<<  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  >>

ZOPU: Now with Ultra Instinct! Sorta...

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 27, 2017

Nice

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 27, 2017

Just a small update.

Added Central City and West City, along with some placeholders for Capsule Corp.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Holy cow! Neat!

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Added in trigger volumes at the Space Ship at Capsule Corp. to allow travel to Namek, and a second trigger volume at Kami's Lookout to travel to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber... Not perfect, and need to add a UI prompt for travel instead of having it happen on entering the trigger volume alone, but it works for now...

Note, similar to the actual Time Chamber in the anime, the area is HUGE, so if you stray too far out, it can be a little hard to spot the building to find your way back... But it's not like there's anything to see out there anyways, so why would you want to fly that far out...?

Not perfect, and need to add a UI prompt for travel instead of having it happen on entering the trigger volume alone, but it works for now...

Should be fairly easy, and it's very unlikely you will break anything at this level.

Eagle wrote :

Not perfect, and need to add a UI prompt for travel instead of having it happen on entering the trigger volume alone, but it works for now...

Should be fairly easy, and it's very unlikely you will break anything at this level.

It is fairly easy, the implementation of level swapping wasn't finished yet though, that's just what I had last night at like 1:30ish in the morning, and was too tired to finish out the rest...

Anyways, added in the UI prompt, fixed it so a loading screen pops up between loading the new map and unloading the previous one, added a kill Z volume (The default one is disabled due to how Unreal handles maps as large as this one is) to collect and destroy any straggling NPCs or players that may somehow fall underneath the map, and added a call to delete all AI actors on map changing since previously the AI persisted even though the map they were in was unloaded, which looked weird when you could see the AI that were on Earth from Namek if the Kill Z volume didn't collect them right away...

Reply with quote Thursday, March 30, 2017

Added rough placeholder for the Cell Games arena... Need to put together a spline based mesh in the future for the roads, cause they look way too pixelated when just painted onto the landscape material as they are currently...

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Added placeholder for Goku and Chi-Chi's house, as well as a non-interactive Chi-Chi...

Also, I'm looking to add/fix a just few more things (Placeholders for Orange Star City, Ginger Town, a few other major landmarks, exc.), then I'm going to release an early alpha build for general testing sometime this week by no later than Friday, so keep your eyes peeled...

Note: This initial release will NOT have multiplayer. Have to overhaul a lot of systems for proper server replication before such a feature will be available. In the mean time, you'll just have to beat up the immersion breaking army of Teen Gohan clones...

"Dragon Ball: The Clone War"
Definitely original.

On a side note, we will see how it runs on my potato config'.

Added placeholder for Orange Star High School, as well as Orange Star City.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 05, 2017

great work Shenku Cool

Reply with quote Thursday, April 06, 2017

Setup a basic website sub-domain in preparation of ZOPU's alpha release. All future updates will be posted there as well as here and on my YouTube channel.

Link: http://zopu.spritehaven.com/

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 07, 2017

If you want you can upload your alpha directly on my modDB.
You can get more visibility.

http://www.moddb.com/groups/dragonball-games-and-mods

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

By the way, whatever happened to the later generation ZEQ2 models, like the 6th Generation Vegeta? I feel like they were uploaded somewhere on one of the SVN servers, but I can't recall which one or where, and I'm starting to feel like the ZEQ2-Lite models are showing their age too much. I've been thinking for a while that it might be time to start updating/swapping the character meshes out for better quality ones, and those could save me a ton of remodeling work, assuming you don't mind me using them.

The only two that were done were Goku and Vegeta. You are more than welcome to try your hand at them, but they rely on a textureless style -- therefore, you'll need to implement edge mesh outlines (or port one of the Unity shaders/techniques we have floating around). As far as I know, they are on the ZEQ2 Media SVN. If not, try reaching myself or Aravind on Discord for them.

HTTPS://YOUTU.BE/FNCBLHSY8FM

Besides the ridiculous crackling of audio (hope it was just your recording and not the game audio itself), the biggest issue for your presentation remains to be lighting/color balance. Your characters and scenes are still extremely overbright.

Also, besides needing proper shading band use, your characters need to adopt a different inking/outline technique. What you have looks like its only considering silhouettes on the characters as a single object (and poorly in some areas). The lack of rendering the head with unique silhouette lines is most notable. If you are unfamiliar about implementing your own shader or cannot find better inking techniques from others in the Unreal community, contact me and we'll see about porting some of the Zios HLSL/CG shaders.

Aside from these things, it looks like you are making some good progress. Keep it up! Looking forward to testing your released build.

If you are unfamiliar about implementing your own shader or cannot find better inking techniques from others in the Unreal community, contact me and we'll see about porting some of the Zios HLSL/CG shaders.

If those are ever translated to GLSL, include me in the discussion as well!

Zeth wrote :

By the way, whatever happened to the later generation ZEQ2 models, like the 6th Generation Vegeta? I feel like they were uploaded somewhere on one of the SVN servers, but I can't recall which one or where, and I'm starting to feel like the ZEQ2-Lite models are showing their age too much. I've been thinking for a while that it might be time to start updating/swapping the character meshes out for better quality ones, and those could save me a ton of remodeling work, assuming you don't mind me using them.

The only two that were done were Goku and Vegeta. You are more than welcome to try your hand at them, but they rely on a textureless style -- therefore, you'll need to implement edge mesh outlines (or port one of the Unity shaders/techniques we have floating around). As far as I know, they are on the ZEQ2 Media SVN. If not, try reaching myself or Aravind on Discord for them.

Sounds good, I'll be sure to hit one of you guys up then the next time I see one of you on Discord.

HTTPS://YOUTU.BE/FNCBLHSY8FM

Besides the ridiculous crackling of audio (hope it was just your recording and not the game audio itself),

Yeah, that's a bug with how Fraps recorded the video, and I didn't notice it until after I uploaded the video and rewatched it... Doesn't make those noises at all in the game itself.

the biggest issue for your presentation remains to be lighting/color balance. Your characters and scenes are still extremely overbright.

It's a bit of a reoccurring issue, yeah. Everytime I think I've fixed it for good, a post processing volume, or the player's camera settings seem to reset to mess something up somewhere. Like how Motion Blur kept reenabling itself before, now it seems to be doing it to auto exposure settings, which is what's "adjusting" the lighting, and making things too bright under certain conditions. I also may or may not have forgotten to unload a separate level in the background which had its own global light source, which would have doubled the lighting influence... Should be fixed now, for now at least...

Also, besides needing proper shading band use, your characters need to adopt a different inking/outline technique. What you have looks like its only considering silhouettes on the characters as a single object (and poorly in some areas). The lack of rendering the head with unique silhouette lines is most notable. If you are unfamiliar about implementing your own shader or cannot find better inking techniques from others in the Unreal community, contact me and we'll see about porting some of the Zios HLSL/CG shaders.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone on putting in a better cel-shading/outlining solution, because the current one I'm using is kind of not that great in terms of flexibility, and yes, it does seem to more favor silhouettes as opposed to anything. I could increase the line thickness, and decrease the tolerances to get outlines on more of the character, but when the character gets too far from the camera, or a cel/outline rendered object is too big, they start getting covered by large black blotches instead of just outlines, and it starts looking really bad.

Aside from these things, it looks like you are making some good progress. Keep it up! Looking forward to testing your released build.

Going to have it up either today or tomorrow, depending on if I can fix a few more bugs quickly or not, but would be glad to get a more expert opinion on where additional work would be needed. Temper your expectations though, cause mêlée is still really spammy and underdeveloped, and skills (Energy attacks) still only partially work...

Reply with quote Saturday, April 08, 2017

ZOPU is now out for public testing, for more information, check out its home page at http://zopu.spritehaven.com for details.

Click here to get ZOPU Version 0.0.1:
http://zopu.spritehaven.com/?p=56

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 09, 2017

It has great potential. The transformations are too slow!

anyway good job Wink

Reply with quote Sunday, April 09, 2017

qwerty wrote : It has great potential. The transformations are too slow!

anyway good job Wink

The first transformations are longer for every form, but retransforming is faster the second time around for each form. And the first times are that long, because that's about how long it takes in the anime, hence more accuracy to the source material.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 10, 2017

I didn't have much time to test, but here are a few things I immediately noticed.

• Velocity is preserved from ending flight. While flying, look 45 degrees up at an angle while moving forward. End flight and you'll go flying off as if you launched yourself.
• MouseY movement is inversed. This isn't the third-person standard for controls, but it's fine to have as a non-default option.
• The aura trail renderer looks to be a 3D mesh of some kind rather than a single-sided quad sprite. This (and perhaps spacing/render order/alpha blend settings) causes visible overlap issues.
• Camera rotation values while on the ground need to be clamped to a specific range to avoid awkward ground movement.
• Animation to and from idle have no tween/transition value and snap instantly. Movement while already established DOES seem to transition, however.
• Mouse look left/right while locked on target can cause some model pieces to dislocate their position (mainly the shirt)

Zeth wrote : I didn't have much time to test, but here are a few things I immediately noticed.

• Velocity is preserved from ending flight. While flying, look 45 degrees up at an angle while moving forward. End flight and you'll go flying off as if you launched yourself.

This was partially intended, though I think most of the momentum should probably be lost when dropping out of flight to prevent launcing absurd distances.

• Mouse why movement is inversed. This isn't the third-person standard for controls, but it's fine to have as a non-default option.

Yeah, I already got some suggestions off Discord from Eagle about that being an issue. Going to flip it back, and add an option to invert that can be optionally enabled.

• The aura trail renderer looks to be a 3D mesh of some kind rather than a single-sided quad sprite. This (and perhaps spacing/render order/alpha blend settings) causes visible overlap issues.

That's a problem with how particle trail sprites are rendered, but I have been looking into fixes already, cause it's been bugging me too.

• Camera rotation values while on the ground need to be clamped to a specific range to avoid awkward ground movement.

Eagle pointed that out to me as well. It's leftover code from when I was trying to simulate point gravity for King Kai's planet, but I never got it to fully work, and forgot to reclamp the values when I gave up on it.

• Animation to and from idle have no tween/transition value and snap instantly. Movement while already established DOES seem to transition, however.
• Mouse look left/right while locked on target can cause some model pieces to dislocate their position (mainly the shirt)

The whole animation setup is going to be overhauled soonish, which will hopefully correct these problems in the process.

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

really well done, feels solid and I loveeeee the aura "need to make me one Wink" keep at it and mess with that lighting a little more

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Adding in an often overlooked transformation in commercial games, because despite it being replaced by Super Saiyan 2 later, it was still one of the more visually impressive transformations, and my personal favorite despite its obvious drawbacks, especially with Trunks and Vegeta's versions...

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 25, 2017

https://youtu.be/5JWJsCYkElM

Added Vegeta's Android/Cell Saga armor as a customization option, as well as fixed some animation bugs with transformations.

Started work on fixing the animation system, unfortunately, this version breaks mêlée animations for regular mêlée (Left mouse button mêlée animations don't play at all), while power mêlée (right mouse button mêlée attacks) still uses the old setup and functions as it did before.

Reply with quote Monday, May 15, 2017

New update released. release notes and download link can be found on zopu.spritehaven.com

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]