Content

1, 2  >>

Shallow complaints.

KAKAROT#1 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 04, 2014

If anyone hasn't notice already ZEQ2 is basically dead and by dead I mean there are hardly any players that know how to "Properly" play the game. In the past the game was different and as the new generation of players come the older players seem to disapear. A suggestion I have in mind is to bring back the original Stable server. I know there had been trouble in the past with this but this server would help bring some of the players back and make ZEQ2lite more interesting.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2-lite is a toaster; not a race car. It's far from dead.

The project has several contributors still playing an active role (some of which who are now getting into map creation). Stop trying to 'play' it and start contributing to the process of development. Otherwise, your existence on these boards and as a fan is misguided and pointless.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

You know, if people would spend half as much time contributing to the game as they do complaining about one thing or another, a lot more of the commonly complained about missing features would have been made and added already. Complaining does nothing, actions however can speak louder than words.

TristannV View user's profile Send private message

KAKAROT#1 wrote : If anyone hasn't notice already ZEQ2 is basically dead and by dead I mean there are hardly any players that know how to "Properly" play the game. In the past the game was different and as the new generation of players come the older players seem to disapear. A suggestion I have in mind is to bring back the original Stable server. I know there had been trouble in the past with this but this server would help bring some of the players back and make ZEQ2lite more interesting.

I am a veteran of Raging Blast (1), a true DEAD Dragon Ball Z game.

A game is dead when ONLY veterans play it. If ONLY veterans play the game, it mean no new players are interested, thus the game is DEAD -- not relevant to the Dragon Ball Z community. The fact that you see lots of fresh players on ZEQ2 means that it is still reaching new members of the Dragon Ball Z community -- thus is not DYING, but actually growing.

However, the fact your friends quit the game, does not mean the game is somehow less potent or fun. It simply means, your enjoyment of the game has decreased because you have no one to play with.

You see, I'm in a ZEQ2 clan with 85 members, most of whom are on Skype. We host RP, Tournaments, Team Battles, King of Hill, etc. We base our ranks on skill, that way people new to the clan must learn to "properly play" in order to rank up. But, the way we keep the clan alive and fun happening ( as people get bored, real life happens, etc ) is to recruit new players all the time -- that we choose based on personality usually -- and we TEACH THEM how to play. Then BOOM, a new player who was not enjoyable to play with, is able to participate in all the clan activities and thus the wheel keeps spinning.

So as Shenku said, try helping out people -- training new players. Maybe you'll have more people to play with -- instead of complaining to basically ZEQ2 vets on the forums who dgaf.

Awsome425 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Well, in some aspects. Yes, it dying. Due to the lack of any big changes (In terms of gameplay.) Lack of good sportsmanship between players, what I mean by that is a lot of veterans(Not all) put down other players instead of encouraging them to get any better, thus keeping some players out. Although it's gaining interest in the Dragon Ball Z community, it's not really keeping them engaged.

But in other ways, we still have people who are actively making this into a Dragon Ball Z world as best they can with the awesome mods that have been released and are releasing and are still active on the forums.

FireMan View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2 lite is dead because only veterans play it...And if someone new comes by they torture him till he quits..They bind,spam,insult all day.They use innapropriate language and in this game there are only children involved..The game is ruined.There is no protection of immbeciles that ruin all the fun.

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

FireMan wrote : ZEQ2 lite is dead because only veterans play it...And if someone new comes by they torture him till he quits..They bind,spam,insult all day.They use innapropriate language and in this game there are only children involved..The game is ruined.There is no protection of immbeciles that ruin all the fun.

your right sadly, most people of ZEQ will insult others key bind spam etc, but there is new people but its very rare cause of it, no one wants to help them and when they do get a responds its normally very rude

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : The project has several contributors still playing an active role (some of which who are now getting into map creation). Stop trying to 'play' it and start contributing to the process of development. Otherwise, your existence on these boards and as a fan is misguided and pointless.

The project has several contributors still playing an active role (some of which who are now getting into map creation). Stop trying to 'play' it and start contributing to the process of development. Otherwise, your existence on these boards and as a fan is misguided and pointless.

Even if it's just a project people consider it as a "game".They play the "game" as they call it and it's dead. Project or game it's the same...This project is playable + it's online!

FireMan wrote : ZEQ2 lite is dead because only veterans play it...And if someone new comes by they torture him till he quits..They bind,spam,insult all day.They use innapropriate language and in this game there are only children involved..The game is ruined.There is no protection of immbeciles that ruin all the fun.

Pretty much sounds a lot like Call of Duty. I dislike to compare it to something like that but you have to admit it.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

You can't call it playable when half of the features required to make it an enjoyable game don't exist yet. That's like trying to fly a plane before the engineers attach wings to it and then complaining the plane's dead because it can't fly...

This project is simply an open beta, nothing is final, everything is subject to change, plus anyone can contribute to make it better. If the "game" is "dead" in your eyes, then you've failed to see the point of the project in its current status.

Since it's a "project", things must get updated besides addons. It's been in the very same state for a long time so of course people are going to except this as the final

A game is dead when ONLY veterans play it. If ONLY veterans play the game, it mean no new players are interested, thus the game is DEAD -- not relevant to the Dragon Ball Z community. The fact that you see lots of fresh players on ZEQ2 means that it is still reaching new members of the Dragon Ball Z community -- thus is not DYING, but actually growing.

Interesting analysis except that ZEQ2-lite is not a game (yet). Relevance to the Dragon Ball Z community is a moot point.

THIS PROJECT WAS CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BEING DEVELOPED BY OTHER PEOPLE. ITS STATE OF BEING "ALIVE" OR "DEAD" DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON IF PEOPLE ARE LEARNING AND DEVELOPING THINGS FOR IT.

However, the fact your friends quit the game, does not mean the game is somehow less potent or fun. It simply means, your enjoyment of the game has decreased because you have no one to play with.

Valid point for gaming, but irrelevant in this context.

You see, I'm in a ZEQ2 clan with 85 members, most of whom are on ...

Playing the game actively rather than learning and developing for it is DETRIMENTAL to the project's future. If the project can be alive or dead, your behaviour would be considered a DISEASE.

So as Shenku said, try helping out people -- training new players. Maybe you'll have more people to play with -- instead of complaining to basically ZEQ2 vets on the forums who dgaf.

That's NOT what Shenku said. No self-respecting member on these boards that's been here for YEARS would EVER suggest playing ZEQ2-lite as a game in ANY way. Those keeping the project alive (Shenku, Vlad, Ivan, Anty, Nello, Gigirs, TRL, etc.) all understand the purpose of ZEQ2-lite is to CREATE.

Well, in some aspects. Yes, it dying. Due to the lack of any big changes (In terms of gameplay.)

There are no changes because YOU PERSONALLY ARE NOT MAKING ANY CHANGES. It's a COMMUNITY-DEVELOPED project. There is no development team.

Lack of good sportsmanship between players, what I mean by that is a lot of veterans(Not all) put down other players instead of encouraging them to get any better, thus keeping some players out. Although it's gaining interest in the Dragon Ball Z community, it's not really keeping them engaged.

To reiterate (in case you weren't paying attention) :

• There are no veterans.
  • There is no playerbase.
  • Relevance in the Dragon Ball Z community is not important to the projects goals/existence.

But in other ways, we still have people who are actively making this into a Dragon Ball Z world as best they can with the awesome mods that have been released and are releasing and are still active on the forums.

These "people" aren't here to serve your whimsical delusions of ZEQ2-lite as a game. They are your BRETHREN IN ARMS. They exist to perpetuate the project goals JUST AS YOU DO.

ZEQ2 lite is dead because only veterans play it

Even if it's just a project people consider it as a "game".They play the "game" as they call it and it's dead. Project or game it's the same...This project is playable + it's online!

You are trying to play something that's not meant to be played. Being network-capable and being interactive does not make something a game. Games have GOALS. They have OBJECTIVES to reach. They have systems that aren't simply PLACEHOLDERS. They have mechanics and rules for defining factors of actually WINNING and LOSING. ZEQ2-LITE does not. It is merely a SANDBOX DEVELOPER EXPERIENCE yet you are blinded by your desire to GENERALIZE and lump all INTERACTIVE projects into a singular idea.

Postscript : Hated to have to channel the spirit of early-forum-Anty to elucidate points as such, but I don't feel some of are you are comprehending things if I don't highlight keywords and points like some kind of post-vintage NPC.

This is because you are trying to play something that's not meant to be played. Games have GOALS. They have OBJECTIVES to reach. They have SYSTEMS that aren't merely PLACEHOLDERS. They have actual mechanics and RULES for defining factors of actually WINNING AND LOSING. ZEQ2-LITE does not. It is merely a SANDBOX DEVELOPER EXPERIENCE yet you are blinded by your desire to GENERALIZE and lump all INTERACTIVE projects into a singular idea.

Yes,people are deceived..everyone thinks it's a game.I thought that too till I saw "about" page.Which means that who is stronger and who is more "experienced" doesn't matter at all.

Yes,people are deceived..everyone thinks it's a game.I thought that too till I saw "about" page.Which means that who is stronger and who is more "experienced" doesn't matter at all.

Deceived is not the correct word. The ABOUT section of the site has been the same since the blog was created in 2009. The first paragraph pretty much lines out EXACTLY what the project is all about. The word game is not mentioned once.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DOWNLOAD AND OPEN A PROGRAM WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IS WAS EVEN ABOUT?!

Zeth wrote :

Deceived is not the correct word. The ABOUT section of the site has been the same since the blog was created in 2009. The first paragraph pretty much lines out EXACTLY what the project is all about. The word game is not mentioned once.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DOWNLOAD AND OPEN A PROGRAM WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IS WAS EVEN ABOUT?!

People find it on the internet.They don't go read about it...they download it and start playing,that's what kids do.Do you really think that everyone here first came to the official site to see any info?No,they simply downloaded it and started playing.

People find it on the internet.They don't go read about it...they download it and start playing,that's what kids do.Do you really think that everyone here first came to the official site to see any info?No,they simply downloaded it and started playing.

Yes, because that's TOTALLY a great way to navigate and use the internet responsibly and reliably.

• Find website with images.
  • Download any EXE on said website.
  • Open it immediately.

Yes, because that's TOTALLY a great way to navigate and use the internet responsibly and reliably.

• Find website with images.
  • Download any EXE on said website.
  • Open it immediately.

Basically what most people do,yes.

Basically what most people do,yes.

Don't generalize. Saying most people do that isn't true. SOME inexperienced or younger users may, but it's hardly a majority or a globally shared trait.

Don't generalize. Saying most people do do that isn't true. SOME inexperienced or younger users may, but it's hardly a majority or a globally shared trait.

MOST users are younger and/or inexperienced.

MOST users are younger and inexperienced.

Again, you are generalizing. Use QUALIFIERS if you want to make a sweeping statement. What you mean to say is :

MOST users (THAT SEARCH FOR AND FIND DRAGON BALL Z WEBSITES LIKE THIS) are younger and inexperienced.

And while this may hold up in many regards, it doesn't mean the behaviour should be accepted or promoted -- merely that the user is the one with a problem that needs correcting.

It's a fact.Take these users for an example,they keep writing "game".These users/people consider themselfes as players of this "game" and they are talking about ranks,clans(which is forbidden on this forum)..I wouldn't be surprised if someone would show up with a clan tag.

It's a fact. Take these users for an example,they keep writing "game".These users/people consider themselfes as players of this "game" and they are talking about ranks,clans(which is forbidden on this forum)..I wouldn't be surprised if someone would show up with a clan tag.

Nothing is a fact. Reality is pure perception. What is popularly accepted isn't always what is accurate. Vice versa, what is accurate is not always what is popularly accepted.

Yes, users (such as yourself) may arise with the wrong impression and need some enlightenment to be put on course. This is merely our reality. Would you rather the forums be disabled simply to prevent misunderstanding?

MOST users (THAT SEARCH FOR AND FIND DRAGON BALL Z WEBSITES LIKE THIS) are younger and inexperienced.

I was talking about those that find the download link.People that see the project on youtube.

Yes, users (such as yourself) may arise with the wrong impression and need some enlightenment to be put on course. This is merely our reality. Would you rather the forums be disabled simply to prevent misunderstanding?

No.

I was talking about those that find the download link.People that see the project on youtube.

Negligence is a cause, not an end result.
Ignorance can always be replaced with insight.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]