Content

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

ZEQ2 - Lite in Old times and now!

Iceman View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How it was before and now!

SparkingVegito View user's profile Send private message

totally agree! now days no fun ZEQ2 lite, earlier there were many pros and kind heart players. now days just uninformed participator's.

Well some of us veterans, trying to bring that old epic time back.

VLadD View user's profile Send private message

This is all because parents don't teach anything kind to kids....

I must agree VlaD, but problem here is, that most of time that people are mature ones, 22 or more like me.
They stay in head, kids, so in games they want to earn some respect or whatever.

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

yeah the problem is some people seak attention too much!

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 12, 2013

Iceman wrote : Well some of us veterans, trying to bring that old epic time back.

With great power comes great responsibility, and with that, eventually comes a humble heart. In the "old times", those players that are veterans today were actually insanely skilled, and didn't seek to just win win win but rather to find ever greater challenges in other players.

Now, most of those players left, and the new kids simply aren't as good at all. It is much easier to be "the best", taking nearly zero effort. This resulted in a MAD power craze.

It's pretty funny when I see someone calling themselves the best and everyone else "weak stuff" when I could list 30+ players they couldn't even damage.

This community needs a big wakeup call. But as long as one half of it is focused on chasing away EVERYONE who plays this game and is more skilled than them(not mentioning the clan name because they are innocent as always), and the other half is just immature(again, not mentioning the clan name), this just will not happen.

Edited to add that you are completely right. Challenging someone looked like this back then: "hey mate, wanna fight?Very Happy" "Sure!" -someone loses- "Hey, good fight, and I think if you try just a LITTLE harder you will make it!"

Now: "easy weak stuff Richard ruler fight me uninformed participator"

One of two things can happen.

1. Good guy wins, bad guy says "*laughing out loud* lover luck hack bug my dog is dying mom calling me doorbell you had luck it was warmup" -spams the good guy 5v1 because can't fight properly-

2. Bad guy wins, "*laughing out loud* see you are too easy leave this game brother OH MY GOODNESS"

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

This could easily be resolved if the battles could last as long as Public Beta 1 again.

even with the very skilled revision 1536 players, battles were perhaps maximum 15 minutes, whereas in Public Beta 1 some of the fights lasted for at least an hour, now that was insane.

"Sweat dripping of your face,trying to locate where you heard that pesky Mima zanzoken this time, having to dodge because you hear the incoming attack wave, shoot your own kamehameha wave to counter him,try to overpower with ki boost,jump 50 meters high, swiftly teleport to the right to appear right behind your opponent and engage in mêlée."

now those were the times :p

But as long as you can be killed right now with 1 ki ball attack, it's just not that much fun, even when playing mêlée only, the fights only last a fraction of Public Beta 1.

This project is open sourced so it's up to us to make this happen. First step would be to balance the ki/mêlée/knock back attacks so they won't have such ridiculiously high damage. especially the knockback's.

There would be a world of difference if only that would be revisited.

Postscript: "Good fight mate" was my phrase Very Happy

Richma View user's profile Send private message

I've never played the first beta against someone so I've always waitted for beta 2 to come out now when I've read what you wrote, that the battles would least so much that's really...unreal, when you see how long or better say short the current battles are most people die from ki attack that players like to do but it's not fun to others which keep dying from that kind of players which won't let you have fun and it ruins the fun of the game and all you can do is leave the server or create your own and fight against guys like that or not let them be on the server.

Maybe it would be time to start to balance this and work more on the project but most of people left working on their own project or helping out or they don't have enough time to spend here because of their real life.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

I remember those times. What Maszek said is true. I don't remember people cursing out everyone.

Slowly entering the memory lane
Dropping to the ground after another exhausting mêlée clash with Domitjen. It's been over 45 minutes already. Both of us are panting, short of breath and limping a bit.
Then it happened. He disappeared. Not like a normal zanzoken. I didn't follow him. Then I sensed a heat wave from behind. I had to take my chance, and I teleported. My fatigue almost getting better of me, I dodged his fully charged attack, and started shooting my own ki blasts at his location. He disappeared again, but this time I was ready. I blocked his perfect execution of the "super" zanzoken. Another mêlée clash. Just another day in our training.
(Someone ask Domitjen who MercenaryTao was)

Seriously though, Public Beta 1 was probably more playable than 1536, but 1536 still has MUCH more features.

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Mima wrote : I remember those times. What Maszek said is true. I don't remember people cursing out everyone.

Slowly entering the memory lane
Dropping to the ground after another exhausting mêlée clash with Domitjen. It's been over 45 minutes already. Both of us are panting, short of breath and limping a bit.
Then it happened. He disappeared. Not like a normal zanzoken. I didn't follow him. Then I sensed a heat wave from behind. I had to take my chance, and I teleported. My fatigue almost getting better of me, I dodged his fully charged attack, and started shooting my own ki blasts at his location. He disappeared again, but this time I was ready. I blocked his perfect execution of the "super" zanzoken. Another mêlée clash. Just another day in our training.
(Someone ask Domitjen who MercenaryTao was)

Seriously though, Public Beta 1 was probably more playable than 1536, but 1536 still has MUCH more features.

Oooh you remember me! :p

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

You are practicaly going though the same thing Earth Special Forces has been going through for a couple of years.

The old guard left because they reached their peak with no real competition and the ones that came after never knowing them don't have a challenge from the newer players. Once every now and then someone trained by the old pros joins in and owns the server, but he is quickly offed as a cheater and what not.

Heck there are a lot of people using the rank pluggin to see how good they are and constantly fly their mouths in Earth Special Forces, yet they can't really keep up with me if I happen to play again, so I intentially stay untransformed to keep it interesting for me. And quite frankly I'm not even good at Earth Special Forces. I never was one of the pros, and I'm worse now than I was a few years ago.

There are a couple of people who still play from time to time, but all in all its just kids who never really went though a real fight before, so when they meet someone with more skill, they simply turn in to rage mode or cheap shots.

Sorry but the only way to reset the field is to get skilled people active and playing the king again. Since the ones that had to really get better in order to win, know how to be humble in the game anc will pass that on to newer players. But with them gone, all that's left is the mediocre fearsome creatures.

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Not only insults..There are crashing and binding and destroying servers with lagg!!!!! I freaking Haa-tee That lacking reateard Bardock!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad

Domitjen wrote : This could easily be resolved if the battles could last as long as Public Beta 1 again.

even with the very skilled revision 1536 players, battles were perhaps maximum 15 minutes, whereas in Public Beta 1 some of the fights lasted for at least an hour, now that was insane.

"Sweat dripping of your face,trying to locate where you heard that pesky Mima zanzoken this time, having to dodge because you hear the incoming attack wave, shoot your own kamehameha wave to counter him,try to overpower with ki boost,jump 50 meters high, swiftly teleport to the right to appear right behind your opponent and engage in mêlée."

now those were the times :p

But as long as you can be killed right now with 1 ki ball attack, it's just not that much fun, even when playing mêlée only, the fights only last a fraction of Public Beta 1.

This project is open sourced so it's up to us to make this happen. First step would be to balance the ki/mêlée/knock back attacks so they won't have such ridiculiously high damage. especially the knockback's.

There would be a world of difference if only that would be revisited.

Postscript: "Good fight mate" was my phrase Very Happy

What you say about mêlée fights is true, they generally do not last long. However, KI-based fights actually take boring long because you can counter everything and never receive damage Razz

Also, I'm not sure 1-hour fights would be any better. We still need to be able to determine a winner in a reasonable time frame.

I am happy that I "awake" some of you VETERANS.
There is even older players than me, but yeah.
I agree in one thing, kicks need to have half damage like now if you want to have longer fights.
But even that isn't problem, problem right now is bind withouth timer, change chacter and name that killing fps. Soon we fix this and make code for it, and it can be done, then this kids can only stay in spectate and insult. I really don't care about insults, I just want that they stop killing fun and things that we VETERANS want to bring back. If we VETERANS act like in old times, new players that starting games will look up in us and kids full of dislike will change or leave.

Iceman wrote : I am happy that I "awake" some of you VETERANS.
There is even older players than me, but yeah.
I agree in one thing, kicks need to have half damage like now if you want to have longer fights.
But even that isn't problem, problem right now is bind withouth timer, change chacter and name that killing fps. Soon we fix this and make code for it, and it can be done, then this kids can only stay in spectate and insult. I really don't care about insults, I just want that they stop killing fun and things that we VETERANS want to bring back. If we VETERANS act like in old times, new players that starting games will look up in us and kids full of dislike will change or leave.

But that's exactly the problem. Those guys can't fight us with a real chance to win, and know we don't care about their words, because talk is cheap.

So they crash the server.

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

All I wanted is to fight with old players..they ruin all fun with binds and insults Surprised Not cool.Not cool

Well you are still working on ZEQ2-Lite. Restrict the access to those console commands. I'm sure Brad can help you with that. Then release a new stable build for the public with those types of scripts eliminated.

Its essentially eliminating exploits in a public beta format of game development.

Remember ZEQ2-lite is YOUR game. Brad has given it to you do to with as you please. So its essentially what you make of it. Your playground so to speak, with him giving you hints on how to construct that castle in the sand you want to make so that it doesn't collapse into itself.

You have that chance, so why not use it?

Grega wrote : Well you are still working on ZEQ2-Lite. Restrict the access to those console commands. I'm sure Brad can help you with that. Then release a new stable build for the public with those types of scripts eliminated.

Its essentially eliminating exploits in a public beta format of game development.

Remember ZEQ2-lite is YOUR game. Brad has given it to you do to with as you please. So its essentially what you make of it. Your playground so to speak, with him giving you hints on how to construct that castle in the sand you want to make so that it doesn't collapse into itself.

You have that chance, so why not use it?

The definition of a stable build is slightly stricter than that, though. Several new systems would need to be finalized in addition to just stopping those abuses.

I am totally aware of that. I'm not saying make the latest build in to a final one.

Using SVN allows you for a different solution. It allows you to simply patch the current stable build.

Example:

Stable build is X

Current build is 10X

So you fix X and commit it to 11X

then commit the 10X build in to 12X

That way you continue working on the current build 12X, while you can say the new stable build is 11X which is a patch of the original stable build.

Yes Grega I agree.
I am not good with code but I see that we need to do something about it. It is shame that 10% of players "killing" all fun. I really don't understand this people, games should be place for relax not to get tinkled off.

Reply with quote Friday, December 13, 2013

Iceman wrote : Yes Grega I agree.
I am not good with code but I see that we need to do something about it. It is shame that 10% of players "killing" all fun. I really don't understand this people, games should be place for relax not to get tinkled off.

Limiting name/model change by time would be a fairly simple task.

A "pure" option, I'm not sure.

There could also be a "tournament mode" where players can only be damaged by people they are locked onto, so if someone randomly jumps you they can't do anything.

Maszek wrote :

Iceman wrote : Yes Grega I agree.

Limiting name/model change by time would be a fairly simple task.

A "pure" option, I'm not sure.

There could also be a "tournament mode" where players can only be damaged by people they are locked onto, so if someone randomly jumps you they can't do anything.

The whole second part is not a quick fix. So use that for the future versions. Stick to killing off the scripts in an easy to do way. Then you don't loose to much time for the update to the stable version.

Limiting the character selection to once every 10 seconds like the correct option. Though I myself don't know how the exploit is produced which means that I'm not exactly sure how to counter it.

If it requires you to quickly switch a few characters, then itll work. If it requires only 1 switch after playing with a character for a while, then you should concentrate on the action before the bug can be used. For example shooting an attack. And change the selection to be dissabled for 10 seconds after shooting an attack.

You get me wrong guys, I don't care about damage or killing me while I playing, so called "spam".
I am saying only to fix bind problems.
Bind change names, characters, and characters parts(headmodel,bodymodel,legsmodel). That only we need to focus on. If we remove that, they are powerless.
People who using this, like Maszek said before, they are powerless person who "cure" their dislike with crashing servers.

Iceman wrote : You get me wrong guys, I don't care about damage or killing me while I playing, so called "spam".
I am saying only to fix bind problems.
Bind change names, characters, and characters parts(headmodel,bodymodel,legsmodel). That only we need to focus on. If we remove that, they are powerless.
People who using this, like Maszek said before, they are powerless person who "cure" their dislike with crashing servers.

As I said. I don't know how the server crash is produced, so I'm going by what I read here.

So if you say its related to quick model swapping, then simply lock those commands to a cooldown timer.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]