Content

1, 2  >>

Vernacular Debate

Awsome425 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 14, 2014

One question....

Why do people keep calling him "Bill" when it's either "Bills" or "Beerus"?

It's just weird to me.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 14, 2014

He's going to take a break from ZEQ2lite F3+ a bit and left me in charge.

Here is some progress:

Super Demon Form Janemba

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 15, 2014

I've already explained this to you already.

Zeth wrote :

I've already explained this to you already.

No, you've explained Beerus and Bills. I've never asked why people are calling Bills/Beerus "Bill".

VLadD View user's profile Send private message

Nemix wrote : He's going to take a break from ZEQ2lite F3+ a bit and left me in charge.

Here is some progress:

Super Demon Form Janemba

Great picture from google!!!

http://www.garydraws.com/wordpress/?tag=Janemba

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

*intense laughter* cause they can ;p

He's going to take a break from ZEQ2lite F3+ a bit and left me in charge.

Here is some progress:

Super Demon Form Janemba

SRLY *intense laughter*

Pan ssjoverninethousand++times4 !)

No, you've explained Beerus and Bills. I've never asked why people are calling Bills/Beerus "Bill".

My response is still the same. People can identify him as whatever they'd like. Different translations, different dialects, different interpretations, different spellings, etc. This goes for other characters as well. Brolly? Broly? Broli? Brolli? Buroli? Broccoli? Same character.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

VLadD wrote :

Nemix wrote : He's going to take a break from ZEQ2lite F3+ a bit and left me in charge.

Here is some progress:

Super Demon Form Janemba

Great picture from google!!!

http://www.garydraws.com/wordpress/?tag=Janemba

*laughing out loud*, Vlad, you are the only one I didn't suspect buying it. *intense laughter*

I was clearly just kidding, what's been happening around here, not much updates seen.

Also just a bit back to check on things. Razz

Wasn't there a Unity ZEQ2 Project going on?

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

http://www.moddb.com/games/z-enters-unity/downloads/zed-you-public-prealpha

Informations ?--> Aravind Wink

Reply with quote Sunday, February 16, 2014

Zeth wrote :
My response is still the same. People can identify him as whatever they'd like. Different translations, different dialects, different interpretations, different spellings, etc. This goes for other characters as well. Brolly? Broly? Broli? Brolli? Buroli? Broccoli? Same character.

Then people have some invalid interpretations because putting "Bill" is pretty lacking. It doesn't take long to put the 'S' at the end.

Beerus has only had 3 names.

Birusu - The Japanese TOEI Animation name.
Beerus - FUNimation name (Different dubs use this.)

Bills - English pronunciation of the name. (Spread around by fans.)

I don't prefer "Bills" because it's getting the name wrong. It's like saying someone's name wrong when it's actually pronounce in a different way. Putting "Bill" makes it a lot worse.

TOEI gave FUNimation the right to Battle of Lloyds to make an English dub. So for the English and other language dubs, his name is Beerus.

"Birusu" is for the Japanese and other languages FUNimation doesn't have rights for.

People are just too lazy to get the name right.
It's not for interpretation.

This goes for other characters as well. Brolly? Broly? Broli? Brolli? Buroli? Broccoli? Same character.

Those names are from either different dubs or fake names made by fans. I'm not going to confirm which are true, and which are fan names but my argument still stands.

Also, you forgot "Brolly"
(Editor note : No, I did not.)

If the name is not approved by TOEI Animation, FUNimation, or Akira Toryama. Then the name is fake and fan made.

You don't seem to grasp the fundamental concept that defines reality. There is no immutable notion of right and wrong. There are no absolute truths. Life is pure perception -- eye of the beholder and all that.

It's not a matter of laziness. Something that's widely accepted or popular opinion doesn't make it instantly the only possibility. Take ZEQ, for instance. It's intended to be pronounced by each letter (Zee-Eee-Queue). Is it different than the creators intent to pronounce it as Zeck, Zeke, or Zed-queue? Absolutely. Is it flat out wrong to do so? Absolutely not.

When it comes to names alone, the pronunciation doesn't oft change the meaning. If how you enunciate or translate a word doesn't change any actual attribute of what the object truly is (or is construed as), arguing about lingual factors becomes a superficial squabble.

Don't correct "Brolly" That's the one FUNimation used.

Zeth wrote : You don't seem to grasp the fundamental concept that defines reality. There is no immutable notion of right and wrong. There are no absolute truths. Life is pure perception -- eye of the beholder and all that.

You don't seem to understand truth is truth. There's isn't anything else.

It's not a matter of laziness.

Yes, it is.

Something that's widely accepted or popular opinion doesn't make it instantly the only possibility.

So, you're saying that I can pronounce someone's name differently. It will be okay because that's how I perceive it? No, that's messed up. That just makes you a huge jerk who doesn't care to pronounce someone's name right on how it was intended to be said.

Take ZEQ, for instance. It's intended to be pronounced by each letter (Zee-Eee-Queue). Is it different than the creators intent to pronounce it as Zeck, Zeke, or Zed-queue? Absolutely. Is it flat out wrong to do so? Absolutely not.

YES, IT IS WRONG! You just don't care that people are getting it wrong. So, again? I can say someone's name wrong and it's absolutely fine? No, it's not! you just said a false statement.

When it comes to names alone, the pronunciation doesn't oft change the meaning. If how you enunciate or translate a word doesn't change any actual attribute of what the object truly is (or is construed as), arguing about lingual factors becomes a superficial squabble.

People are lazy and take anything as truth when it's not. Get over it.

Open your mind or I'll open the door.

Zeth wrote : Open your mind or I'll open the door.

Truth is truth, if you can't except it, be my guest.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

so... you are spamming this thread just because the name of the enemy of that l@me movie?... like Zeth said the names of some characters change because the translation in differents countries... another example is "Vegeta" "vejeta" or "Bejīta" so... stop this fan-boy debate... and the most important stop ruining this thread with that stuff...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

I agree with Anty, this entire artument over a character's name is off topic, and it's my personal opinion that it's unwise to argue with Brad/Zeth over something so trivial, especially since A: he's right, and B: he's the website administrator and has full power and authority to boot you off the site(not that he would, but keep in mind that he can).

AnTy wrote : so... you are spamming this thread just because the name of the enemy of that l@me movie?... like Zeth said the names of some characters change because the translation in differents countries... another example is "Vegeta" "vejeta" or "Bejīta" so... stop this fan-boy debate... and the most important stop ruining this thread with that stuff...

They are confirmed names from the people who own the rights to his name. The fans didn't make up the name, Akira Toryama and other people who own the rights to to the character. You can't decide over someone who made the character what the name of the character is.

agree with Anty, this entire artument over a character's name is off topic...

I just asked a simple question and I got an answer which seemed pretty lacking.

it's my personal that it's unwise to argue with / over something so trivial, especially since A: he's right

He's not right. I've proven the truth but people can't accept it.

B: he's the website administrator and has full power and authority to boot you off the site(not that he would, but keep in mind that he can).

I already got a warning, I don't even have a doubt that I'll be kicked off.

gemy87 View user's profile Send private message

any news? updates? Sad

Awsome425 wrote : I already got a warning, I don't even have a doubt that I'll be kicked off.

If you keep antagonizing people, of course you're going to get booted from the site, so stop it and just let it go.

Zeth wrote : Open your mind or I'll open the door.

The meaning behind this is very clear to me, but you obviously missed it by continuing with this argument in the first place, so I'll explain it to you, Awesome425...

"Open your mind" basically means, when you come into a discussion/debate about pretty much anything, you have to be willing to listen to the other side and acknowledge what they have to say, not simply dismiss it outright(the latter of which is exactly what you're doing whether you'll admit it or not). And "I'll open the door" means basically that since you're too unreasonable to listen to the other side's perspective, there's no point in even discussing things with you, because you're so convinced you're right that nothing will ever convince you otherwise rendering the entire discussion pointless.

Basically, unless I'm mistaken, Brad was telling you that there's no point in continuing the discussion with you because you're not even listening to him, or for that matter, anyone else.

Now drop this topic already, or take it to another thread, because this one's already big enough without all the inane off topic gobbledygook...

Awesome425...

At least be respectful and put my name right.

Awsome425, not Awesome425

Which is basically what I'm saying people are too lazy or not even respectful enough to put the name in right or say the right name.

Basically, unless I'm mistaken, Brad was telling you that there's no point in continuing the discussion with you because you're not even listening to him, or for that matter, anyone else.

I did listen. But I'm not accepting the lies he gives. Opening your mind can lead in truth but it can also lead in lies which is what I'm hearing here. (Or reading)

[/img][/b]

No, you obviously didn't listen at all, I told you to drop it and just leave it be.

And excuse me if I misspelled your name which is derived from a real word, when typing it muscle memory had me type it out according to its proper English spelling... Regardless, I'm not siding with Brad, I'm just telling you to knock it off. I am being respectful, but saying someone is lying, as you just did, is the exact opposite of respectful. Pot, meet Kettle...

Now, will a Mod please either split these posts into a separate thread where he can continue asserting his veiwpoint that no one here cares about there, or simply delete these posts all together? They have no place here, and contribute nothing to the topic of discussion for which this thread is intended...

Shenku wrote : No, you obviously didn't listen at all, I told you to drop it and just leave it be.

I did listen, there's a difference between listening and obeying. I listened but I'm not going lie and say I'm wrong just so people can keep using the wrong word.

And excuse me if I misspelled your name which is derived from a real word, when typing it muscle memory had me type it out according to its proper English spelling... Regardless, I'm not siding with Brad, I'm just telling you to knock it off. I am being respectful

At the very least you could do is apologize, not be even more disrespectful. -_-

...but saying someone is lying, as you just did, is the exact opposite of respectful. Pot, meet Kettle...

How did I lie? I spoke truth, but people don't want to except truth and accept lies.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 17, 2014

Shenku did apologize. Note the "excuse me". Also, why do you keep insisting that whatever you say is the truth and everything else is a lie? Every single one of your posts reeks of arrogance. No exception.

You make a claim, and back it up with supporting facts that seem valid or reasonable to you, and then when the other side does the same, you lash out at them and call them liars, because you refuse to accept that anyone except you could be right, that there can be more than one "truth" in any given situation.

It makes it very hard to take you seriously, and even harder to pursue a conversation or debate with you. You go "la la la I can't hear you I'm always right" because you can't actually argue with people properly. You may shake the table, but you aren't the better chess player.

So saying "excuse me", a way of respectfully addressing someone whilst appologizing for something, is disrespectful now....? You clearly read my post wrong, especially since nowhere in it did I ever accuse you of lying... Now just drop it already, you're only giving people more reasons to not like you because of how argumentative and defensive you are over something so trivial...

Let me repeat, no one cares. You're arguing over nothing.

Now will a moderator please remove these posts from this thread, this is getting out of hand now, and contributes absolutely nothing to anything...

Now will a moderator please remove these posts from this thread, this is getting out of hand now, and contributes absolutely nothing to anything...

Really wish I could split it, but due to our system being derived from phpbb2 and the fact that the moderator control panel tries to load all 5000+ posts at once, the query just ends up choking for this thread. The only solution will be to just clip this argument from ever existing (which I'd try to refrain from) or dip into database editing.

I'll take care of it when I get a chance soon.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]