Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

[2D] Sonic New Adventures [IN PROGRESS]

leogone View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 02, 2014

Thanks , and as a 2D Level designer....Yes , of course =D

EDIT : I made a ModDB page for the game, and I'm waiting for the approbation, anyway here is the link , I'll post a message when it will be accepted by admins : LINK

More updates soon.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

I'm entirely with you Leo, good luck. Smile

by the way, which sonic will it keeps ? The old one ? Or the new one ? (very important for me Laughing )

The new one , because we can't play a Classic Sonic with Modern gameplay *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Friday, October 10, 2014

Hey everyone ! I have a new screenshot for you guys, and it's about something veeeeeery special.

Test Zones are now finished !
All what I have to do is add a stable main menu and a pause menu, then , you'll be able to say hi to the first Demo c:<

As you can see , there's a different background , it's a better one because the old one was....Well...It causes many lags so...Removed, replaced by a new one and a better one =D.
72 Rings ? Yes, as you can see I collected many rings, and earned a lot of points, that means the stage is long and have some special things aaaaand Act2 is longer than Act1 because the first stage is just a practice x).
Ummm....Yeah, I was working on a boss today, still not finished, maybe the first demo won't have a Boss Act.

So....I'm going to tell you something else !
There will be DLC, maybe for one thing, or maybe many things :3 , but all what I can tell you, it's that there will be Shadow and boss act as a DLC , (maybe special acts)

OH ! I'm not sure but I think there will be PlayStation 3 Controller support. Not for Xbox, 'cause I even don't have that type of controller to test it *intense laughter*.

I think that's all, see you next time ! :3

Reply with quote Friday, October 10, 2014

Lagging due to background's sprite ? oO

It's quite hard to make that happen Laughing

Reply with quote Saturday, October 11, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Lagging due to background's sprite ? oO

It's quite hard to make that happen :*laughing out loud*:

Well, I think it's because there were 2 animated backgrounds, aaaaaand the script for BG wasn't correct, that's why, so I replaced that script by another one, it's a better one, less codes aaaaaand easy to use c:<

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Why not just use multi layer scrolling?

Those scripts were never really that intensive considerring they were used for NES era consoles.

LINK

Here is the first demo !

I know that there's some bugs, I'm going to fix them.

Enjoy ! c:

Okay! I have recorded a test gameplay that I'll upload somewhere (don't know where yet Laughing )

Only the parts where I have finished the levels and the ones where I show the menu/musics will be shown. (I would be ashamed to show my epic fails *intense laughter* but you surprised me with some traps Smile )

I'll write a little review as well when the videos will appear here.

What I can say now is that it has a big potential. Don't give up leo ! Wink

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Okay! I have recorded a test gameplay that I'll upload somewhere (don't know where yet :*laughing out loud*: )

Only the parts where I have finished the levels and the ones where I show the menu/musics will be shown. (I would be ashamed to show my epic fails *intense laughter* but you surprised me with some traps Smile )

I'll write a little review as well when the videos will appear here.

What I can say now is that it has a big potential. Don't give up leo ! Wink

Thank you !

SO!

don't know where to start.. (I'm not really skilled for reviews.. ._.)

On the menu, sure I felt nostalgic, it was a pleasure to hear these music again, but I wasn't really in because of the mix. But nice try I'm sure you can do much better on this.

Little bug, the main menu music is still playing on the stage select menu. Need a fix. Wink (act select screen is fine by the way)

The act 1 is really good, the gameplay is really impressive, nothing wrong on the sounds. I really felt like I was playing an official 2D sonic game, except that it's the first one I could finish Laughing

It looks like a box of ideas for further levels but all is good and well placed.

The act 2 is much harder but is as good as the first one. (by the way, was there a 2nd finish ? Because it looked like there was one Surprised )

The only disturbing things are the hitboxe of the spikes and the game that is slowing at some moments.

There's a tiny bug on the idle too that happens 1/3 of the time.. (sonic anims freezes and he is sliding on the floor a little *intense laughter* )

I tested and finished it in around 15mins. Sorry if it wasn't long enough, I hope I hadn't forgotten too much...

Can't wait to have options on menu (graphics/sounds/controls) for a better fun and of course, more levels/characters Very Happy

There are the videos:

Oh, yes, room size mistake.
It should be easy to fix x).

Ummm...If you have a problem with it, don't record the menu c:

Oh, yes, room size mistake.
It should be easy to fix x).

Ummm...If you have a problem with it, don't record the menu c:

A review has to touch every points of the game. Wink I could join the videos but I was lazy to do it. x)

It would be quite discomforting for further "let's play", that's why I said that. It doesn't really disturb me.

Oh, I just saw the videos *intense laughter*

Thanks, I appreciate it ^^
There will be more updates , like a Boss stage, aaaand Shadow as a playable character :p

EDIT :
Screen resolution issue is fixed now aaaand the game has a better quality :3

Perfect, continue like that, I'm totally with you. Wink

Reply with quote Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ummm...Hi ? *intense laughter*

So this post will show you the changelogs about SNA , pretty much a bug fix update (aaand some new features) Smile

BugFix/New features:
_No more collision problems.
_No more bad menus, actually there's a HubWorld, a bit similar to Sonic Generations x).
_More speed when boosting.
_Using the c_aqua code for the boost color.
_Added trail when boosting, footsteps sound effect when moving, aaaaand the smoke effect when dashing (full speed without boosting, a very easy code :

if (Animation == "Dash");
instance_create(objSmokeEffect);

_Now every stage have his own name, for example the first stage , when reaching the goal ring, there won't be "Sonic Had passed Test Stage" but "Test Stage Act1" , it depends the name of the stage and what act of that specific level.
_Added rail booster
_New Menu system.
_Hubworld have another Interface object, as you can see on Sonic Generations, there's no score or boost bar, same thing with this hubWorld :3.

Sooo....More updates soon :p and sorry , no screenshots this time D:

Reply with quote Thursday, October 23, 2014

Don't forget to optimise it. The game is slow often, most on the actII level. Wink

Reply with quote Friday, December 19, 2014

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting updates, the project isn't dead, but there's a looooot for new things now, so yeah if you want to check this out, go to my DeviantArt page, I mostly post pictures of updates there !
supersonicdbzfan.deviantart.com
So yeah anyway if you're too lazy to see the page here is a list of new things :
Water working 100% (you'll die if you stay too much underwater.)
3D Water Parallax (for fun.)
Optimized camera.
Optimized codes for springs and Dash Rings.
four Way Cannon (Like Sonic Generations Smile )
Voice Clips (Yaaaaay)
Using the FMOD Extension (More FPS ingame, musics are using from a file called "Audio")
Optimized Background (Includes the UnderWater background, you can see this in one of my lasted DA pictures)
New Trail effect (c_aqua code)
And other things (no spoil c: )

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Don't forget to optimise it. The game is slow often, most on the actII level. Wink

I tried to fix this issue , but actually it's not even one, let's say that's it's not a bug from the game, but from you, many of people/friends tested the fangame , but none of them have this problem :I.

Well, more updates soon Smile

Also , I've done the HUD Sprite by myself , here is it, tell me what do you thing about it please c:

Reply with quote Friday, December 19, 2014

No downloads ? Sad

I tried to fix this issue , but actually it's not even one, let's say that's it's not a bug from the game, but from you, many of people/friends tested the fangame , but none of them have this problem :I.

What are their pc config ? I can run Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on my computer that is using particles, hd shaders, high poly models and high res textures, why can't I run this one easily ?..
I have reported that, but maybe 1000 other peoples will have it. Thinking like that already, will make this game better in the future. You should try to fix the most things you can (not commanding you just advicing).

by the way nice hud, do you have a picture of it in game ?

Reply with quote Saturday, December 20, 2014

For the screenshots : supersonicdbzfan.deviantart.com

And the bug isn't from me, but from Game Maker (The software I use ) , I can't fix that :I

For downloads it's still in progress, I'll post a download link when everything is ready (still no new stages just improvements).
After the release I'll work on it Wink.

Reply with quote Saturday, December 20, 2014

(still no new stages just improvements).

content < improvments... +100000 On this method. Peoples surelly prefer having a good optimised game with contents that are coming than the reverse. (most if the improvments will never come)

Good job again, waiting for the download. Smile

Reply with quote Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hello everyone, so yeah, new main menu for the game:
http://supersonicdbzfan.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-New-Adventures-Main-Menu-510170601

Story Mode: The main story of the game.
Free Mode : So it's similar to Story Mode, you can play all stages without the Story Mode stuff.
Credits : For the *laughing out loud*.

More soon.

Reply with quote Thursday, January 29, 2015

Looks a bit too much "space" to me, but why not.. x)

You'll say, sonic advanture 1 had a sky main menu.. Neutral

Can't wait for the next demo. Good luck for the next. Wink

Reply with quote Saturday, January 31, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Looks a bit too much "space" to me, but why not.. x)

You'll say, sonic advanture 1 had a sky main menu.. Neutral

Can't wait for the next demo. Good luck for the next. Wink

Eh...Let's say it's just a beginning, I will probably add more things later.
Look at my last Deviation on my DA page, there's a new update (too lazy to copy past the link heh *intense laughter*).

Aaaaand thanks c: .

Reply with quote Saturday, January 31, 2015

Take your time, you're not in a hurry.

Saw the water level, looks fun. Can't wait to test. Good luck. Smile

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]