Content

Fund Raising - Part 3

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 15, 2014

EDIT: Goal reached! Thanks so so much for the donations! We are good now for a long time Smile We will survive, and we will continue!

Hi there! It's that time again.

The host, Dreamhost, which provides ZEQ2-lite with this site, forums, and SVN for the project, are asking for payment once more. Smile

The due date is July 20th.

Dreamhost hosting costs $214.80 every two years.

I humbly ask, for donations to raise enough funds to pay for another 2 years of hosting. Smile

We managed to do it the last two times, can we do it again? Very Happy

If you are interested, then read on Smile

If donations exceed the total required, then they will carry on over for the next 2 years of hosting, or if you wish a refund.

If we don't reach the total required, then all donations will be refunded back, something bad will happen, like the host shutting us down.

I can refund your donation at any time if you wish.

Donate using this page: Here.

If you get problems with that page, then you can send donations via PayPal to this address: [email protected]

Thank you for reading, please support ZEQ2-lite!

All those that donate will definitely be worshipped like Lloyds for keeping this place alive Very Happy

We have $35.02 to start off with from last time since we had that much more then we needed previously Smile

Total money raised: $309.90

Donators:
Igor
Kevin
Dominique
Harri

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 16, 2014

It's cool to do that but will it survive 2 more years ?...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

It's cool to do that but will it survive 2 more years ?...

Of course. You haven't been around very long to know, but it's received donations for hosting for this exact amount multiple times (often going over and rolling on to next cycle). The community is comprised of more than just kids living with their parents without jobs.

Yeah, I'm not there since a long (on the forum), but seeing an overall view of the community, some stop their works (even kids of moddb are stopping x) ), I see less and less people every month, except in game, there's still same amount of uninformed participators... I only see anty who come to show something for ZEQ2 (I don't know if the world map is still on..).

Edit: Seeing, donations work show some people still trust in ZEQ2's project and it's a good thing, I just hope someone will continue Crying or Very sad ... It's been 1 year and a half that there's no code update :'(

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Got a donation from Igor, thanks! Added your name to the first post Smile

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The ZEQ2 community is not dead just busy the world map isn't dead just on hold until gokua and Ivan are ready to continue I can't make any textures at the moment with no Internet so where on hold this community will pull though as always.

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The world map isn't all the community of ZEQ2 and I don't see why all the community is busy... I'm sorry I can't continue to talk about this here, it's far from the subject of the thread .. Confused

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : it's far from the subject of the thread .. Confused

Well, you kind of made it relevant by equating the value of donating to your projected life expectancy of this community.

In short, though, what you see coming from the community does not equate to the same worth as keeping the community alive. You can't simply look at the addons or changes, but you also have to look at how individuals have acquired skills, and that's priceless.

You have to think of the skills that you could learn. You want to learn those skills and be true to yourself, rather than becoming just an amalgam of what you can see.

>Skatter

Well, I follow ZEQ2 since september 2012 and I see peoples improve and all.. But I'm of the part of the guys that are interested and want to see more about the project. These project has so much potential with all the devoted fans of Dragon Ball that works for. Seeing how are the forum with all the main workers and even the HQ for uninformed participators named moddb deserted, I'm a little BIG worried Sad

I once saw one of my favourite communities down, and when it was really good it makes like a shock Sad I don't want something I like for once in my whole life be down again... (mmhh.. I already heard this kind of sentence somewhere Confused)

Anyway, you see what I mean Sad...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Skatter

Well, I follow ZEQ2 since september 2012 and I see peoples improve and all.. But I'm of the part of the guys that are interested and want to see more about the project. These project has so much potential with all the devoted fans of Dragon Ball that works for. Seeing how are the forum with all the main workers and even the HQ for uninformed participators named moddb deserted, I'm a little BIG worried Sad

I once saw one of my favourite communities down, and when it was really good it makes like a shock Sad I don't want something I like for once in my whole life be down again... (mmhh.. I already heard this kind of sentence somewhere Confused)

Anyway, you see what I mean Sad...

The community's site shut down once before (2005 or 2006? Can't remember when exactly, and was more of a lurker than an actual member of the community then...) for a couple years even I think (My memory's fuzzy on that period of time, but I know I hung onto the bookmark for the site and checked every few months to see if the site by some bizarre voodoo-witch-magic came back...), eventually bouncing back in 2009 with the new site, ZEQ2-Lite being pushed out by Dave and Brad as something we could actually download and "play" with(And I use the term "play" very loosely since my definition differs from most gamers; explained in a second...), and a whole new group of people who had only just found out about it, new folks who started making and contributing stuff(This is how I "play"...), and even still this community continues to exist and provide a platform to help people learn and grow as both artists and game developers in general.

Just remember, just because there's not much activity right now doesn't necessarily mean the community is dead. Some people may come and go, but this project and community isn't going anywhere. It's existed and lasted since the distant yesteryears of the early 2000's, I don't think a little inactivity for a few months is going to derail it...

Besides, with summer coming, some folks might be getting more free time soon, so I doubt it's going to be slow like this for very much longer...

And if the "slowness of progress with code changes" is bugging you so much, why don't you try learning to code from Brad (Or maybe pick up a book or two from your local library) and try to help out instead of just complaining? If for every complaint there was also an added line of code, we'd have a finished "game" by now...

Oh, and donation sent.

> Shenku

Woah, you are a true museum as yourself Laughing

I didn't say it was dead, I was just worried of the inactivity since few.. You prove me it was nothing, thanks. If I could help on code I would but I can't actually because I'm still in school and I don't have to fail (and for svn work I'm not enough skilled)... The summer holiday is already here since a week but some are still in exams. Counting Anty, Ivan, Gokua, Ryku, krisfhugz and few others who works for summer I regain hope Smile

Maybe the nostalgia of the oav I just watch gave me hope too Smile

Anyway I return on work Very Happy I have some characters to do : >

Reply with quote Thursday, June 19, 2014

Got a donation from Kevin, thanks! Added your name to the first post Smile

This truly helps!

>MDave

Shenku donated too : o

Yeah, Kevin is his real name Wink

Mwooo, revelation D: x)

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 20, 2014

MDave wrote : Yeah, Kevin is his real name Wink

Yup.

Not really much of a revelation, unless your one of those people who believes in one of those obscure forms of magic from various books/movies/exc. where knowing someone's "True Name" gives you power over them...

Reply with quote Friday, June 20, 2014

It was a joke, I know it's not a revelation x)
Seriously, even knowing your name, what can I do ?
But a little advice, don't tell your name to another french or in a french community if you want to avoid spam/insults. I know the probability is low but just a warn if it happens.. Prevention is better than cure :Chinese:

Reply with quote Monday, July 14, 2014

Dominique Also known as Domitjen, has donated a huge $205.66!

He has saved us all, together with the other amazing donators Very Happy

Thanks so much guys, its such a great help!

Now bow down to these mighty donator warriors that have saved the planet Razz hah!

Reply with quote Monday, July 14, 2014

205 $ Shocked

Respect, I'm on my knees...

It has to worth it! Hope these 2 years will give something interesting and finished to the ZEQ2 project.

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm just happy I could help:)

ScifiSpirit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Domitjen wrote : I'm just happy I could help:)

You almost paid for the hosting all by yourself. I'm impressed. You know, this time I was going to donate too, but reaching the goal shouldn't stop me, right?
So I sent mine.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thanks a lot guys, and thanks Harri for donating $27.41 Very Happy Money left over will go towards next fund raising in 2 years time Smile

Thank you all again!

ASD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 23, 2014

slam it, I love you guys

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]