Content

texturing help

divinemaniac with a fake title View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 05, 2009

Hey guys, I want to make some characters for ZEQII but I don't know how to create the texture files. I use 3Ds MAX 2009. I mean the files like for Goku "GokuheadSS.png", "GokulegsSS.png". How do I create one for my own models. Is it the image editing softwares or is there any other way? Help will be appreciated. Please help!

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Yes, you'll need an image editor to manage these file types. Photoshop, Gimp, Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, etc. There are a lot of free ones available (even with some web versions). Just google around a bit Smile

thanks for the great help Zeth. But, how do I know if I'm doing it right? Suppose I want to make Gohan's face. Do I make the face in the texture or in the 3D model. And if I have to make make it in the texture then, (after seeing all the other head textures, they are unrecognisible. we can't tell which character's head that is by seeing them.) how do I know what to make where? suppose where do I make the hair or the eyes or the face???

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Explore the miracle of UVW mapping.
That tells the texture where to go on the model.

thanks TRL. Help appreciated. Smile

Kai View user's profile Send private message

A little' trick I use Very HappyVery Happy

When your making the face, IF your starting out fresh on it from a scratch, when you make the lines and fill it and stuff, your sure going to use a texture behind it so you make the lines be based same as the texture, so when you finish the face for example, the texture you used to make the face will be set up at the same spot that you made the lines based on the texture and it will fit it perfectly.
Or in short terms the texture will fit it self depending how you made the face

Works only if you start from a scratch

thanks kai. thanks all of you. I found a guide to UVW. And thanks again... Surprised

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]