sirage View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Hi All
I need help
I make a server 0/56 but I need help "how to Let the Srver 24/24 Hours
And Thank you

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 02, 2014

You need to pay for that or you can still let your computer on *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 02, 2014

how to pay for that ?

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 03, 2014

Oh man you're not for real Laughing

Reply with quote Thursday, April 03, 2014

Razz

Reply with quote Friday, April 04, 2014

what about my question?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

To sum it up, since these knuckleheads aren't fully answering your question (either because they're touched in the head or because your question was posted on April Fool's Day and they didn't think it was serious, I'm not sure...), you need a static IP address to host a publicly accessible server or port-forwarding software that allows others to connect to your server.

Otherwise they can't connect to you at all because most Internet packages that customers get have dynamic IP addresses which means they are changing regularly and make it improbable to host a server without some form of port-forwarding software to act as an anchor for people to latch onto.

The other solution would be to find a website hosting service that will allow you to run a ZEQ2-Lite server from their servers or a friend who is capable of hosting it for you. I'm sure you could make arrangements with one of the people in the community here who hosts servers to maybe run an additional one for you with the addons of your choice.

As far as running it 24/7, that's just a matter of not turning off the server and leaving it running on your computer/server/friend's computer/webhosting service/exc....

The other solution would be to find a website hosting service that will allow you to run a ZEQ2-Lite server from their servers

I think that's what he wanted to know and he has to pay for that. Am I wrong ? Or this is different for ZEQ2-lite Confused ?

If you choose this option you'll have to pay (depends on slot I think), but choose the good one or your serv will have 200+ ms (unplayable in ZEQ2-lite...) (I'm maybe wrong, sorry I never hosted/paid for 24h server)

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

The other solution would be to find a website hosting service that will allow you to run a ZEQ2-Lite server from their servers

I think that's what he wanted to know and he has to pay for that. Am I wrong ? Or this is different for ZEQ2-lite Confused ?

If you choose this option you'll have to pay (depends on slot I think), but choose the good one or your serv will have 200+ ms (unplayable in ZEQ2-lite...) (I'm maybe wrong, sorry I never hosted/paid for 24h server)

Yes, but you didn't explain to him "to pay for what", you just said "You need to pay for that" which doesn't say what "that" is at all leaving him not understanding what you're saying. If he's asking these types of questions, he most likely doesn't know the first thing about webhosting in general, so more explanation is needed than what you originally gave.

And not all web server hosting plans cost money, there are some free ones out there. It's true though that those free plans are impractical for the purposes of hosting a ZEQ2-Lite server.

And Sirage, since it seems you're not too familiar with how servers work, I think your time would be better spent making arrangements with someone more knowledgeable/capable who can host it for you. Like I said, I'm sure one of the folks here who regularly hosts a server would have little issue setting up an additional one for you with the Addons of your choice if you ask them nicely enough. I'm sure their computer can handle running two different servers without too much of an impact.

Or, you can simply just use one of the existing servers and play using the base SVN characters instead of the Addons. A lot of the addons are less balanced anyways, so using the base SVN characters is slightly more fair.

Reply with quote Saturday, April 05, 2014

I said he "need" to pay because free web server hosting vacuums for playing... (it already vacuums for TeamSpeak/mumble etc... *intense laughter*)

like I said on another thread, a good server is one where we can play with less problems as possible, am I right ? . Confused

Postscript: Zeth, why you don't remove this word filter Twisted Evil +

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]