Content

1, 2  >>

New type of beams/aura ?

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 21, 2014

HI! I created this post to ask if someone has made a new type of beams(kame, final flash etc..) that use model as a trail, or others ideas like that, because I want to make this kind of attacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMUkjcI1s3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeSmq9nwpc (kame and big bang kame)

Trail are not enough and it's improbable to make them spin (it would be laggy too...)

edit: OH MY GOODNESS word filter...

Edit: added a new subject to the thread to avoid more threads..

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : HI! I created this post to ask if someone has made a new type of beams(kame, final flash etc..) that use model as a trail, or others ideas like that, because I want to make this kind of attacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMUkjcI1s3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeSmq9nwpc (kame and big bang kame)

Trail are not enough and it's improbable to make them spin (it would be laggy too...)

edit: OH MY GOODNESS word filter...

So what you want is one huge beam instead of the current thin trail and a large beam head?

I think that's an easy change to implement, and I'm almost sure some gamepacks have done it. Have a look around the addon forums.

Reply with quote Saturday, February 22, 2014

For the missile and the flash it's seems to be okay but the trail... -_-'
/
O //
|< <O========O
^ \\
\

OH MY GOODNESS I JUST MADE BETTER EFFECT *intense laughter*

and it would be awesome if a beam disapear like the first kamehameha in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MWts41AOY

it is possible too ?

Reply with quote Saturday, March 01, 2014

HELLPPP MEE please!!!

I'll never finish my 2 of my addons without this Crying or Very sad

(or will have shittty quality...)

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nobody cares, even for an interesting thing... Crying or Very sad

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Nobody cares, even for an interesting thing... Crying or Very sad

I just got some interesting results from messing around with the original beam flash model, and it's pretty close to what you seem to be looking for, although far from perfect... Can't post any screenshots because my internet's down again at the moment, but as a hint, try editing the generic beam flash model to be longer(and maybe adding a few duplicates of the cone shapes at varying sizes to get the shape to blend over the increased length)That way when it's scaled way up, it'll appear correctly.

As far as the beam fading, and the whole thing shrinking after the attack is over, that will require some code editing to allow for animating the flash/trail to shrink after hitting the target, as well as some way to better blend the beam trail into the beam flash so it doesn't have such a sharp edge...

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

it makes it look a lot more like a blast form Dragon Ball Z raging blast but only if I could code *laughing out loud* I would make it fade out after the attack

mmh.. thanks shenku, but I don't know how to make the flash bigger without it to grow on all dimensions (and positive/negative growth...) because it would grow on the character too *intense laughter*

does it works if I put size [x.x x.x] in the flash function ?

it could have been more simple if I could do that

trail{

model: "xxxxxx"
skin: "xxxxxxx"
size [x.x x.x]

I don't know why they didn't have implanted this before Sad

I think it should be a tutorial on this Confused It could be awesome if we could do a new flash/trail generation and with a maximum optimisation for smart configs.

No no, not through the script, you have to edit the model itself in either Misfit Model 3D or 3DS Max and save it out as an md3 file(preferably as a new file with its own scripts/shaders). You may also consider editing the texture in Photoshop to make it fill up the model better, for example use the spherify filter to stretch the image outwards once or twice(Looked better that way for me), and it should look a lot more "solid".

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 12, 2014

okay but to make it grow, should I do anims ? I'm not used to make new attacks :\

for the scripts and all, on my addons, I create a new folder and modify all the scripts/skins/default.grfx because revo 5 (the most used ZEQ2 gamepack I think) don't have new flashes like there is on revo gold, after, because it may make bugs on other attacks for those who has same scripts functions, and to avoid people to delete the bad file randomly and make bugs one or many characters.

That's how I make skills, I have actually done(finished luka's works) the charge of the new big bang kame from revo gold and I wanted a spectaculary flash/trail to make the character PURE BADASS Very Happy.

The problem with this game, is that nobody posted a thread with ZEQ2 limits. I mean if it's possible to put a model for the trail, having all the commands/cfg commands/scripts command/grfx,phys functions or limits etc.. :>

To make good things I think we have to know the most about the game

There's no thread about the limits of the engine because for many of them we don't know exactly what they are. That's why people making addons should be trying to push the engine as far as it'll go so we better know what needs to be changed/added/fixed.

A good example being my discovery that negative numbers for attack costs gives you health/energy instead of subtracting it like normal positive numbers do. I didn't know I could do that until after I tried it, so it goes to show that you need to experiment more with the engine to see if you can do things you wouldn't have thought possible before. Tinker with the grfx and phys files a little, they're actually a lot more flexible than the SVN characters make use of.

Could be interesting for Buu: a beam to heal your allies Smile

there's so many question without answers... Sad

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Could be interesting for Buu: a beam to heal your allies Smile

there's so many question without answers... Sad

Tried using that for healing others, didn't seem to work, but it wasn't really an intended feature of the attacks so who knows(I'll try tinkering with it again when I get a chance, since it would be nice to have the ability to help allies out).

As it stands now though, it seems to work better as a self heal ability, I.e. Piccolo growing a new arm(if reversing damage states works properly, which I haven't tested). Especially since in current development builds, the ability to heal by overcharging has been greatly limited. This would work great as an ability for someone like Buu who can seemingly regenerate at will.

And as for those questions without answers, that's what experimentation is for.

The problem is: ZEQ2 IS A FFA Laughing so... healing others Laughing

maybe... do you think I should create a thread where everyone can ask this kind of theories/pertinent questions ? (I hope there won't be spams idiotic questions like "how to transform" or "how to transform to ssjoverninethousandx100")

I'm not sure that having a dedicated thread would do very much, since with the amount of things that have yet to be explored by most people around here, any given topic can easily get burried 5, 10, even 50 pages in never to be answered.

The best thing to do is just try things, and if you're not sure how to do it, then make a thread and ask.

I have so many questions too x) it would be discomforting if someone create 1 thread for one question at a time x)

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I have so many questions too x) it would be discomforting if someone create 1 thread for one question at a time x)

I'm not sayig you personally need to create a new thread for each question, but rather that you should have your own thread for such questions, where as, say Nello for instance, would have his own thread. That way his questions don't clutter up the thread leaving your questions unanswered, or vice versa.

Reply with quote Friday, March 14, 2014

Uploading this stuff from a friend's house, but it's a quick video showing the changes I mentioned... (Note: I slowed down the speed of the attacks to assist with examining the effect for a longer period of time before it hit something and disappeared...)

http://youtu.be/frk99vfq9vI

And some screenshots...

that's nice shenku I've been trying to make a few new blast too I don't have any pictures to say the less. Very Happy

it could be perfect if you can make the other polygons of the flash growth at the same time with the trail (almost the effect I search) but it's not bad Very Happy

there's something in the code of the game that can make an extrusion the flash (like I said in the previous post).

Reply with quote Saturday, March 15, 2014

off topic: how do you convert Misfit Model 3D flies so you can use them in blender and how do you add textures the object I'm making he double hockey sticks as a map *laughing out loud*. I only posted this here because I didn't want to make a theard for something so small.

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

ryku220 wrote : off topic: how do you convert Misfit Model 3D flies so you can use them in blender and how do you add textures the object I'm making he double hockey sticks as a map *laughing out loud*. I only posted this here because I didn't want to make a theard for something so small.

save it as a .obj the open Blender.

thanks

Reply with quote Thursday, March 20, 2014

Does model animations (in the flash) work in game ?

it would be simple finally (but will have to stop when it touch something x) )

Reply with quote Sunday, March 23, 2014

hows the character?

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]