bores me lately, which is why I don't really work on stuff for it of late(so technically, it is a loss of interest in the project). Only reason I do occasionally is because it's a mostly put together engine where I can import characters to try them out in a game setting, but with things like Epic's UDK, I find myself drifting more towards developing things with that since I have a slightly better understanding of its code structure which allows me to change or add things easier than with ZEQ2-Lite or even in Unity(they didn't start teaching unity at my campus until after I took all the game development classes, in which they taught UDK instead...), plus the exportation process is a heck of a lot easier than for ZEQ2-Lite.

To summarize my projects though, I have a third person action/adventure/rpg that I'm working on(based on my book), a classic style side-scrolling shoot 'em up(think Metroid), a side scrolling beat 'em up(think Scott Pilgrim), a UDK Dragonball-like game which is even less developed than the current status of the Unity ones others are working on(mostly being used as a test bed for features, not intended to be a finished game...), two books that I need to write to finish The Black Dawn Wars trilogy that I'm writing, the first of which I'm only a third of the way through, I also work 4 days a week at my current dead-end retail job while trying to squeeze all the rest of that in between job searching for something more self sustaining...

Short version, I'm to busy to really commit to this project beyond the occasional addon...

When I try to launch UDK or a game called the haunted heck's reach which utilizes Unreal engine...I get don't send error.

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 27, 2013

guess yellow is for Super Saiyan *laughing out loud* Very Happy Embarassed

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 18, 2013

Make an impact guys Smile

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brad's analysis of me is also pretty much spot on. My availability is improving now with the wedding and honeymoon are done and over, though we're now looking at buying a house so that's going to take some priority in my life right now.

As far as interest goes, I'm certainly quite interested in working on a Unity based ZEQ project but I'm not interested in making a Dragon Ball game. What I mean by this is the gameplay, concepts, ideas and visual style of the project would be very fun to work on again, but I would be much more interested and motivated if the project had it's own unique and original characters, locations and world.

Having it obviously inspired by Dragon Ball would certainly be fine, but breaking free from being a Dragon Ball Z fan game would open the project up to a wider potential audience, more platforms, give the possibility for it to be a commercial project, not be bounded by the limitations of accuracy to the anime, and, most importantly, garner greater interest from developers outside this community.

This is just my 2 cents on the subject and what would interest me, so don't take it as me saying "this is how it should be done or anything" Smile

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

You forgot all of my grey bars!

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote : You forgot all of my grey bars!

slam it Domitjen!!

As far as interest goes, I'm certainly quite interested in working on a Unity based ZEQ project but I'm not interested in making a Dragon Ball game. What I mean by this is the gameplay, concepts, ideas and visual style of the project would be very fun to work on again, but I would be much more interested and motivated if the project had it's own unique and original characters, locations and world.

Having it obviously inspired by Dragon Ball would certainly be fine, but breaking free from being a Dragon Ball Z fan game would open the project up to a wider potential audience, more platforms, give the possibility for it to be a commercial project, not be bounded by the limitations of accuracy to the anime, and, most importantly, garner greater interest from developers outside this community.

I've always been completely on board with the idea of tossing aside the loosely-fit Dragon Ball Z shroud in favor of something more original (as we've actually tried before).

The main problem with pursuing this has generally been the loss of immediate artist/developer/fanbase that generally brings people in. It's not to say many individuals would not eventually come around, but we'd definitely only want to explore such a route if we can maintain interest and progress flow.

You should idle in #zeq2Development and reach out to me, Alex. I'd be on board with helping you pitch the concept to the others if you'd like.

Sidenote : There's a maintained applicant/developer list here.

<<  1, 2, 3

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]