Content

fraglimit

TheBadGuy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 13, 2014

hi guys it's the first thread for me here you can find me in ZEQ2 lite by the same name Very Happy I just wanna ask what is fraglimt ?

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 14, 2014

There is none. There isn't even a score.

ZEQ2-Lite is just something you mess round in. No player stats or anything like that.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

No player stats or anything like that.

For NOW Very Happy maybe few years before someone continue the code Laughing

>TheBadGuy

Fraglimit function is a like a timelimit but for frags/kill. You can set the limit of start a rather interesting conversation with you want and when you reach it in game it stop the current game and begin another.

TheBadGuy View user's profile Send private message

thank you guys . Very Happy

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote : There is none. There isn't even a score.

ZEQ2-Lite is just something you mess round in. No player stats or anything like that.

Yes, and as I understand it there's no intention of adding "scoring stats" to ZEQ2-Lite because characters in the series never kept "score".

Although, I think someone made a Addon that added scoring back in, but it's not an "official" feature that will be put onto the SVN.

Reply with quote Saturday, March 15, 2014

>Shenku

anyway, except characters and maps, nobody will make ZEQ2 lite better in the rest.

I don't know why Zeth don't post an annouce to seek some programmers who love ZEQ2 and want to work for free Laughing

Crying or Very sad

is there a way to modify the code ? (qvm files I think)

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Shenku

anyway, except characters and maps, nobody will make ZEQ2 lite better in the rest.

I don't know why Zeth don't post an annouce to seek some programmers who love ZEQ2 and want to work for free :*laughing out loud*:

Crying or Very sad

is there a way to modify the code ? (qvm files I think)

there is allway's a way. try asking for the ZEQ2 Lite Source. Embarassed

You really think he will give it to me x) ? And I'll have to learn the language by studying the code Surprised.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

You really think he will give it to me x) ? And I'll have to learn the language by studying the code Surprised.

The Source of ZEQ2 Lite itself is Open to All.

mmmh.. okay, what does it need to be edited ? (program)

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : mmmh.. okay, what does it need to be edited ? (program)

I am not quite familiar with what's what on the ZEQ2 lite source Code actually. Embarassed but Zeth or someothers That have actually worked on the Source Might provide some insights that are needed to edit its infrastructure. try getting on to the IRC Channel of ZEQ2 Lite and ask there.

But before I get interested on the code I'll maybe finish my unfinished addons *intense laughter*

All the source code is on the SVN, and anyone and everyone is free to poke through it if they want; that's why it's there.

Just make sure you keep the folder structure the same, and any code changes should compile fine(I.e. keep the Build, Media, and Source folders all within the same folder, which they should be already if you did your SVN checkout from the root folder instead of the Build folder mentioned on the download page). Otherwise when you compile your changes, it won't be able to locate the Build folder to overwrite the appropriate files to apply those changes.

I think the principal and easier thing to change are the menu (mostly character menu, with costume selection which will make the character list tinyier) and the hud (I think we really need a new hud with health and ki separated (and maybe the power level in the left corner).

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I don't know why Zeth don't post an annouce to seek some programmers who love ZEQ2 and want to work for free

Cause that's not what ZEQ2-lite is. ZEQ2-lite is a learning device. Its there so that people with the interest of game creation can practice.

Think of it as a boxers punching bag for game creators. Its here for people who want to learn to experiment on.

and no one was interested since one year... and there's a lot of fan of this "game" who don't just wait an 1853 version but a stable 1852. But no money, no chocolate they think (interested developers/learners) Laughing

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

What makes you think recruitment would go any different than the one attempted last September? Keep in mind that the last news entry made on both ModDB and the blog were for recruitment of developers for ZEQ2 (not lite), but still had minimal applicants.

Reply with quote Sunday, March 16, 2014

Oh didn't know you tried to recruit x) but I personnaly think it become crucial to improve the game by the code because f3+ is almost at the limit of what we can do with ZEQ2-lite and there's many thing to improve outside the characters/maps. Everything I try to do is too much for ZEQ2-lite x) and we haven't enough informations about the limits/functions available etc...

But it's only my opinion Confused

As I said in the other thread, the problem isn't not knowing the limits, it's that people aren't really pushing them to see what they are. Most of what I've seen from packs like F3+ are predominately just new models and textures. Attack wise, if mentioned much at all(I admit I don't really follow the thread that closely), are just reskinned, using different particles, but otherwise copies of the basic attacks that the SVN characters already have. There's nothing new being tried with them from a functional point of view, because everyone's too focused on visuals.

That in turn is why the code is largely untouched by most of the community here. You're all focusing on character addons, attack effects, hud/menu mods, maps, exc., but you're all ignoring the incomplete systems that could turn ZEQ2-Lite from a "sandbox project" into an actual game.

What's worse, is that while you're all focusing on visuals, you guys are largely being imitative of each other, not innovative. You're all trying to copy what someone else has made with only some minor improvements(my previously complained about 50+ Goku addons, ten versions of the same maps, exc.), and very few people here are actually working on anything new. That's largely the problem right there with a majority of this community.

Learning how to do things is all well and good, but learning while trying to make something new would be better. This is why I made Videl for my first start to finish addon. She was a good canidate as an addon because no one was working on her, and I could learn to model and animate while still contributing something new to the community:

What's worse, is that while you're all focusing on visuals, you guys are largely being imitative of each other, not innovative

I hope I'm not in this group... Sad

even if I maybe copyied 1 or 2 idea it's because this version was bugged/unfinished and will never be. But I try to make new stuff too Sad Crying or Very sad

the proof: Link

but I'm not the one who want quality addons/maps etc.. in ZEQ2, I search something very customisable that could make the quality, sandbox or not the most players consider ZEQ2-lite as a game. If I could I would help on that way Sad. (code)

Even if I explain bad I hope you understood what I mean Sad

For now the only way is to search and inovate new things with what we have Smile . Hoping it will works Confused

Actually Aravind is the perfect example of ZEQ2-lite used right.

Reply with quote Monday, March 17, 2014

Grega wrote : Actually Aravind is the perfect example of ZEQ2-lite used right.

*laughing out loud* Embarassed strongly doubt that though Very Happy .

Aravind wrote :

You practiced on ZEQ2-lite and have moved on to make your own project. what's there to doubt. The entire goal of lite is to get people who are interested to start doing dev stuff.

Grega wrote :

Aravind wrote :

You practiced on ZEQ2-lite and have moved on to make your own project. what's there to doubt. The entire goal of lite is to get people who are interested to start doing dev stuff.

allway's thought of it Like an SandBox Where you can Learn Dev Stuff Along with Developing the Sandbox itself. but I learned only the Dev-stuff and moved onto making my own Sandbox and didn't Quite Develop the Originate Sandbox itself that much. but I do wish and ought to Continue and Improvise ZEQ2 Lite [Originate Sandbox] Someday.

Actually Aravind is the perfect example of ZEQ2-lite used right.

I never said I was... but I try my best with knowing the 1/4 of ZEQ2-lite functions Crying or Very sad

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]