Content

Mapping Software

TristannV View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 23, 2014

A friend of mine, myself and a few others are working on a map project. It will greatly enrich the current game no doubt. But, we need a little direction as to what program is optimal for editing maps. We do not need to create any structures from scratch as all of the elements we will need are in maps already created.

What program would be useful in compiling, stripping, and creating a new map for ZEQ2 Lite. Unfortunately, we can't use Hammer. A direction to proper threads or direct links to programs would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

You got 3Ds max and Blender which are probably the best but I think the option one is the most used one.

Question. We have the map open in blender as an obj file. How do you get it into a BSP? I have heard that it is improbable to make OBJ to BSP. So what would be the next step ?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

I don't think you'll be able to extract things from the maps directly, or at least not easily, because when the maps are built they're compiled into bsp files which are generally only readable by the game engine.

As far as creating and editing maps, the software you want is Net Radiant, and I think you need to export your meshes as .asc(I think) files to import them into Net Radiant.

You can find some more information over in the Learning Forums section, just look for threads mentioning "mapping" in the thread title.

The idea is to strip apart the essentials from maps such as "Landing" "Kami's" "Defi-TimeChamber" "East City" "IslandCity" "KameHB1""Space", etc. And compile them logically into the map called "BigMap". This would essential create an all-in-1 map.

The idea is to have the spawn points on Kame's Tower, with portals to each different 'zone' on the map. The big map constitutes enough distance both horizontally and vertically to compromise a "game changing" map, that given its size, could greatly increase the gameplay options for ZEQ2, especially in respect to role-play.

We want to essentially, open the map files in either 3DSM,Blender,Radiant. Take what we need, and mesh them all together into the final "Big Map". It is a great idea, and seems easy enough since nothing needs to be created. Everything that we need is already an existing map, we just aim to merge them together.

I will look at the mapping threads, but we are growing weary tonight. Qwerty gave us a .bsp into .obj converter. We were able to merge WestCity and CellArena together in 3DSM using the OBJ files. But there is no way to get this test map back into the game given our limited knowledge of the systems.

If anyone wants to help with this project, that would be more than welcome. It would GREATLY improve ZEQ2 if there was such a DragonBallUniverse Map.

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 24, 2014

General Mapping
Sculptris Mapping

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Ah, I see then.

Well I don't know how to extract the meshes/maps out of the bsp files myself, I think it is possible, I just don't know what software you would need to do it. A few google searches might help you with that one.

A "World map" was attempted briefly a few years ago, but all the people working on it(myself included) sort of lost interest and walked away from it before it ever became something playable. Either way, I wish you and your buddies luck on it.

I remember my first map Smile
DragonBall World

now I am going to upload the map on ModDb Very Happy

qwerty wrote : I remember my first map Smile
DragonBall World

now I am going to upload the map on ModDb Very Happy

We got our inspiration for this project from the Dragon Ball World map. Your DBW merges the Dragon Ball Quake city map, other_world_tournament map, dbq_kami's , tenkaichi_budokai. Many of the compiled maps within DBW are unedited, and stripped exactly from the map. Such as the Dragon Ball Quake city map. That map is in DBW completely unedited.

Like DBW, we want to assimilate maps / structures from previous creations onto one giant map. But much bigger than Dragon Ball Z world. It would be great if you wanted to take part in the process. But If not, could you share with us how you stripped the map structure from Dragon Ball Quake city or the other world tournament, and added it into your creation of DBW?

Postscript: Why does the moderation replace W o are l d with Quake? I don't get these forums.

Reply with quote Saturday, January 25, 2014

This is the project of my map, you can copy and paste the facilities. Or you can modify my map. Smile

I suggest you to create a small map and enlarge it with Q3Map2 if you don't want 1000 errors Confused (don't make my mistake). With this compiler, you can create a map 100 times bigger than mine. Cool

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Q3Map2 instructions:

Decompile NetRadiant Maps

- download "Q3Map2.zip"
- drag the map (.BSP) on the shortcut "decompile"
- Open the .MAP file on NetRadiant

From .PK3 file

- download "Q3Map2.zip"
- extract the PK3 file with 7Zip or WinRar
- find the .BSP map file
- drag the map (.BSP) on the shortcut "decompile"
- copy the .PK3 file in "ZEQ2-Lite/ZEQ2"
- open the .MAP file on NetRadiant

Fix the missing models

- extract the .PK3 file with 7Zip or WinRar
- copy the .MD3 models in "ZEQ2-Lite/ZEQ2/maps"
- open the .MAP file on NetRadiant
- right click > misc > misc_model > model.MD3

Resize Maps

- download "Q3Map2.zip"
- drag the map (.BSP) on the shortcut "Resize"
You can change the size in the properties of the shortcut

Reply with quote Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wow. This is so helpful. Thank you so much!

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 08, 2014

Any updates? Razz

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 08, 2014

Baldwin wrote : Any updates? Razz

yo,where have you been? make some maps again Baldwin Very Happy

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]