Content

1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  >>

ZOPU: Now with Ultra Instinct! Sorta...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 29, 2014

ZOPU is now out for public testing, for more information, check out its home page at http://zopu.spritehaven.com for details.

Click here to get ZOPU Version 0.0.8:
http://zopu.spritehaven.com/?p=93

Original First Post:

Been tinkering with Unreal for a while now, first with UDK and more recently with Unreal Engine 4, and one of the things I've been using as a "test" to try out some basic gameplay things has been using ZEQ2-Lite assets to try and make a Dragonball Z styled game...

Anyways, here's a brief teaser of what I've been putting together so far in Unreal 4... There's nothing fancy yet, just a very basic map(Using ZEQ2-Lite's Namek textures), generic movement(Walk/Run/Jump/Fly, no Zanzoken, boosting, or advanced flying features yet), only a partially working HUD(no menus yet, and camera can't be adjusted just yet...), and no attacks to speak of(And the Goku is of course the ZEQ2-Lite Goku)... Suffice to say, very work in progress right now...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Woow.. Nice work.. ._.

Can you make a gameplay video please ? : >

gigirs50 Protege View user's profile Send private message

Zeq2lite using the UE4? sounds interesting, please continue Very Happy

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 30, 2014

That map is looking great Shenku! You seem to have a knack for natural cliff modeling. Smile

TRL wrote : That map is looking great Shenku! You seem to have a knack for natural cliff modeling. Smile

I kind of cheated for those. Most of the cliffs and islands are the same couple of meshes, just copied, rescaled, squashed, stretched, reordered, and rotated around to give the illusion of being different pieces of geometry... But the result didn't turn out half bad...

Oh, and working on setting up attacks right now, will post an update as soon as I have something more solid to show...

leogone View user's profile Send private message

Sounds interesting....I'll try to stay tuned here. =)

Good job Shenku Smile

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Still, it's the result that matters right.

Tonic View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2-Lite? On Unreal Engine 4? AMAZING!

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Tonic

Next time on frostbite3 Laughing (no offense)

Tonic View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Tonic

Next time on frostbite3 :*laughing out loud*: (no offense)

Frostbite3? *laughing out loud*

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Nice level designing. Smile

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Nothing super fancy yet, but I got a basic beam attack working... Mostly...

http://youtu.be/O9sye14UgSQ

Still need to root the player in place when firing it, and fix the animation transitioning to actually switch properly back to the idle when the attack detonates(currently it just keeps looping until a delay triggers it to go back to idle; the function I made to switch it on detonation doesn't seem to work yet...), and blend the animations when moving properly...

Also on the "to do list":

*Add system for switching between multiple attacks/animations.

*Add Aura and Boosting mechanics, Aura design and implementation still being considered... While I'd like to do something similar to Alex's design philosophy for an accurate looking aura, I lack the technical expertise to accomplish it, simple particles may have to substitute in the mean time...

*Zanzoken/Instant Transmission system.

*Menus. Main menu, Character/Map select menus, Options/configuration menu, exc.

*AI support. Need something to be able to punch in the face... Now if only I knew more about actually programming together a worthy opponent AI...

*Multiplayer/Server support. Because it might be easier to get it set up to punch your buddy in the face than to punch a semi-intelligent AI...

Speaking of punching things in the face:

*mêlée system. Not sure how I want to approach this yet, but leaning towards a semi-combo based system similar in some senses to that of DC Universe Online and their "weapon combos", for those who've played it. Essentially all combos done with the two mouse buttons by either tapping or holding one mouse button or the other. Energy Attacks would probably be fired off from the number keys, meaning you don't need to actively switch which attack you have ready, the down side being you have to either move your fingers off the movement keys or your mouse to fire of a Kamehameha or something like, leaving you at a disadvantage... Not sure if I want to go this route though... Thoughts anyone? Open to suggestions on how to handle the mix of mêlée and ranged attacks...

gigirs50 Protege View user's profile Send private message

Nice Shenku, I'm not sure if it's or not in the list to add but you should change the shader: for now everything seems plastic, keep it up man..I'm following your progress with great interest Very Happy

gigirs50 wrote : Nice Shenku, I'm not sure if it's or not in the list to add but you should change the shader: for now everything seems plastic, keep it up man..I'm following your progress with great interest Very Happy

Forgot to put that on there, but yeah... Once I figure out how to work with the post processing effects I intend to setup some basic cel shading/outlines, the goal will be to try and capture the same kind of stylistic appearance that ZEQ2-Lite has...

Current issue is my computer doesn't like compiling the shaders, so the smallest of changes can take five minutes to compile, where as a major change leaves me waiting for upwards of 20-30 minutes sometimes... Apparently the shader compiler doesn't like CPUs with less than 4 cores from what I've been able to gather...

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 05, 2014

wow please do me a favour and send me that flying script I will say you're the one who created it I'm just stuck and can't figure it out :/ my email is [email protected]

emirh08 wrote : wow please do me a favour and send me that flying script I will say you're the one who created it I'm just stuck and can't figure it out :/ my email is [email protected]

My flying stuff is all handled from the character blueprint, but it's not yet finished and it's horribly complex to explain... The reason it's still not finished though is that I'm having trouble with controlling pitch and yaw when rolling and haven't been able to correct it yet. As best as I can tell, my issue is being caused by a bug with the engine itself and Epic hasn't fixed it yet(it's sorta a known issue, but I couldn't find a fix), so that might be a while...

Shenku wrote :

emirh08 wrote : wow please do me a favour and send me that flying script I will say you're the one who created it I'm just stuck and can't figure it out :/ my email is [email protected]

My flying stuff is all handled from the character blueprint, but it's not yet finished and it's horribly complex to explain... The reason it's still not finished though is that I'm having trouble with controlling pitch and yaw when rolling and haven't been able to correct it yet. As best as I can tell, my issue is being caused by a bug with the engine itself and Epic hasn't fixed it yet(it's sorta a known issue, but I couldn't find a fix), so that might be a while...

That's okay I don't need pitch and yawn when rolling just send it to that account PLEASE Wink *laughing out loud* but seriously if you can that would be great if not I guess that's okay as well Smile

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 06, 2014

Since both of you are working on the same engine as a way to learn the engine why not actually team up a bit?

The forum is a really inefficient way of communication. You should think of swithing to something like skype so you can talk more directly while you are working.

Yeah that's what I was thinking give me your skype name or add me then I can add you to the zedu general group Smile

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

good work shenku and emirh08, continue this way and yes, I'm agree with Grega if you work together this project is going to be even better anyway good luck...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Yeah that's what I was thinking give me your skype name or add me then I can add you to the zedu general group

Unless you have a group already assembled, you probably should just communicate directly. You can always make a new group conversation in the future, but you should never subject Shenku to the chaos that is ZEDU General.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Zeth wrote :

Yeah that's what I was thinking give me your skype name or add me then I can add you to the zedu general group

Unless you have a group already assembled, you probably should just communicate directly. You can always make a new group conversation in the future, but you should never subject Shenku to the chaos that is ZEDU General.

HAHAHHAA yeah but I thought just incase he has any ideas he would want to share with the rest as well is all Smile

Reply with quote Thursday, July 10, 2014

Zeth wrote : but you should never subject Shenku to the chaos that is ZEDU General.

Yeah, me and chaos don't get along very well. The last time I tried, I ended up taking a trip through college and got around $100k in debt and a job that paid me even less than what I had before...

Shenku wrote :

Zeth wrote : but you should never subject Shenku to the chaos that is ZEDU General.

Yeah, me and chaos don't get along very well. The last time I tried, I ended up taking a trip through college and got around $100k in debt and a job that paid me even less than what I had before...

*laughing out loud* dw I've got this on my own haha

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* dw I've got this on my own haha

I don't think he was implying you couldn't work together. He was just equating the chaos to how fiscally impractical college was for him.

1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]