Content

<<  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  >>

ZOPU: Now with Ultra Instinct! Sorta...

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 10, 2014

Zeth wrote :

*laughing out loud* dw I've got this on my own haha

I don't think he was implying you couldn't work together. He was just equating the chaos to how fiscally impractical college was for him.

I know haha I'm just saying I've got this Wink

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 12, 2014

Seeing as how you're open to suggestions on mêlée, Shenku, why not consider a hot key to toggle between mêlée and projectile type attacks? This way you could even further expand on both forms of attack as they would no longer be sharing a space in the player's arsenal.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

*laughing out loud* dw I've got this on my own haha

I don't think he was implying you couldn't work together. He was just equating the chaos to how fiscally impractical college was for him.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot while I was in college, but it was a mixed blessing. The things I learned have not yet been able to offset the debt it gave me, and that's my only real complaint. The school promised a lot of things they never delivered on(specifically about their career services department which was suppose to help find me a good job after graduating, but instead told me to apply at Office Depot, then said it was my fault that they couldn't help me find anything better than retail jobs........)

Djosama wrote : Seeing as how you're open to suggestions on mêlée, Shenku, why not consider a hot key to toggle between mêlée and projectile type attacks? This way you could even further expand on both forms of attack as they would no longer be sharing a space in the player's arsenal.

Here's my issue with the idea of "switching" between mêlée and ranged attacks, and more specifically with switching between the different ranged attacks themselves. In a fight, you sometimes don't have time to make that switch when you need to. This was one of my complaints with that setup in Earth Special Forces, as well as a little with ZEQ2-Lite, Bid For Power, ZEQ, exc. Heck, sometimes in a panic, I'd even scroll past the attack I wanted, and end up hosed because I was using the wrong attack which either was mêlée(from range) or took to long to charge leaving me not actually doing anything.

Having to scroll through a potentially large list of different attacks means it'll take even longer to switch to the one you want, meaning going from a Ki Storm to a Kamehameha requires you to stop firing the Ki Storm first, then switch, then charge up and fire the Kamehameha, then if you need to go back switch again back to Ki Storm, instead of just firing the Ki Storm and instantly using a Kamehameha instead.

Think about it like this; if you were to have those abilities in real life, would you stop to "switch" which one you currently were using(equipping), or would you just use the other one right away?

This is partially why I'm currently leaning towards the "MMO/DCUO" style of using the number keys for the different ranged attacks(firing them directly, not just switching to them), and leaving the mouse buttons for mêlée combat. I'm just not sure if it's something that would work the best, but it's a better solution in my opinion than forcing the player to pick the "active" attack...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Here's my issue with the idea of "switching" between mêlée and ranged attacks, and more specifically with switching between the different ranged attacks themselves. In a fight, you sometimes don't have time to make that switch when you need to. This was one of my complaints with that setup in Earth Special Forces, as well as a little with ZEQ2-Lite, Bid For Power, ZEQ, exc. Heck, sometimes in a panic, I'd even scroll past the attack I wanted, and end up hosed because I was using the wrong attack which either was mêlée(from range) or took to long to charge leaving me not actually doing anything.

The need for instant usage of attacks was actually addressed (for the exact same reasons) in ZEQ2 plans long ago; however, it was never introduced into ZEQ2-lite. Our solution was basically a direct way of using any attack. I believe we had considered both a mouse ring and a press number to use attack premise at first, but actually came up with a context-applicable solution that removed the need altogether for a slew of "MMO-style" skill buttons or extraneous overlays.

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Working on Point Gravity because I'm bored... Sorta working, but only so long as I stay away from the North/South poles of the "planet"... Otherwise it whips around and faces 180 degrees the other direction...

Camera rotation is also "locked" currently to whatever the Z vector's rotation is and I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it so you can turn and look around while properly taking the "ground" location into account...

Probably not going to actually make King Kai's planet, just seeing how/if point gravity can be done using only Blueprints...

abah View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 10, 2014

impressive Shocked

Zay View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 12, 2015

Shenku! How are you doing on this brother?! This could be huge for Bootsting and Charging brother!

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Zay wrote : Shenku! How are you doing on this brother?! This could be huge for Bootsting and Charging brother!

Laptop died about a month ago, so I can't even work on it right now since Unreal 4 requires at least Windows Vista, and my desktop still only has Windows XP...

So since this and Spritehaven(another game I'm working on, working title...) are on indefinite hold pending funds to upgrade my Desktop/replace my laptop, I'm working on a third older game instead that I started on in UDK(which has no issue running on XP).

I had a few ZEQ2-Lite assets that I had used to test with initially, and more recently I finally started figuring out menu setup, alternate player-character selection, HUD setup, dodge-rolling mechanics(still buggy), special attack functions, exc.

It has some basic AI support that I still meed to work on, and the ZEQ2-Lite related assets are eventually going to be dropped entirely in favor of original characters/textures. Aka-Chan(from my other thread) will be one of the player-characters, along with at least 3 others that I haven't made yet, and it's going to be more of a 3rd Person Beat 'em Up than anything. Initial plan is to have a "Campaign" story mode and a "Endless Hoard" score-based mode(kill as many buggers as you can until you die, or until you get bored if you're really awesome.). Current target is PC with the possibility of going Mobile/Console depending on finances and time(mostly finances since I'd need to remake all the 3D assets with a professional version of 3DS Max instead of the Student version I have now, not to mention Dev-Kit costs for any given console... I'm already an approved Nintendo developer, but I can't afford the hardware presently, and looking at the PlayStation 4 or XBOX One would only increase that cost further...).

I had an early early early early alpha version that I setup at my school's booth last year at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo(C2E2) and it seemed like people were enjoying it...

It may end up with a non-finished Dragon Ball Z/ZEQ2-Lite version, but that remains to be seen, as currently the AI spazzes out and just stands in place staring at you if you fly more than 5 feet off the ground(apparently the AI system doesn't know how to do path-finding in the air... Like at all...)...

Anyways, here's a quick screenshot of some stuff I was toying with today... Finally have Character Select system working(albeit very hacked together...), and was messing around with the AI a little while tinkering with it, and decided I wanted to punch Brolly in the schnoz...

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 17, 2015

Post another gameplay vid of your updated build, orrr can you link it to me? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 18, 2015

Wow, looks powerful! 0o

I don't know why but it remembers me of final bout aura. *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Sunday, January 18, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Wow, looks powerful! 0o

I don't know why but it remembers me of final bout aura. *intense laughter*

I'm still having issues with the Aura system as setup currently, actually... Auras are ticking/updating one tick behind that of the player mesh/position itself, which is causing a noticable lag where the aura will fall behind the player when moving very fast(or sometimes even just moving at all), and will take a few frames to catch up. Ruins the whole appearance.

For the moment, these are just place-holders anyways, the actual aura style will be different in the final version of the game.

And I'll see if I can get another gameplay video recorded to post soon, still working out all the kinks in some combat mechanics presently(mainly need to finish all the attack animations without 3DS Max blowing up halfway through every animation), and starting on Level 1 of the campaign mode soonish. Will probably release a demo for it once Level 1 and the first Hoard Mode stage are finished... Depending on how things go, I may also do a Kickstarter campaign to finish and release the full game for sale on Steam or something like that, but that remains to be seen...

Reply with quote Monday, January 19, 2015

Ha ha, can't wait for the demo. Smile

by the way, won't you have problems with rights if you want to sell it ?

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Ha ha, can't wait for the demo. Smile

by the way, won't you have problems with rights if you want to sell it ?

Nope. Going to be all original characters, maps, assets, exc. All the stuff from ZEQ2-Lite will be removed for the final commercial game, as well as the demo to avoid any potential legal worries.

The only reasons they're there now is partly as placeholders for other assets that hadn't been made yet(and for the most part aren't even needed anymore since original assets have already been made to replace pretty much everything that I ported over from the SVN), and partly just because I was testing to see if I could recreate portions of ZEQ2-Lite in UDK(particularly the Cel Shading/Outlining, but UE techniques are far inferior to ZEQ2-Lite's methods). They were never intended to be used in the final versions of this game.

An alternate "ZEQ2-UDK" version is still up in the air, but I'm not committed to the idea since my time is valuable, and there's no money in making a purely free game just for the heck of it... If anything, ZOPU will probably be the replacement project for ZEQ2-UDK anyways once I upgrade my computers, since it's significantly easier to work with via blueprints than UDK is through Unrealscript... So with that in mind, more than likely, my ZEQ2-UDK project is dead.

But it's not gone to waste. I've learned a lot from it, and a lot of the code from it is being rolled into the new project.

I didn't talked about ZEQ2-lite contents, but Dragon Ball itself. I don't think they'll let someone gain money on their back...

I understand for ZEQ2-udk, nobody force you to make it free and for the ZEQ2 project. Most if you work alone.. Anyway, you have my support on this. (even if it's not very useful..) Smile

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I didn't talked about ZEQ2-lite contents, but Dragon Ball itself. I don't think they'll let someone gain money on their back...

I understand for ZEQ2-udk, nobody force you to make it free and for the ZEQ2 project. Most if you work alone.. Anyway, you have my support on this. (even if it's not very useful..) Smile

I think you misunderstood what I said.

When I said "Original characters, maps, assets, exc.", I litterally meant "original". As in "non-derivative of someone else's property". As in "No one owns the property but me because I created everything in it".

Nothing in the game, not even in part, will be based off of Dragonball Z or any of Toriama's other work.

The game will have its own characters, with its own universe, with its own storyline. Everything in it will be solely possessed by me, and no one else.

Ah okay, I though about this possibility, but I though I would have misunderstood. Hem, anyway..

Can we know what it will be about or you keep it secret for now ? (gameplay type, story ?)

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Ah okay, I though about this possibility, but I though I would have misunderstood. Hem, anyway..

Can we know what it will be about or you keep it secret for now ? (gameplay type, story ?)

Sorry for the delayed response, no internet at home...

Story is largely in development and will be kept under wraps until closer to the game's release.

The gameplay will be largely in the genre of arcade style 3D Beat 'Em Up. Similar in style to things like Bayonetta, DmC, or Dynasty Warriors, combining elements of open world exploration(limited in scope for "reasons" which are obvious below).

To summarize the game pitch, "A riot breaks out at a comic convention, and you have to fight your way through hoards of raging geek culture to get your autographs".

This is just a summary of the setting though. There'll be more to the story/campaign mode than that, but as I said, the story itself is still in the works.

There are four planned player-characters, and there will be a variety of enemy types to combat, mostly based around different sub-genres of geekdom. Furries, Trekies(will be a generic futuristic sci-fi, not Star Trek), Professional Cosplayers, Comic Nerds, and more will comprise just a portion of the enemies you'll face. To avoid legal concerns, any "parodied" characters will be made different enough to avoid being blatant rip-offs, but similar enough that you'll know what they're a parody of to get the jokes... And there will be jokes...

Reply with quote Friday, January 23, 2015

Shocked

A dream.. Become true... :angel:

It seems even improbable to reach said like that.. slammit, if I could clone myself, I would be happy to help many projects like this.. But I'm not named Naruto unfortunately... I can only give you my moral support..

Would be even more perfect if it was running on a Nerve Gear. MOUAH HA HA HA ! è.é Laughing

Zay View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 30, 2015

I better see bronies...

Reply with quote Friday, January 30, 2015

Zay wrote : I better see bronies...

Well... No... Not exactly...

"Bronies" would be covered under "Furries", so you'll be able to murder the heck out of them at least... In a purely legal, fantasy, so you don't go to jail, kind of way(Note: I do NOT condone violence against real life Bronies/Furries!)... But I'm staying away from any questionable content such as your suggestion... Please try to keep it clean...

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Shenku this point of gravity thing reallly intrigues me despite the fact that I have no knowledge of coding. Anyway, the real reason I'm here however, is to suggest another idea for your attack system. (This is completely ripped from Xenoverse) A specified key would toggle a drop down menu with 4 or so options for equippable attacks to be chosen. When this menu is inactive then those same buttons could be used for various types of mêlée attacks.

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress from you in the future. Keep it up!

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 04, 2015

I had a whole post written up explaining some of the issues with point gravity as it's currently setup, as well as one method I was considering for handling attacks, and was previewing it before I hit submit to make sure that it looked okay, and then my laptop died...

So short version!

Point Gravity: It's put together purely through blueprints, no code involved. Far from perfect, but that's due to bugs in the engine's code that haven't been fixed yet...

mêlée/Attack handling: Thinking of using the DCUO/Tera method of using "switching" buttons/triggers to switch the functions of the controller's/mouse's attack buttons, and depending on how I do it I could give the player at least 8 attacks base, plus have certain attacks change depending on distance and how long they're charged for, and all attacks would be semi-customizable on which buttons they're linked to from a controller options sub-menu...

Reply with quote Monday, March 02, 2015

Minor update:

I got tired of waiting until I had money to replace it, so I've ripped open my laptop and semi-Macgyvered it into a quasi-working state by push starting the cooling fan like a prop on an old biplane.... Fix is only temporary, and finicky at best with inconsistent results, but has allowed me to resume work in Unreal 4 again...

I got a semi-working aura added in, and had a screenshot, but my laptop overheated and auto-shutdown before I could upload it as I was busy uploading a video for a different project(Spritehaven)...

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 02, 2015

That other project "Spritehaven" has a character creation system?

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Richma wrote : That other project "Spritehaven" has a character creation system?

Yup, part of why Spritehaven(the previously mentioned in my other thread as the Skyrim/Animal Crossing game) is so much bigger of a project than the other games I'm working on.

Although Spritehaven's aimed at younger audiences, little kids mostly, compared to the other ones.

Half the assets I won't be able to work on until I get funding though since I don't want to have to completely remake everything...

<<  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]